Any WWE fans?

MJ_Jordan

Proud Member
Just wondering if there's any WWE fans here?
I have recently got back into it after fading out for a couple of years.
Who's everyone's favourite superstars? Thoughts on whats happening?

I'm 100% Pro WWE fan. I don't have WWE on TV anymore, well it didn't matter since I'v been collecting DVDs. Most of my favourite WWE superstars are gone, I think I only like currently are John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker and Rey Mysterio.

I'm a big wrestling fan. Watching Raw right now as a matter of fact.

My all-time favorites are Austin, Jericho, CM Punk and Kurt Angle.

i watched it for years but then i went to college for a year but now i cant get back in to it:no:

I've been a fan of wrestling since the early 2000s. Would occasionally watch it off and on in the 90s..but the 2000s is when I got into it big time. I loved WCW when it was on tv.

The hot rumor right now is that a vignette played on Raw, and alot of people think Sting might be coming into the WWE for Wrestlemania.

Personally I doubt it as he's said many times he'd never work for Vince McMahon...but at this point in his career, what more besides a small run in WWE does Sting have left? I hope if he does come into the WWE, that Vince and co don't screw it up

My first instinct was that it was Sting. I remember when I first saw the SAVE_US.222 promo and my first instinct was that it was Jericho, and I was obviously correct. Hope I'm right this time!

All time favourite - Stone Cold
Current Fave - Orton

I would love for Sting to return. Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania would be brilliant!!

I used to be into it back in the day, I eventually stopped watching WWE after 2009 I belive when it got really boring. My faves were Chris Jericho with his original Y2J funny character, Eddie Guerrerro, Kane with his masked character and The Rock.

now that I've thought about it, I would mark out if Sting does show up. I just hope if he agreed to come to the WWE, he gets total creative rights over what happens to his character. I don't want to see Vince McMahon screw his character up like he did to the nWo, ECW, Booker T, Goldberg and anything else non-WWE from the past.

Sting/Taker at Wrestlemania would be awesome, followed by a final world title run. I think it would be fitting to see Sting become the World Heavyweight Champion one final time before retirement. (I picked that one over the WWE title as it was the original WCW title, and of course that's where Sting is originally from) :)

Another rumor I'm hearing is The Corre Vs Diesel (Kevin Nash), Big Show & maybe Sting. Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks and month

Use to watch WWF/WWE religiously from mid 90s to early 00s. When Austin and Rock retired it just got worse and worse and just completely sucks now. The new generation of superstars are just awful (Batista, Cena, etc.). Taker's getting on now too and the gimmick has just run dry.

Use to watch WWF/WWE religiously from mid 90s to early 00s. When Austin and Rock retired it just got worse and worse and just completely sucks now. The new generation of superstars are just awful (Batista, Cena, etc.). Taker's getting on now too and the gimmick has just run dry.

I really don't like when people generalize like that. "Oh, it sucks now, Austin and Rock are gone, blah blah blah..."

Batista is gone now, by the way. And there's actually been some interesting booking going on as of late.

I'm not generalising. I watch it and I get bored. That didn't happen before. Austin & Rock are just examples (two of the better known ones anyway). Bret, Goldberg, Flair, Razor, Sid, Hennig, Foley...there's not even a handful of people worth watching anymore.

I'm not generalising. I watch it and I get bored. That didn't happen before. Austin & Rock are just examples (two of the better known ones anyway). Bret, Goldberg, Flair, Razor, Sid, Hennig, Foley...there's not even a handful of people worth watching anymore.

I agree 100%

I stopped watching wrestling around the time Eddie Guerrero died.........but things really got worse when Chris Benoit died............in a short space of time, two great wrestlers has passed away and WWE went all family friendly!!!!

John Cena is just plain boring.............
Batista is just..........
and The Miz????.....Jack Swagger????.....Dolph Ziggler?????.......Alberto Del Rio????.......wft?????????

The Undertaker has always been a favourite of mine..........but he needs to retire!!!!!..........

Another favourite of mine was Chris Jericho.......but he's only half the wrestler he used to be!!!

Edge is a good wrestler but you cannot compare him to The Rock or Steve Austin (even though he has won more titles)!!!!!

Randy Orton is the best wrestler today but he can't do much on his own (especially with the current writers they got)!!!

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler (who is a future star by the way), Kofi Kingston, John Morrison. All solid extremely workers, some more entertaining than others, but there's definitely not a lack of talent on the current roster.

And again, Batista has been gone for a long time. Edge has been stale for years. Orton is the most boring guy in the company, I don't get what people see in him.

Believe me, I've been actively watching since 1997 and I think the product right now is better than it has been since 2005/2006.

It's only fair to give newer guys time to develop. Austin didn't walk into the company as Stone Cold. Dwayne didn't walk into the company as The Rock.

By the way, making the product family friendly is not the huge detriment that everybody seems to think it is. You can produce exciting product without resorting to tacky/inappropriate crap such as the DX reunion.

Last edited:
the style of the television program has changed and is much more pg, but some of those wrestlers you mentioned, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio are up and coming stars. The WWE is lacking star power just now but that can only change by making new stars, which means lots of new faces can't be a bad thing for business down the line. If they keep trying to make stars im sure a few will catch on and move onto bigger and better things.

The kids love the show and the characters are easy for them to relate to and hate, things get a little gimmicky but thats wrestling for you.

John Cena is just a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I can see he has great athleticism and has slammed some heavy heavy people.

But as an entertainer he sucks. There's just no real charisma. When he first started wrestling and started that god-awful rapping, I thought it was just a corny steaming pile of crap fit for 1993. I don't care if you pump up your little shoes, or have a turny turny title belt, you make me want to squirt vinegar in my eyes and will myself to spontaneously combust.

That is all.

John Cena is just a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I can see he has great athleticism and has slammed some heavy heavy people.

But as an entertainer he sucks. There's just no real charisma. When he first started wrestling and started that god-awful rapping, I thought it was just a corny steaming pile of crap fit for 1993. I don't care if you pump up your little shoes, or have a turny turny title belt, you make me want to squirt vinegar in my eyes and will myself to spontaneously combust.

That is all.

He obviously has a great deal of charisma if audiences worldwide love him so much. His character is for the kids. I don't see how that's any different than Hogan.

I'm not even a Cena fan and I'm sick of the constant bitching about him. He's WAY better than Orton.

^^Nope, The Rock will be next year as Wrestlemania will be in Miami. I'm thinking Ted Turner or someone who was involved with WCW since it's in Atlanta, and since they're in their WCW nostalgia right now.

^^Nope, The Rock will be next year as Wrestlemania will be in Miami. I'm thinking Ted Turner or someone who was involved with WCW since it's in Atlanta, and since they're in their WCW nostalgia right now.

This WCW nostalgia could mean that promo WAS about Sting

The Rock is going to host WrestleMania 27, it's being strongly rumoured and they will announce it tomorrow night. Whether he will be there tomorrow night, or be there by sattelite i'm not sure. Proably via sattelite.

Its even more obvious considering the fact The Rock stated last summer that he was planning something special with Vince McMahon, and he said on Facebook a week or two ago that he would be back sooner than we thought.

It's going to be The Rock, and it's going to be absolutely...awesome.

Back