"That's What You Get for Being Polite"

bringin back an old thread, just to mention (in case i haven't) how much I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For about a whole month in the summer, I listened to this song on repeat everytime I drove somewhere!!!! *sigh*

"Cant get enough of MJ's vocals on this track.
How does he make the begging and pleading in his voice sound so sexy?"

^^SOOOO TRUE^^^^!

i'm glad i found this thread, thought i was the only one listening to that song on repeat and loving it and thinking about mj. his voice is like whipped butter on this!

i'm glad i found this thread, thought i was the only one listening to that song on repeat and loving it and thinking about mj. his voice is like whipped butter on this!

lol, whipped butter!!! :lol: how wondrous

I always thought Michael was talking about himself in the song. The lyrics really do seem to fit him, but anyway this is a great song. One of the best by The Jacksons.

Michael mentions this in "Moonwalk". Here's the text:

‘That’s What You Get (For Being Polite) was my way of letting on that
I knew I wasn’t living in an ivory tower, and that I had
insecurities and doubts, just as all other teenagers do. I was worried that
the world and all it had to offer could be passing me by, even as I tried
to get on top of my field.’

I am pretty sure it's written about himself. :)

yeah, you can't really say, oh he was only such and such age because whatever age we are, we think are our problems are as sad as they're going to be, then you get older and take it back :p

LOVE walking down memorie lane
(sitting at home as a kid watching these great jackson songs on an old black and white tv lol)

Last edited:
Black Eyed Peas feat. Lauren Evans - Get Ready

Here's a song from the new Black Eyed Peas album Masters of the Sun Vol. 1 that samples it

Back