Do you believe Michael had reached his full potential????

Do you believe Michael had reached his full potential????

• Total voters

Krshna28

Proud Member
I searched the forum and couldn't find a similar poll.............

Anyway.........

The title says it all...........

Feel free to add any comments..............

He's certainly apt in showing others what their potential could be. By giving 250% of himself. He is the greatest example of what 'potential' even means.

Aside from that I feel far, far, far from qualified to be judging him.

Was there art to be still realized? Sure. Musically? Maybe. As writer? Definitely. As a grandpa? Very much so.

And that's where I end the list because I don't feel qualified to limit him to MY imagination.

I know I'll cherish him beyond the pale for all eternities. And he's good with surprises.

That's not an easy question to answer, but I would say no for the reason that he wanted to go on to making films, and he was robbed of that chance. He had been wanting to make films since the 80s. I think he had reached the stars and back already in his life, but of course he was always trying to go beyond. I don't think he could have ever maxed out on his potential, but he certainly did more in one lifetime than most people would do if given many lifetimes.

I would say no. New ideas and passion are something that keeps the artist moving forward. Michael was still full of ideas and plans for the future, like making movies, for example, and he was so excited when he spoke about it. He must have been feeling that he could make his dreams come true :( Anyway, it truly is mind-boggling to think how much one man can accomplish in one short life. His achievements (entertainment and non-entertainment) are truly staggering!

of course he did he did what he wanted to do :yes:...apart from getting the time to direct films :(

I don't think so. He was much hindered and distracted by the attacks (mainly the allegations) since 1993. I often imagine what it could have been without the allegations. I think he would have had a lot more to offer (including movies, not just music).

I don't think so. He was much hindered and distracted by the attacks (mainly the allegations) since 1993. I often imagine what it could have been without the allegations. I think he would have had a lot more to offer (including movies, not just music).

I agree with you...I think about this all the time, too...I think things would have been very different; not that he didn't reach potential during this time, but I think he had SO much more to show us....His potential was really limitless...

Agreed...It's amazing just to fathom if those distractions weren't there... :sigh:

His potential was really limitless...

Truth ^_^

Yes............the attacks also made is health really bad during certain parts of the 90's and 00's................

The Pepsi incident in the 80's didn't help either!!!!!!!

I often think about that too. Totally agree with you.

I am not sure, it is hard to answer. I think he went places musically that others can only dream of doing, his humanitarian work was way beyond that of many celebrities. BUT was any of this his full potential? I don't know as he just seemed to keep going and going over the years so I'm not sure we'll ever know for certain if he still had more to come but ultimately he did a lot lot lot more than average :)

Couldn't agree more... he had a lot more to show the world

If I say yes I am kidding myself..I think of Michael's own words.."You ain't seen nothing yet".....just hearing those words come from Michael's mouth ..tells me he still had more to do here...he wasn't finished yet. I think Michael had more going on in his head that he wanted to wow us with. With that being said....I want to say thank you Michael for all that you DID give to us and to the world.

I totally agree with you. That's originally my thought.:agree:

agreed:yes:. I'm always wondering what if there was no attacks and lies in Michael's life... when I watched the clips of evens right before the 93 allegation, eg: the super bowl, the gala performance, heal the world foundation, the grammy... the man was worshiped by the whole world. He had so so much to give:(

As a song and dance man, yes. He had honed those skills since he was five. But as a film maker, he had NOT even really started yet. Or as a painter. He was about to enroll in art classes. There was so much more left that he could do. That's why it hurts so much he didn't get the chance.

I don't think Michael can reach his peak like he did in the late of 80s. Everybody can't escape from the limitation of age!

I think there was a whole new era of potential on it's way. I liked the adulthood thoughtfulness throughout "Whatever happens" and I would've liked to hear more of that, with Michael going through the phase of raising children, the issues and dilemas one have in that. I would have liked to hear more Michael views of the world. I think a lot of thoughtfulness got lost with him having to deal with abnormal problems, instead of normal ones. I think there was so much more in his world, that he never had the time to share with us. songs and feelings that were so hard to "get" that the songs never made more than a jot on a pad or a humm on a recording. had the last trial never happened, I think a whole new Michael would have made the cut... a whole new era

NO way .. unhindered he would have been pumping out so much amazing stuff. It annoys the hell out of me what happened to him. People suck

Best post in the thread.

The allegations did a lot to keep him away from his goals in his art, in the other hand they inspired him to write amazing songs too. But of course, what they did to him with those allegations it's so unfair, so unjust that until this day makes me sick to think about it.

In my point of view, no, because, "there is more to come from Michael Jackson", he said...I think that we'll never know. I mean, I didn't expect This is It Tour was as we all seen in the dvd (and it was only soundcheck and so on...) that's because Michael was full of ideas and inspiration! ^^
I think that there is because we love Michael. Because he was "unpredictable" ^^

I also don't think he reached his full potential. Aside from the movies he wanted to do, we also know that TII was very important for him and he really wanted to do it more than anything else in 2009.

