Another Day - Official Discussion Thread

Roosje

Proud Member
Almost every song on the album has it's own thread, but Another Day doesn't. Is this because we've discussed it to death when it leaked last year? I've read some disappointed reactions over the final outcome, some mildly enthousiastic. Although I do agree it's a bit repetitive, it still has Michael's magic all over it and it is MJ rocking!! That on itself is never boring. I think this could be a hit, surely with Lenny's help to promote the song. His guitar solo is really cool. Also, Dave Grohl (an admitted MJ fan) contributes his drums to the song, which I can't really detect, but it's still a cool fact. When this was first leaked it seemed everyone thought this would be a huge hit, now it seems the song hardly exists to MJ fans. I think this song deserves more love, thus I started this thread. Another Day love, opinions, criticisms and discussion please!

Re: Another Day

I love Another Day. I wasn't all that bothered about the leaked snippet, but after hearing it in it's entirity I think it's one of the strongest songs on the album.

^ Definitely, in the Top 3 of the album together with Behind The Mask & Much Too Soon.

^ Definitely, in the Top 3 of the album together with Behind The Mask & Much Too Soon.

I would rank it like this:

1. Hollywood Tonight
2. Behind The Mask
3. Much Too Soon
4. Another Day

Love the new polished mix. Should have made Invincible.

^I agree, Invincible was lacking in rock MJ. Too much R&B. But I'm just happpy we got to hear the song after all. My MICHAEL top 3 at the moment:

1. Behind the Mask (this will not change, this song is epic)
2. Another Day
3. Monster/Much too Soon (depends on location. In the car it's Monster, elsewhere Much too Soon).

I would rank it like this:

1. Hollywood Tonight
2. Behind The Mask
3. Much Too Soon
4. Another Day

I like the first half of HT and the production but that spoken 'rap' and the final 'She's Hollywood' refrains annoy me!

1. Monster = will be a HUGE hit!
2. Behind the mask
3. Keep your head up
4. Another day

I think this album is much better then invincible

O, i love the casiotracks! I hope burn 2night will be released (another casio track)
I really want to know what michael was up to with his music :D

I hope both Another Day and Behind The Mask get released as singles at some point becaus i'd really want to hear the original versions of it which would be marked as an "alternative mix" on the single CDs.

I would love to hear Behind The Mask with the original instrumental and Another Day the way Michael finished it.

O, i love the casiotracks! I hope burn 2night will be released (another casio track)
I really want to know what michael was up to with his music :D

Have you heard "Burn Tonight"? If so, where?

The Cascio tracks are disgusting. Musically. Vocally. Lyrically. And in every other definition of that word.

^ Lucky for you this thread is about Another Day. Any comments on that one or are you just too busy commenting on the 'disgusting' stuff?

This song means soooo very much to me, more than i could ever explain or put into words.

Hats off to Lenny and Dave, awesome job. God bless them both and everyone who worked on the song.

Sick and tired of people going on and on and on about these Cascio tracks. Let it go already for God sake.

As for Another Day - It's pretty good, probs my 5th fav from the album.

1. Monster.
2. Breaking News
3. Hollywood Tonight
4. Behind The Mask
5. Another Day

^ Lucky for you this thread is about Another Day. Any comments on that one or are you just too busy commenting on the 'disgusting' stuff?

Did I bring the Cascio tracks up?

That's the person you should be directing your comment to. That's the person that mentioned the Cascio tracks. Which means I'm perfectly entitled to reply.

Another Day is alright. I preferred the heavier leaked version. Sounded more like a Bond song back then. Now it's significantly weaker.

^You are right, you are entitled to reply, I'm just so sad to see you bathing in your Cascio misery over and over again. There's more to do on here, like adoring the other songs on the album. Too bad Another Day isn't your cup of tea either.

If I'd never heard the leak, I'd have been happy with the song. Instead, I listen to it with great disappointment because of what Lenny did to it.

Another Day is great..Michael sounds heavenly...Although, I do prefer the leaked version..Much more powerful....Mike's voice saves the new version....Lenny's guitar is slightly souless to me...

I've never heard the leaked version of "Another Day." I just never sought it out. Does anyone have a working link to the leaked version? Thanks much!

(Well, duh, I should have checked Youtube. Do all the leaked versions have the DJ?)

Last edited:

The leaked version has such a raw power to it which this one lacks IMO..Not that this version is bad, but the new instrumentals don't meld like they did in the early version. It's like part of the song is going off in one direction, and Michael's vocals go off in another. They don't fit at all IMO. It was PERFECT the way it was, and I was so excited to hear it in it's entirety, but I was so disappointed when I found out what they did to it..Yeah, it's cool that Dave Grohl play drums on it and all, but I find myself listening to the fan made version made from the leak 100x more.

