Lawmakers vote to ban picketing at Tucson funerals

MJForever31

Proud Member
Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
January 11, 2011 (PHOENIX) -- The Arizona Legislature has approved emergency legislation to head off picketing by a Topeka, Kan., church at the funeral service for a 9-year-old girl who was killed during Saturday's shooting in Tucson.

Unanimous votes by the House and Senate on Tuesday send the bill to Gov. Jan Brewer for her expected signature.

The bill prohibiting protests at or near funeral sites would take effect immediately.

The Westboro Baptist Church said Monday it plans to picket Thursday's funeral for Christina Taylor Green. She is one of six people who were killed in the shooting that injured U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 13 others.

The fundamentalist church has picketed military funerals to draw attention to its view that the deaths are God's punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.

This "Christian" church group (and I use that term very lightly) should all be ashamed of themselves. However, they're not because they are too far gone in to darkness. They are so filled with hate and lies that they can no longer see the light. God isn't about hate and damnation, man is. If anyone should be damned to hell, it is them, and at the rate they're going... they'll have a reservation in each of their names. How anyone could be so evil as to picket a 9 year old girls funeral and thank the person who murdered her is beyond me. So much evil and corruption! I can't wait until their God judges them.

I am a Christian myself and let me say..I am appalled at the actions of these people...protesting at the funeral of a 9 year old child..that is disgusting..they will be judged someday by their maker. I feel so bad for the families that have to say their final goodbye's to their loved ones under these conditions.

I heard these people (if u can even call them that) protested at Michael's funeral. If that is true, I feel bad for everyone there, but especially for those three little angels, cause that's the last thing they needed while they were saying goodbye to their Daddy.

lololololol the Westboro Baptist Church! Aw, lowdy! Those people are nuts!!! I watched a docufilm about them, it was just sad. Those people are horrendously misguided. :no:

They won't let them protest at anyone's funeral, though. They're pretty much prohibited from being on premises at military funerals, but they still try to voice their opinions on the outside of them. It's all so ridiculous.

I heard these people (if u can even call them that) protested at Michael's funeral. If that is true, I feel bad for everyone there, but especially for those three little angels, cause that's the last thing they needed while they were saying goodbye to their Daddy.

Ah. They were also protesting Elizabeth Edwards' funeral. They protest everyone's funerals, from what I've gathered. They're just psychos, really. It's kind of sad.

Back