As a singer and a dancer, I don't see how better he could have done. So I voted Yes.
Michael sang and released songs for the biggest part of his life, from a very young age. In the last years his voice wasn't as good as it used to be (although still great), and it wasn't going to improve. So his potential as a singer was very well used in my opinion.

Now if he had had less trouble in the last part of his life, maybe he would have managed to put on even more great songs / albums.

As a dancer, yes, as a singer yes. But as a creator, no. The former two are just mere skills that you simply 'have' you can hone train and dedicate your life to these skills but there will always be a cap on them and as to how good they can be, he has nothing to worry about though, he's still one of the best ever at both of them. But as a creator, well creation is a harder thing to define, it's not so much a skill but a talent. I truly believe the words he would use when he said things like "the best is yet to come" my head wants to think he was just being optimistic surely he could not achieve greater heights, but something in my gut tells me he knew exactly what he was saying when he said these things, he knew himself and his ability's better than anyone, but most importantly of all he had faith in these ability's and a true creator can love and believe in these things to a level to rival anything in existence. Passion is the most important thing, as well as talent, but we already know he had immense talent, so it almost becomes an already dealt with irrelevance in getting to the true core of the matter. But that passion translated into self belief and a deep love for the things he believed he was placed on this earth to do, and that can produce overwhelming results, without it, the talent is meaningless, there is a reason he made such comments about his future output, he knew what he could do. Look to the great classical composers, many of their greatest works came when they reached an old age, or near their deaths, they were rarely at the start of their careers. Corny as it sounds it really does all come from Love, and i guess at the later time of his life he probably didn't feel loved by many except his biggest fans, his children, and perhaps a few friends. Every creation is a gift, and i guess it's harder to fuel that gift without feeling external love, so the creation becomes more introverted, potentially darker in color and character but still equally as mesmerizing, but merely different. I believe with this is it under his belt, he could have got that self belief back from external love to peak levels again, don't get me wrong, i truly believe he always believed his own abilities and loved everyone, but i do believe he probably felt great sadness at it not always being reciprocated. It's all basically my way of saying, i believe he was in a transition period, the best wasn't necessarily to come in terms of basic literal skills, but in terms of the wider cosmos of creation, i think he'd only just started, the journey was only just beginning, the flower was just coming into bloom. Still his career work and output is a testament to the man that was and still is in spirit. I miss him very much, and would have given anything to have a long chat with him about what being creative means to him as an individual and it's role in the wider world, instead i'm stuck in a band that only cares about sex drugs and rock and roll, god help me. All of us here have immense respect for Michael, weather we sometimes forget to show it or not, it's a special place to be in dark times.

I searched the forum and couldn't find a similar poll.............

Anyway.........

The title says it all...........

Feel free to add any comments..............
let me hit you with some commentary that will bother you if you don't take it in the right context. he hit his fullest potential, because there are people who won't admit that they think he is perfect, and that is the basis for their hate. even in his public moments of suffering, God seemed to make there be a visible outcome that looked perfect. even with his skin condition, to me, i thought i was witnessing magic in the transformations. he's the reason people came up with the word 'reinvent', but they didn't want to acknowledge him. He's the reason why people make millions off of trying to make changes to other people's look, though they and the advertisers are so ill informed, and misguided. There is so much envy out there, because of the everlasting effect of the way Michael touched lives on so many levels. He stayed out of the way of the music, so his music is the only music that speaks truth and can't be limited by time, and speaks with so much power and authority. EVen haters are obsessed and can't let go, and they express that in their hate. I admit within myself, i know he is human, but i saw an environment that looked so perfectly managed and controlled. He always seemed to land on his feet in so many facets. You have reached your full potential when you are the subject of some peoples' never ending dreams, and enemies' never ending nightmares, based on envy. That is Michael Jackson.

I feel like Dangerous was his peak. A perfect album. Bad was also really really good. I love some songs on HiStory but others are simply unnecessary like the Beatles cover, Smile (again a cover) or a revenge song like D.S.
Childhood was another song were he responded to the media and tried to explain himself. And I really dislike this song.
I think covers and reacting to the media and allegations stopped him from making the best music possible.
Always wondered what would have come after dangerous without the allegations or the whole media haunting him.
And I always thought it was a mistake to make history a double album.

I feel like Dangerous was his peak. A perfect album. Bad was also really really good. I love some songs on HiStory but others are simply unnecessary like the Beatles cover, Smile (again a cover) or a revenge song like D.S.
Childhood was another song were he responded to the media and tried to explain himself. And I really dislike this song.
I think covers and reacting to the media and allegations stopped him from making the best music possible.
Always wondered what would have come after dangerous without the allegations or the whole media haunting him.
And I always thought it was a mistake to make history a double album.

I agree on the cover songs but history was so good. It was aggressive. People didn't get that until that point. I agree that it shouldn't have been a double album but the album itself was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back