'This Is It' Producer -- Star Witness in MJ Prelim

twinklEE

Proud Member
Ortega supposedly to testify in Prelim

7 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Michael Jackson's producer/director for the "This Is It" tour will be a star witness for the prosecution in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing which begins today ... sources tell TMZ.

0103-conrad-murray-kenny-ortega-michael-jackson-ex-tmz-credit.jpg

Our sources tell us ... Kenny Ortega will testify that on June 19, 2009 -- a week before MJ died -- Michael complained he was cold, had the shakes and was unable to perform ... so the rehearsal was canceled.

The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home. Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present. We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative." Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.

Ortega will testify, during the meeting, Dr. Murray said some "terrible things," showing a lack of concern and respect for Michael. Our sources would not reveal specifics, but we're told it's "damaging" to Murray.

Ortega will also testify that on June 23 and 24 -- the day before Jackson died -- Michael did a complete turnaround in rehearsals, wowing the backup dancers and others present with his moves and singing.

Ortega's testimony is important, because prosecutors will argue MJ was fine before Murray began pumping him with drugs the day he died.

Don't if I posted this right... please merge if it needs to be merged.

Michael Jackson's producer/director for the "This Is It" tour will be a star witness for the prosecution in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing which begins today ... sources tell TMZ.

Our sources tell us ... Kenny Ortega will testify that on June 19, 2009 -- a week before MJ died -- Michael complained he was cold, had the shakes and was unable to perform ... so the rehearsal was canceled.

The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home. Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present. We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative." Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.

Ortega will testify, during the meeting, Dr. Murray said some "terrible things," showing a lack of concern and respect for Michael. Our sources would not reveal specifics, but we're told it's "damaging" to Murray.

Ortega will also testify that on June 23 and 24 -- the day before Jackson died -- Michael did a complete turnaround in rehearsals, wowing the backup dancers and others present with his moves and singing.

Ortega's testimony is important, because prosecutors will argue MJ was fine before Murray began pumping him with drugs the day he died.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/04/micha...iminary-hearing-manslaughter/#comments-anchor

Re: Ortega supposedly to testify in Prelim

Hey Twinklee!

I just posted the same article.. It's obvious to me that Murray's cocktail of sleep sedatives along with the propofol was making Michael sick. Michael didn't start looking thin until Murray's 'treatments' started in May.

Ortega's testimony is important, because prosecutors will argue MJ was fine before Murray began pumping him with drugs the day he died

That's what we have been saying for along long time. MJ was perfectly fine until Murray took charge of his health life. There is no way a concerned doctor keep prescribing highly addictive benzos to a long time insomniac who was expected to deliver the sophisticated performances MJ was known for and claim it was in MJ's best interest. Murray was creating a previously NON existing problem to MJ , he wanted him to develop addiction to ANYTHING to insure he would be hired to "enable" him. Thanks God, the prosecutions won't through MJ under the bus to get an easy conviction.

yeah I just saw your thread, thanks for telling though.

Please mods delete then, I didn't see the thread by StacyJ

Stace, I agree with you

good :yes: but there is something about kenny that i dont like :no: but i dont know what it is :unsure::unsure:

sorry i know this is important but we cant have two threads the same here is the other one here

that a good testimony...Michael was fine...happy and ready before Murray started this drug pumping...

Seems, if this is true, that people got what they were asking for: a showing of concern from Michael's TII crew/promoters and the attempt to find out what was going on.

It will be interesting to hear because now it makes me wonder if Murray did think that his days were numbered in terms of official employment for the tour; I wonder if Michael was feeling so great because Murray hadn't been around for a while. I guess we will find out.

I pray Kenny & all prosecution witnesses will have the strength to tell their story cohesively.

God bless Kenny. He loved MJ.

Murray, as far as I am concerned, is guilty as sin. And now, he is trying to blame Michael for his own death?

Unacceptable.

if I was to look at this as a neutral what exactly does this prove... nothing!

The 2 days that Michael was fine could have been when he had a propo filled sleep and felt fresh from a good sleep, there is no indication that he was ill when medicated or well when un-medicated

Sometimes I wonder if Dr. Death thinks he will be safe on the street. There are many crazy fans out there, and Michael is the greatest pop star of the planet.

Obviously I do NOT want him to die. Michael would not want that. I want justice. I want him to go to jail. I want him to rot in prison.

But do you think Dr. Death will have a normal life if acquitted??