Everyone was psyched about the leaked snippet, and I really cannot understand why they would change something that was so powerful.

The leaked version has such a raw power to it which this one lacks IMO..Not that this version is bad, but the new instrumentals don't meld like they did in the early version. It's like part of the song is going off in one direction, and Michael's vocals go off in another. They don't fit at all IMO. It was PERFECT the way it was, and I was so excited to hear it in it's entirety, but I was so disappointed when I found out what they did to it..Yeah, it's cool that Dave Grohl play drums on it and all, but I find myself listening to the fan made version made from the leak 100x more.

Everyone was psyched about the leaked snippet, and I really cannot understand why they would change something that was so powerful.
Exactly, after I was playing the new MJ album in the car with my Grandmother, she really loved Another Day, but when I played her the leaked version she said it was "much more powerful and soulful". I still do not know why they changed it... they should have also kept in Michael's backing vocals on it instead of Lenny's. Michael's is just much more powerful, the comparison doesn't even compare.

@flutinggnee: There is only one leaked version, but there are fan-made songs made out of the leak which are better than the one on the album in my opinion.

^You are right, you are entitled to reply, I'm just so sad to see you bathing in your Cascio misery over and over again. There's more to do on here, like adoring the other songs on the album. Too bad Another Day isn't your cup of tea either.

Honestly, for me all of the legitimate tracks are tainted by association.

Another Day is alright. Some of Mike's vocals are great. Just feel it's a bit weak, especially the way his vocals kick in... 'my liiiiife'... I can understand why he didn't release it. That's what we're actually looking at here, songs that Michael Jackson never released. So it's hard to take that fact out of the equation. Which raises the question, 'why?'.

Behind The Mask is wonderful. And vocally it's a tour de force. Another Day's not on the same level.

Behind The Mask is wonderful. And vocally it's a tour de force. Another Day's not on the same level.

I have to agree with this....and, Behind the Mask is sexy....:cheeky:

Another Day is alright. Some of Mike's vocals are great. Just feel it's a bit weak, especially the way his vocals kick in... 'my liiiiife'... I can understand why he didn't release it. That's what we're actually looking at here, songs that Michael Jackson never released. So it's hard to take that fact out of the equation. Which raises the question, 'why?'.

By that logic, all the 'new' tracks on The Ultimate Collection, Special Editions, T25 etc wouldn't have seen the light of day.

And I'd be tempted to agree as the vast majority are well below MJ's par, which is why he didn't release them on official albums. But then every so often a real gem is thrown up such as We've Had Enough, If You Don't Love Me, and half of Michael including Another Day, but especially Behind The Mask.

By that logic, all the 'new' tracks on The Ultimate Collection, Special Editions, T25 etc wouldn't have seen the light of day.

Yes. And your point is?

Refer to Michael's speech at the Michael Jackson day. Where he talks about giving Sony some old songs to get out of his contract. Literally tossing them aside. That should be indication enough as to his feelings regarding these tracks.

Yes there were great unreleased songs. But he didn't release them for a reason. And i'm not one to argue with Michael Jackson's quality control.

Yes. And your point is?

Refer to Michael's speech at the Michael Jackson day. Where he talks about giving Sony some old songs to get out of his contract. Literally tossing them aside. That should be indication enough as to his feelings regarding these tracks.

Yes there were great unreleased songs. But he didn't release them for a reason. And i'm not one to argue with Michael Jackson's quality control.

My point was, that on that point I'm inclined to agree with you. I made a thread many moons ago discussing that 'Unreleased songs should stay unreleased'. At that point all the unreleased songs that had finally seen the light of day had done nothing but dilute Michael's work.

Like I put above there have been one or two gems, but on the whole I'd have been happier if they'd either not been released or used as B sides.

But this thread's about Another Day and that is strong enough and worthy to be on a Michael Jackson album.

But this thread's about Another Day and that is strong enough and worthy to be on a Michael Jackson album.

If you insist. I respectfully disagree. And I'll agree with Michael's own decision on this particular track.

Behind The Mask? Killer. And as Arklove says, sexy as hell. But Another Day (this version) is too tame for my tastes.

If you insist. I respectfully disagree. And I'll agree with Michael's own decision on this particular track.

Behind The Mask? Killer. And as Arklove says, sexy as hell. But Another Day (this version) is too tame for my tastes.

I agree BTM is killer and I would say deserves it's place on any MJ album. Perhaps I should put my own post into context and say Another Day would deserve it's place on Invincible. i.e. it's as good as some of the best tracks on there.

Back