Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

qbee

Proud Member
Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

This is one book Ill be looking forward to. There are so many rumours and negative stories
written about Michael from those who never knew him. Hearing from Michael's good friend
Frank Casio will be a breath of fresh air. We need to balance the misinformation and lies
being spread about Michael. Frank has been a trusted friend and associate of Michael for
many many years.

Exclusive: Frank Cascio, Michael Jackson’s closest friend and longtime associate, has
signed a book deal with HarperCollins’s William Morrow division.

Cascio, who sometimes has been known as Frank Tyson, is the eldest son of the Cascio
family of New Jersey, Jackson’s surrogate family.

It was Cascio to whom Michael turned in 2003 when he needed someone to oversee the
Arvizo family.It was Cascio’s record keeping that helped exonerate Jackson on the counts
of conspiracy in 2005. Frank Cascio’s brother, Eddie, is the author and producer of several
tracks on Michael’s new album, called “Michael.”But it was Frank who originally worked on
that music with another singer.

Now Frank Cascio will explain his and his family’s long relationship with Michael and with his kids.
Frank is also setting up a charitable venture into which he will contribute proceeds from the book.
I hear that the charity will build schools and help children in Haiti. Details are forthcoming. And
many big name celebs are said to be signing on. (I can’t say the names, but they’re the real deal.)

If anyone in the Jackson saga was to write a memoir — besides manager Frank DiLeo–it would have
to be Frank Cascio. His 25 year relationship with the pop star was a constant, whether Jackson was
experiencing highs or lows.

Source
http://im4mj.blogspot.com/2011/01/frank-cascio-to-write-memoir-of-his.html
http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/01/25/exclusive-michael-jackson-closest-friend-signs-book-deal

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

please let's just let go of writing any kind of books about michael.

Hello Gbee: I think there is another thread in the community section regarding this. Would you like to combine the two?

No problem _ I didnt see that. i just thought is was news worthy
The board "can shove it" .. where ever they want ;D

:/....hmmmm? First Oprah now a book!? o_O

I wouldn't mind reading it, mostly for the allegations part! That's to me is the most important part since he was very involved in both cases! The more people can read the truth the better!

look...you shouldn't have to keep qualifying your statement with the word 'friend', if friendship is true. there's just too much shallowness in the world, to trust the overuse of that word. this is about money, as usual.

Unfortunately, I've been expecting this. Can Eddie's book be far behind?

Thank you:yes:

No problem _ I didnt see that. i just thought is was news worthy
The board "can shove it" .. where ever they want ;D
Indeed. This is very news worthy IMO.

Mods: Can you please close the other thread in the community section?

look...you shouldn't have to keep qualifying your statement with the word 'friend', if friendship is true. there's just too much shallowness in the world, to trust the overuse of that word. this is about money, as usual.

"This is just about the money" is also overused in my humble opinion.
Of course money is involved in publishing books but that doesnt mean that its
the only or main reason someone writes one _Proceeds will go a childrens charity
Thanks for Your opinion _ my opinion differs ... :)

"This is just about the money" is also overused in my humble opinion.
Of course money is involved in publishing books but that doesnt mean that its
the only or main reason someone writes one _Proceeds will go a childrens charity
Thanks for Your opinion _ my opinion differs ... :)
I don't want to sound negative, but the comment about the proceeds is not very clear. It could be that only a portion of the sales will go towards the charities. Given that Michael was a very private person, I wonder if he would be happy with the idea of Frank sharing details regarding the nature of his family's friendship with Michael and his children, good or bad?

As much as I'd like to hear some warm stories about Michael being happy while spending time with Cascios, I'd like that Cascios would remain quiet. I'd like them to be loyal to Michael and respect his privacy like they did prior to 2009. Just my opinion.

Hmmmmmm that will be a tough one.

If ANYONE can write a proper MJ book, at least from the Bad era up until his death, the Cascios can. With all the respect they have for MJ, I hope it is a positive tribute.

At least he knows what he's writing about...unlike Latoya or any Jackson except for his kids..

Wait and see approach. Great idea for the Haiti donation.

No matter how good friends they were....now everybody has something to say about Michael. Everybody.
A person who stood 30 ft away from Michael once has so much to say .( I don"t mean the Cascios here..)
They were close once. And they want to tell the truth...that is a good thing.
I wonder, where were all those ppl before ? Publishers were not interested ?

not sure what to think. i guess at least this is someone that was actually around mj. and id like to read what he has to say about the arvizo scum. although harper colins is or was owned by murdoch so u have to be suspicious as its well known that mj book deals go no where unless theres some crap in them

I don't want to sound negative, but the comment about the proceeds is not very clear. It could be that only a portion of the sales will go towards the charities. Given that Michael was a very private person, I wonder if he would be happy with the idea of Frank sharing details regarding the nature of his family's friendship with Michael and his children, good or bad?

