Preliminary Hearing 5/1/11 Day two. Discussion thread

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date

elusive moonwalker

Guests
court is reportedly due to start at 09.30 L.A time witnesses to testify are unknown at this point except for alberto alverez the bodyguard who called 911. all discussion in here. thanks everyone.

Bodyguard expected to testify against Jackson doc

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer Anthony Mccartney, Ap Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES – A bodyguard who prosecutors say was ordered by the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death to conceal syringes and other items before calling 911 is expected to shed light on the chaotic efforts that failed to revive the King of Pop.

Alberto Alvarez will testify Wednesday at a preliminary hearing against Dr. Conrad Murray about the doctor's attempts to revive the singer on June 25, 2009, his attorney said.

The bodyguard's testimony could provide key corroboration to the prosecutors' argument that Murray's actions demonstrated "an extreme deviation from the standard of care" by administering the powerful anesthetic propofol without the proper equipment, and also concealing it and botching efforts to resuscitate the singer.

An autopsy report found Jackson died from an overdose of propofol.

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said Tuesday that Murray forced Alvarez, 34, to gather and conceal items before calling 911 to try to help Jackson. Walgren told a judge that he would present evidence that Murray waited much as 21 minutes before calling for paramedics.

At the end of the preliminary hearing, which was expected to go into next week, a judge will rule whether there is enough evidence for Murray to stand trial on an involuntary manslaughter charge in the pop star's death. He faces up to four years in prison if convicted.

The Houston cardiologist has pleaded not guilty, and his attorneys have contended he did not give Jackson anything that "should have" killed the singer.

On Tuesday, Jackson friend and choreographer Kenny Ortega described how the singer appeared sick during one rehearsal days before his death and left early. The rehearsals were for a series of planned comeback concerts in London.

Ortega said after that incident, Murray "was upset that I had sent Michael home the night before and didn't allow him to rehearse."

The hearing, attended by international media and fans, provided another glimpse into the private life of Jackson, a one-time superstar who grew reclusive after his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005.

He was described fondly by former workers, even though the singer wouldn't allow staff into his bedroom or even the second floor of his rented mansion.

It was in that room that Walgren said Murray was providing Jackson propofol roughly six times a week since being hired as the singer's personal physician in May 2009. It was also in that room where Jackson died, the prosecutor said, long before help was summoned.

Another bodyguard, Faheem Muhammad, testified that he saw Jackson lying on his bed, his eyes and mouth wide open, when he arrived. He described Murray as panicked, and that the doctor asked whether anyone knew CPR.

The hearing was expected to include testimony from police, coroner's officials and forensic experts who will describe the mix of sedatives found in Jackson's system.

Preliminary hearings have a lower burden of proof than trials, and defense attorneys rarely present a case. Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, did not make an opening statement.

The 57-year-old cardiologist passed notes to his attorney, but did not speak during Tuesday's proceedings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110105/...jackson_doctor

Please remember that these discussion threads are for the court proceedings for the day. Stay on topic. Remain respectful.

We are all here for justice for Michael.

Also let me explicitly state that this thread and this section is not for conspiracy talk. All discussion related to conspiracy should be carried out in the conspiracy forum.

And a reminder drug addict talk is not allowed on MJJC.

Failure to follow above mentioned rules (including the ones TheChosenOne mentioned and general MJJC rules) can result in infractions and temporary/permanent bans.

If you see a member breaking these rules please do not engage them with a response, simply report their posts. Our Moderating Team will actively take necessary actions against such posts and users.

Can someone tell me at what time it will start for France ? it's 4:20 pm now here
thanks !

Last edited:
so what happen nexts?

Hi, rockstar. What happens next is that this is another full court-day, and there will be additional testimony. Ivy has been doing a WONDERFUL job keeping us updated, and I'm hoping she can continue?

The difference between these testimonies and months of "reporting" by TMZ, and others, is that these statements are under OATH, i.e. people pledge to tell the truth (doesn't meant they can't lie, but if they do and it's discovered, there are legal penalties.)

Im hearing Kai Chase till testify today as well.. although I havnt seen any confirmation.

Please remember that these discussion threads are for the court proceedings for the day. Stay on topic. Remain respectful.
We are all here for justice for Michael.

I just wanted to say that we have gotten a lot of information over the last year and a half. Some of us have already come to conclusions about what we think really happened. But I just want to remind you that the discussion is for the proceedings today as posted above. If you then want to go into others threads to discuss how this information marries up to theories you had before, that is fine. But please don't do it here. There is a lot of information that will be spoken about in the prelim and we really need to keep this thread with as much factual information as possible.

Also let me explicitly state that this thread and this section is not for conspiracy talk. All discussion related to conspiracy should be carried out in the conspiracy forum.

And a reminder drug addict talk is not allowed on MJJC.

Failure to follow above mentioned rules (including the ones TheChosenOne mentioned and general MJJC rules) can result in infractions and temporary/permanent bans.

If you see a member breaking these rules please do not engage them with a response, simply report their posts. Our Moderating Team will actively take necessary actions against such posts and users.

We are trying to warn you in advance. If you see your posts are disappearing, please do not be surprised. We really cannot have happen what happened yesterday.

If you have personal questions with members, please take it to PMs. Please don't clutter the thread with off topic discussion.

Again, there are other threads in the case forum and in the conspiracy forum where you can more implicitly speak about any theories about what happened. Please utilize them.

Thanks so much to everyone for keeping us updated and contributing.
Thank you very much! :flowers:

We will get through this! :huggy:

is there any stream or site with updates? I know it's gonna start in 20 minutes, but comparing to yesterday, it's quiet.
Thank you all for your updates, guys :flowers:

tmz is not streaming today (at least, I can't find anything on their site now)... are the fans doing the ustream? anybody has a link?

^^ the one from yesterday, made by fans doesn't work for me, ustream is offline.
No stream on tmz, no updates as well

"Janet, Katherine and Joe Jackson in court. So too Dr in front row with lawyers. Bodyguard Alvarez 1st up."- Sky News
Edit: Randy is also there.

x17online reports that Latoya and Conrad Murray arrived to the courthouse.

i read that quick and thought it said they arrived together!

CNN's In session reports that Janet, Latoya, Randy, Rebbie, Katherine and Joe Jackson are all present.

I listened to Ustream yesterday (the one by the fans). They won't be able to do it everyday due to their dayjobs. They will do it as often as they can get time off from work, but unfortunately not today.

Back