I think he'll live in fear for a lifetime. I hope so.

good :yes: but there is something about kenny that i dont like :no: but i dont know what it is :unsure::unsure:

Yep. I do not trust him. But if he help put Dr. Death in prison, I'll love him.

I am just happy that Kenny is not sticking with the story that everything was fine all of the time, if it really wasn't.

I agree Memefan, if everyone speaks up cohesively and truthfully, we will get the right outcome. (Hopefully)

Sometimes I wonder if Dr. Death thinks he will be safe on the street. There are many crazy fans out there, and Michael is the greatest pop star of the planet.

Obviously I do NOT want him to die. Michael would not want that. I want justice. I want him to go to jail. I want him to rot in prison.

But do you think Dr. Death will have a normal life if acquitted??

I think he'll live in fear for a lifetime. I hope so.

No, he won't. Everyone on the planet knows who he is now and when he is out of prison he will always have to be looking over his shoulder.

I am just happy that Kenny is not sticking with the story that everything was fine all of the time, if it really wasn't.

I agree Memefan, if everyone speaks up cohesively and truthfully, we will get the right outcome. (Hopefully)

Do we know that this is really true though? The story came from TMZ.

I don't buy this story at all. What does. Michael being cold have to do with June 25? Saying Michael was in ill health gives Murray a defense and contradicts the coroner's findings.

The only thing that makes me question is why would Kenny admit to giving Michael he riot act and yelling at him simply because he wasn't feeling well and showing symptoms that what Murray was doing was wrong or something else was wrong? I don't see how that is showing regard for MJ either its just pot calling kettle black. I also believe that MJ must have got rid of Murray for a few days and when Murray came back he was seething with anger. I really believe he had motive for murder. I just don't know why if he said horrible things about MJ he was not let go instantly and was instead allowed back in the house. Something doesn't add up.
Seems, if this is true, that people got what they were asking for: a showing of concern from Michael's TII crew/promoters and the attempt to find out what was going on.

It will be interesting to hear because now it makes me wonder if Murray did think that his days were numbered in terms of official employment for the tour; I wonder if Michael was feeling so great because Murray hadn't been around for a while. I guess we will find out.

I don't see how admitting that Michael felt hot and cold on June 19 equates to him having poor health it was just an indication that Murray was doing something very wrong and he should have been the focus of that meeting and the one given the riot act. I still see an AEG who wanted Michael to perform at all costs.
I don't buy this story at all. What does. Michael being cold have to do with June 25? Saying Michael was in ill health gives Murray a defense and contradicts the coroner's findings.

So, so heartbreaking...:(

Kenny is not going to take the stand and confirm anything Mrs Jackson is saying in her lawsuit

They are not saying he was in ill health, they are saying MJ started to suffer at the hands of Murray. He was not the "responsible" doctor he is claiming to be. Let's see what Murray said at that meeting.

I dont like Kenny either....let try this......Kenny knew that Murray said crap to Michael at that meeting..so much that he is gonna testify about it...Kenny didn't care BEFORE Michael died how Murray spoke to Michael as long a his butt was on that stage,,NOW that the ish has hit the fan,,,NOW Kenny cares???....Yeah right....he is just trying to separate himself from this whole situation..IMO.

They are not saying he was in ill health, they are saying MJ started to suffer at the hands of Murray. He was not the "responsible" doctor he is claiming to be. Let's see what Murray said at that meeting.

Murray being a responsible doctor went out the door when he said he gave Michael propofol. Being cold the way they are saying is a sign of withdrawal. Saying Michael was losing weight or complaining about not sleeping would be better then saying he was cold and shaking.

Can everyone please not double post . Please edit your last post.

Also, I think TMZ is to be taken with a grain of salt as always. But (a big but) if they are correct, I am happy Kenny is speaking out even though it does put him in a bad light of sorts.

As this process commences, I implore members to wait until the trial actually begins and we get a transcript of the testimony before condemning anyone!

We have been here before - bashing people based solely on what was reported in the media, only to have to backtrack when the truth is revealed.

Slow your roll people!

As this process commences, I implore members to wait until the trial actually begins and we get a transcript of the testimony before condemning anyone!

We have been here before - bashing people based solely on what was reported in the media, only to have to backtrack when the truth is revealed.

Slow your roll people!

bless you !

again and again too much the prosecution damaging talking on mj boards I am so sick and tired of it.

Back