Rotimi 'Hollywood Tonight' [Michael Jackson Cover]

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests

In this exciting new GWHH PREMIERE, we present a brand new video from up and coming R&B star Rotimi. But this one's different than what you may be expecting as he covers his idol MIchael Jackson and his new song "Hollywood Tonight". If that doesn't sound familiar to you, then it is probably because you missed it on the posthumous release Michael from just a couple of weeks ago. What I noticed right away is that Rotimi emulates Michael's vocal style a little bit like you should in the cover, but also, nothing is exaggerated and he adds his own personal sound to the singing as well. And in addition to the on point vocals, Ro' recruits a dope live guitar and even a beatbox master by the name Ralphie to further add the original twist. The organic, in-studio process of creating the cover is artistically documented in the video as all three get some face time in the crispy visuals. I loved this one all the way around and look forward to what Rotimi has got in store for the upcoming debut project, The Resume, due out in February, 2011. If this is just an appetizer, then you know Rotimi's got somethin' special in store in a couple months and you know Gowhere will keep you in tune with what is to come from Ro' until then, so until then, enjoy!

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/gow...ight-michael-jackson-cover.html#ixzz19LvvP8Me

out less than two weeks and already being covered....I dont think I like that idea..:(

It's good. Sony will see that HT as single is a good idea.

It's good. Sony will see that HT as single is a good idea.

Don't kid yourself. Sony can't even pick a decent track listing or promote the album right to save their lives, much less decide on what song would be a great single.

Remember this is the same record label that thought You Rock My World was a better 1st single than Unbreakable.

Remember this is the same record label that thought You Rock My World was a better 1st single than Unbreakable.[/QUOTE]

Yes, IT was:cheeky:
And UNBREAKABLE is so forgettable, good as an opener but nowhere near as anything uptempo on MICHAEL:wub:

No louis, Unbreakable would have been a much better 1st single, not only as its a great song, but because Michael had big plans for the video. The clubs would have loved the song.
You Rock My World was more radio friendly that's the only thing it has over Unbreakable

Hollywood Tonight needs to be released, besides maybe Behind The Mask its my favourite !! :)

Michael wanted UNBREAKABLE over YOU ROCK MY WORLD as 1st single. I go with MJs instincts over SONY's.

HT & BTM need to be singles IMO

Teddy, listen to this guitar please. See how funky it is? THAT'S how HT is supposed to sound. Those violins ruined the song for me. It's still good but it could have been SO. MUCH. BETTER!

teddy, listen to this guitar please. See how funky it is? That's how ht is supposed to sound. Those violins ruined the song for me. It's still good but it could have been so. Much. Better!

+100000000

No louis, Unbreakable would have been a much better 1st single, not only as its a great song, but because Michael had big plans for the video. The clubs would have loved the song.
You Rock My World was more radio friendly that's the only thing it has over Unbreakable

Hollywood Tonight needs to be released, besides maybe Behind The Mask its my favourite !! :)

I'm aware of Michael's plans for the UNBREAKABLE video, the Mel Gibson guest appereance blah, blah , blah but if he really wanted to come back with a bang he should have pushed more HEARTBREAKER given its innovative feel. That is the only real club stomper on Vince:yes:
Anyway, at those times YOU ROCK MY WORLD fared better than expected, even US radios embraced the track more than anything on HISTORY.
That's why I think it was wiswly chosen by Sony:cheeky:

^^ Actually, YOU ARE NOT ALONE was a SMASH hit off of HiStory, and to a lesser extent, SCREAM.

Yes, you're right but i'm talking just from radio spins point of view: funny that they seem to love most in US THIS TIME AROUND that was just a teaser single, given the hip hop vibe it had:scratch:

I like it, a lot & love the guitar.

I really don't like the speaking parts Taryll does in Hollywood Tonight... sounds so cheesy.

out less than two weeks and already being covered....I dont think I like that idea..:sad:

Don't worry it's just a cover on youtube...not to be released & sold or anything... lots of people cover lots of songs on youtube.. like I could do a cover of this song or any song and upload it..

It's a good sign, take it as a compliment, shows people like the song and any promotion helps :)

Kudos to this dude too who made a video of himself dancing to Hollywood Tonight..

[youtube]mDweLl--oMA[/youtube]

Last edited:
HT is already a youtube hit! What is SONY waiting for???

Back