Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date

elusive moonwalker

Guests
items to be discussed include cameras in the courtroom and questions used for jury selection. murray wont be there. not sure of the start time. if anyone wants to add it feel free

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch, Ap Special Correspondent – 1 hr 58 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – Lawyers for Michael Jackson's doctor are due in court to discuss pretrial matters but Dr. Conrad Murray has waived his right to be present.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor has scheduled the hearing Monday afternoon to discuss such issues as whether the case will be televised and whether jurors will have to fill out a questionnaire before they face an inquiry in open court.

Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter, has been continuing to practice medicine at his clinics in Houston and Las Vegas. His lawyers said he would probably be busy tending to patients and would not attend the hearing.

Murray is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol and other sedatives. His trial is scheduled for March 28.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110207/...jackson_doctor

Re: court hearing 7th february discussion thread

I hope it is televised so we can all watch it without rumours:yes:

that will only happen if a channel shows it non stop. otherwise it will make no difference as all we will get is clips that the media want us to see. same as with their reporting

I think most media can also maintain a live stream over the internet.

Its easy to do for channels to have it all day. In the UK Sky News and BBC have interactive functions where you can select a certain screen to watch or stream online of course.

I hope they opt to have camera's in the courtroom...it will however be so difficult to stare at Murray's mug all day.

Its easy to do for channels to have it all day. In the UK Sky News and BBC have interactive functions where you can select a certain screen to watch or stream online of course.

true.the question is if they will.

So has anyone heard any updates today?

well I know it is suppose to take place in the afternoon...it is just now 12pm there...so maybe a little while longer.

found this info about Judge Pastor if anyone is interested.....

This is the judge set to decide the fate of Michael Jackson's former doctor, Conrad Murray. Judge Michael Pastor, who has been described as "one of the toughest, smartest" arbiters of justice in the US, was appointed as the judge in Murray's involuntary manslaughter case, which is being held at the Los Angeles Superior Court. He has previously overseen celebrity cases involving topless pictures of Cameron Diaz and Jason Priestley's DUI case. In the afternoon hearing, a motion by the California State Attorneys' on behalf of the State Medical Board was put on hold until June 14th.

Judge Michael Pastor, who has been described as "one of the toughest, smartest" arbiters of justice in the US, was appointed as the judge in Murray's involuntary manslaughter case, which began on Monday at the Los Angeles Superior Court.

He has overseen cases involving topless pictures of Cameron Diaz and Jason Priestley's DUI.

In the afternoon hearing, a motion by the California State Attorney General's Office on behalf of the State Medical Board was put on hold until June 14.

Murray made back-to-back appearances in separate courtrooms in front of a large contingent of Jackson family members, including the late singer's mother, Katherine, father, Joe, and siblings Janet, Jermaine and Randy.

First, Supervising Superior Court Judge Peter Espinoza assigned the case on to another judge, just minutes after Murray was presented to the court.

Then, spectators and the media were whisked off to a lower floor, where Murray appeared before Judge Pastor.

Pastor, in the interest of full disclosure, told lawyers for both sides he was appointed to the bench by Attorney General Jerry Brown back in 1983 when Brown was governor of California. Brown reportedly wants Murray's licence suspended.

Pastor also wrote a letter of recommendation for prosecutor David Walgren, who is looking to become a judge. He told the court that he doesn't think either issue will affect his judgement.

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/celebs/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=23841598

erghh when is this hearing starting. i need to go to bed. gotta be up early to go to the airport

Thanks xthunderx2 :)
Yeah.. I'm wondering too.. I haven't heard a peep out of anyone today with info. or updates.

ok I was googleing and I found this...I know it is a crappy sight but..look what it says about the trial date....

MJHOAXLIVE TWIGGY
Inside the courts now

Date has been moved March 24th instead of March 28th Starting on day 58 of the 60 days 3/24 9:30am

"We have not received any defense discovery, not on single documentation" Walgren states.

Various portions of this will be televised The judge Is discussing currently.

http://twitter.com/#!/MJHOAXLIVE

I guess this is still being decided. Will have to wait until Monday to find out.

Justice4mj tweeted it will be televised and streamed.

from twitter

justice_4mj Judge ruled Conrad Murray case will be televised and
streamed.
3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

justice_4mj Evidentiary hearing Tuesday, February 15 @ 1:30pm
less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

justice_4mj Jury selection Thursday, March 24 @ 9:30am

from twitter

streamed.

Thank you for posting this update!

That removes any doubt about a jury trial.

WOW! I will def be watching it online! I don't want to hear any silly reporting by watching it on TV!

Great news, Im glad it will be televised.

from twitter

streamed.

thank you for the update...I wonder what channel if it will be televised....maybe court TV.

so the prosecutor said that the defense hasn't handed over any discovery yet and the trial is next month? I guess the reason for that is because they don't have any. There is nothing for them to defend because Murray is guilty as sin. He bought, injected and killed MJ. There is no defense for him

ok I was googleing and I found this...I know it is a crappy sight but..look what it says about the trial date....

MJHOAXLIVE TWIGGY
Inside the courts now

Date has been moved March 24th instead of March 28th Starting on day 58 of the 60 days 3/24 9:30am

"We have not received any defense discovery, not on single documentation" Walgren states.

Various portions of this will be televised The judge Is discussing currently.

http://twitter.com/#!/MJHOAXLIVE

:scratch:

March 24 or 28?

from twitter

streamed.

And here we go.... :fear: *big sigh*

Judge rules trial of Michael Jackson's doctor can be televised

The trial of Dr. Conrad Murray will start March 24
Opening statements are expected the first week of April

Jury selection in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, accused in the death of pop star Michael Jackson, will begin March 24, a judge ordered Monday.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also approved television cameras in court for the trial.

Pastor had set the trial to start March 28 when Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial during his arraignment last month. But the judge later decided it was cutting too close to the 60-day limit.

"Absolutely, we simply can't start on the last day," Pastor said.

The opening statements are likely to be delivered during the first week of April. The trial is expected to last about six weeks, according to the defense and prosecution.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/02/07/california.conrad.murray/

Jury selection is scheduled to begin March 24, with the trial expected to last six weeks.

The next status hearing in the case is February 15th.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/02/cameras-be-allowed-dr-conrad-murrays-trial

Televised? Oh god Michael the world shouldn't see every last detail of your demise :(

I don't know. I don't think I like this being televised.

Televised? Oh god Michael the world shouldn't see every last detail of your demise :(

:agree::( The world should not see and hear every personal detail.:no:

every little detail will be repeated by the media regardless of the trial being televised or not.

this allows us to see it with our own eyes and hear it with our own ears rather than depending on media.

Thank You all for the updates. I was away from an internet connection for a few hours.
:wub:
souldreamer7

Back