Michael's vocals on Brandy's "Its not worth it"

BONGANI

Proud Member
I remember listening to Brandy's FULL MOON album a few years back and all of a sudden I heard an undeniable Michael Jackson falsetto when this particlular song began. I thought I was hearing things:wild:, I played that part again and I definetly knew it was Michael.
Do you guys remember what I'm talking about?
Can anyone figure out wat he's saying?

Last edited:
Yeah I love the song, cant work out what MJ is saying.

Rodney Jerkins also used that same falsetto for the song "Ride With Me" which is also a good tune !!

I love that song too.

What I make of it, he does a little "oooooh" part lol. Then he says "don't leave me this way".

::shrugs:: lol

I found this of jacksonvillage.org:
unreleased songs:
It's Not Worth It (2001) (Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Ameen Daniels)
Brandy
A very few seconds of Michael Jackson's vocals (he was given the
song but dismissed it soon) are used as an additional background loop.

• (4:29) Brandy: "Full Moon"
    (Album, CD, 2002)
But, you're probably going to laugh a lot, I heard the song and I didn't hear him:( :blush: so I've got no idea what he's saying either

Yeah it's a Michael Jackson sample, it's really nice, he sounds like an angel.

He's saying "ooooooooooowooooooooo" "somethin staaaaaaaaaaaanks!"

Yeah it's a Michael Jackson sample, it's really nice, he sounds like an angel.

He's saying "ooooooooooowooooooooo" "somethin staaaaaaaaaaaanks!"

yes he sure does. I love the way his voice sounds when he sings :)

I found this of jacksonvillage.org:
unreleased songs:
It's Not Worth It (2001) (Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Ameen Daniels)
Brandy
A very few seconds of Michael Jackson's vocals (he was given the

song but dismissed it soon) are used as an additional background loop.
  • (4:29) Brandy: "Full Moon"
    (Album, CD, 2002)
But, you're probably going to laugh a lot, I heard the song and I didn't hear him:( :blush: so I've got no idea what he's saying either
Wow thanx for the info, and shame on you for not hearing Mike:D

I love michael on that song. It sound to me like he is saying. "OoOoOoOoOoOOOOU, Baby stayyyyy"
Whatever it is, it' HOT HOT HOT!

Somehow I just missed out on this song – and just discovered it. I like it a lot... Michael's vocals are beautiful. I wonder if a Michael-only version exists?

Piek;4321718 said:
Somehow I just missed out on this song – and just discovered it. I like it a lot... Michael's vocals are beautiful. I wonder if a Michael-only version exists?

I believe Michael did a demo for Brandy sometime during the late stages of or after the Invincible sessions, since Darkchild was also the producer for Brandy's Full Moon. He played a snippet or two of it during that Instagram Live session in March 2020, and the link to that is here:

[video=youtube;9MN4d_6dN6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MN4d_6dN6c[/video]

I believe Michael did a demo for Brandy sometime during the late stages of or after the Invincible sessions, since Darkchild was also the producer for Brandy's Full Moon. He played a snippet or two of it during that Instagram Live session in March 2020, and the link to that is here:

Most of the clips here are from other demos sung by LaShawn Daniels, Rodney's friend and songwriter collaborator. The demo which is unnamed for now is at 0:02 to 0:04 and 0:12 until the end. One line from this demo was used on Brandy's "It's Not Worth It" [2002] and "Ride with Me" from Rodney's Versatility album [2006].

Rodney said it was the first demo he has ever done with Michael, in 1999 around the time he met him at Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster's place when they did We've Had Enough.

You can also hear similarities with another Brandy song called "Angel in Disguise" [1998] (differents chords on the Rhodes but the essence is the same, e.g the drum pattern is the same).

Back