Well this is my humble opinion. Michael seemd to like positive stories
and also stated he wish the truth would be printed instead of hateful tabloid
garbage. Being he isnt here. We cant know for certain what his throughts
are. But I would like to see more and more positive writings about Michael
and his interaction with those who loved him. It always warms my heart
to see such stories

We post on MJ board all the time when we find them and most fans
are happy to see them. saying why dont people do more stories like
this about Michael instead of the garbage and lies.

Also there is nothing wrong with giving a percentage of your proceeds
to charity. Its only fair one also be paid for the work put into their books
music, art or whatever they do _ so I cant judge him over that. I dont
expect Frank or anyone to give 100% to charity. Even in church we are
not expected to do that _ we give from the heart. Children will be helped
and we will hear about the Michael we all know and love and that is
what's important. To me anyway _

I really look forward to this book :)

Last edited:

No matter how good friends they were....now everybody has something to say about Michael. Everybody.
A person who stood 30 ft away from Michael once has so much to say .( I don"t mean the Cascios here..)
They were close once. And they want to tell the truth...that is a good thing.
I wonder, where were all those ppl before ? Publishers were not interested ?

That may well be the case. Remember Aphrodite Jones' situation? The publishers refused to publish her book because it was pro-Michael. In the end, she had to publish it herself, and it went well only because she's already an experienced and well-known journalist.

Perhaps Frank Cascio's intentions are equally altruistic, but he was not able to write anything before due to publishers' lack of interest.

Or, perhaps we are being overly optimistic/naiive here, and he's just in it for the money, just like the people who once stood 30 ft. away from Michael and want to write a book all about it.

Either way, I doubt it's a book I'll be reading, simply because I'm not into that kind of thing.

'Close friend'..........

Just like Uri Gellar is a 'close friend' of Michael's. It's all becoming apparent to me now unfortunately....

to be fair u can hardly say that about frank and his family.

I am a bit cautious, because there have been too many book announcements lately. But I believe the Cascios were true friends to Michael and I hope this is going to be a positive book.

'Close friend'..........

Just like Uri Gellar is a 'close friend' of Michael's. It's all becoming apparent to me now unfortunately....

Agreed. 'Friendship' isn't a token that you trade in when your 'friend' dies. What is wrong with these people???

I posted this in the tabloid section cause I wasn't sure Friedman stories were allowed here.

I don't doubt the Cascios were close to Michael once,but I don't support this book.I'm tired of everyone and their dog wanting to write a book now.Why now? Well,the reason is obvious.The charity part is lovely and all,but imho there must be more honourable ways than writing a book about another person -about your dead friend and things neither of you made public when he was alive.Sorry if I sound too harsh.

Anyway,we have a title :‘My Friend Michael: Growing Up With the King of Pop’ and the first piece of gossip is already making the rounds.,apparently involving a misunderstanding between Michael and Liz over a diamond necklace he borrowed for her to wear in the 30th aniv concerts...or something.

Selene;3211154 said:
Anyway,we have a title :‘My Friend Michael: Growing Up With the King of Pop’ and the first piece of gossip is already making the rounds.,apparently involving a misunderstanding between Michael and Liz over a diamond necklace he borrowed for her to wear in the 30th aniv concerts...or something.

If it contains any crap like this you can see where their intentions will be! UNREAL!

^
Fully agree.

to be fair u can hardly say that about frank and his family.

Why cant I?

On Oprah they made it out as if the family dont like talking in public about Michael, because what they had with Michael was special etc etc.

Now one of them is releasing a book revealing private stuff about Michael? How contradictory is that?

One of the reasons this Cascio track mess was so confusing is because it did appear like the family were close to Michael, when they mentioned on Oprah that they didnt like talking about Michael in public it just made it all the more confusing. But now one of them is releasing a book about MJ.....come on.

Harper Collins is a BIG deal (and owned by News Corp btw)... isnt it funny and incredibly sad how no publisher wanted to touch any positive book before MJ passed, sigh.

Im not so positive about this book deal. Even if it the book will defend MJ and be all positive which I expect, it doesnt take away the fact that the Cascios was reluctant to go on Oprah because they felt they were betraying MJ... and a book deal about him wouldnt? Im not feelin it guys.

I think they decided to write this book to clear their name after all the allegations about their loyality to MJ and his legacy ,,,By the way , i also read somewhere that Teddy is going to relaeas an autobiographical book where he also will write about his longtime friendship with MJ in the studio !

I think they decided to write this book to clear their name after all the allegations about their loyality to MJ and his legacy ,,,By the way , i also read somewhere that Teddy is going to relaeas an autobiographical book where he also will write about his longtime friendship with MJ in the studio !

Thats fine with Teddy, because he has actually done things worth writing about and working with MJ was a big part of his life.

The Cascio's? Nobody even knows who they are apart from us die hard fans, and we have all seen what they have to say on Oprah.

These days bringing out a book just screams...'I'm looking for a pay cheque', especially after being on Oprah basically saying they dont like talking about their friendship with Michael in public.

Another friend and another book...

I wonder WHO and WHEN should write the fair and true biography of Michael?

What do you think?

Back