Someone tried to molest my sister today

Hicci

Proud Member
Today, while visiting my mum at work, a 40-year-old man stopped and tried to molest my 15 year old sister. The coward ran away when my sister got near enough other people so he's on the loose. Unfortunately we don't know his name or address but we hope the police will capture him and put him in prison. My sister is traumatised by this and can't stop crying. I swear if I meet him one day I'll have a brick waiting in my hand ready to do some serious damage to his face...

omg!
this is terrible!
glad your sister got away!! :eek:
something similar happened to me about 6 years ago..the man is dead now!
what a world we live in -_-

Indeed... this world is filled with many nutjobs.

Deeply sorry to hear what happened, and I sincerely hope that this guy gets caught!!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I hope they catch the scumbag who did it!

this is crazy, what a world we live in.
Im so sorry for what happend and i hope that they catch him. I dont understand it sometimes, how can a 40 year old man try that on a 15 year old girl. What has happend to us humans, really.. again, im sorry.

this world is a sick place..there have been people like him out there since the beginning of time..always try to stalk and prey on innocent young girls...I am so sorry this happened to your sister....my prayers are with her.

Sorry for your sister Phillip, hope you will help her, and this guy will spent his life in prison!! :angry: I'd kick his ass if I can meet him!

Today, while visiting my mum at work, a 40-year-old man stopped and tried to molest my 15 year old sister. The coward ran away when my sister got near enough other people so he's on the loose. Unfortunately we don't know his name or address but we hope the police will capture him and put him in prison. My sister is traumatised by this and can't stop crying. I swear if I meet him one day I'll have a brick waiting in my hand ready to do some serious damage to his face...

Prayers for your young sister.. How terribly unfortunate. ......

I'm so sorry to hear that, i hope your sister and you will be ok. I really hope this man and all the pieces of sh** of his kind will end up in jail. *hugs, love and kisses from France*

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about that, thats the sad reality of the world innocent people like MJ get accused and put on trial, while the real child molesters get away.
A friend of mines son who was about 5 got molested and the monster that did it to him is still walking free to this day with no conviction at all. But I hope your case is not the same, my prayers and thoughts are with your sister and your whole family :angel:

Oh no so sorry to hear bout that, will be praying for your sister

So sorry hun! Hope your sister is a bit better now! A big hug for her! :hug:

sorry for the late reply but i wasnt very well yesterday:no: but i am sorry to hear about your sister and what a :perrin he is:hug:

I really have a heart for her, ihope that sick jerk gets liked up forever! I'd have his balls cut off if it was my way! I can understand how your sister feels...hugs :hug:

;O OMG...
I'm so sorry for you!, try to find this pedophile hurry!..
I feel so sorry for your sister, she is on my age..
LOVE AND HUGS :( :( :(

You don't really seem to give us many details, and I reckon it's because you don't know them and your sister is not yet able to divulge them. Was this man a co-worker of your mother's, or just some random schmoe? How did he approach her? Did he try to lure her out of the 'safe' area somehow, or did he just drag her, or what exactly happened--we can't really paint a good mental picture with the amount of detail you give us, and neither will the police. I am assuming, since you say you have no idea what his name is, that he was indeed a stranger.

What exactly did he try to do, and where? Indoors, outdoors? Were there many people present? How exactly did your sister get away--if you can get her to go to the police and report this...that would be good, if she remembers what he looked like, what he was wearing, anything peculiar about his face and body, like moles, tattoos, birthmarks, facial hair or scars or other identifying features? What exactly did he try to do? "Molesting" is such a vague description, unfortunately, so I don't know how you should approach this, if you report it--since he didn't succeed, I guess it would be attempted sexual assault. Does your mother know?

As for your sister, do not make her tell you anything until she's composed herself. It will be difficult for her, and you should try to be there for her as much as possible. Convince her into seeking closure--reporting the incident, even if the guy didn't succeed in molesting her, it's still important, since he violated her personal space and tried to molest/rape her. I recommend that you seek at least short-term counseling for her, so that she can sort out what happened, and recover. It seems to be a good option.

Unwanted sexual contact is always traumatizing, no matter how old the victim or the attacker--so therapy is really what you want to look at, even if he didn't succeed in doing what he intended to do, he violated her space and made her feel unsafe--and that's traumatizing in and of itself. Like I said, try to be there for your sister as much as you possibly can, and don't force her to tell you anything she doesn't want to tell you--until she's ready.

;O OMG...
I'm so sorry for you!, try to find this pedophile hurry!..
I feel so sorry for your sister, she is on my age..
LOVE AND HUGS :( :( :(

Well, he's technically not a pedophile, but he is a sexual predator who needs to be put behind bars for attacking people who obviously did not welcome his advances. The thing about this situation that seems to make it difficult to "catch" him is that they have no idea who he is, where he lives, if he's even from the area, where he came from--but somebody must know all of these things. If anything, a decent timeline needs to be built, so that at least we have something to go by--because right now the event is still fresh and everything seems to be a mess of recollections, which is no good in helping to catch the predator, unfortunately. =/

As for OP, just know you have all our support here at MJJC, and I wish there was more we could do than just give you words of comfort. I guess if anyone here is familiar with what to do in these kind of situations, they should help...but most of us are just civilians who have no idea how to go about this. Do think of counseling, though--you definitely want to address the trauma that person caused your sister, and soon.

I agree with Mikage... counseling is a must following such dramatic circumstances, when fear is fueled to a paranoic degree.. And that's just one of the down parts...

*sighs*

You don't really seem to give us many details, and I reckon it's because you don't know them and your sister is not yet able to divulge them. Was this man a co-worker of your mother's, or just some random schmoe? How did he approach her? Did he try to lure her out of the 'safe' area somehow, or did he just drag her, or what exactly happened--we can't really paint a good mental picture with the amount of detail you give us, and neither will the police. I am assuming, since you say you have no idea what his name is, that he was indeed a stranger.

What exactly did he try to do, and where? Indoors, outdoors? Were there many people present? How exactly did your sister get away--if you can get her to go to the police and report this...that would be good, if she remembers what he looked like, what he was wearing, anything peculiar about his face and body, like moles, tattoos, birthmarks, facial hair or scars or other identifying features? What exactly did he try to do? "Molesting" is such a vague description, unfortunately, so I don't know how you should approach this, if you report it--since he didn't succeed, I guess it would be attempted sexual assault. Does your mother know?

As for your sister, do not make her tell you anything until she's composed herself. It will be difficult for her, and you should try to be there for her as much as possible. Convince her into seeking closure--reporting the incident, even if the guy didn't succeed in molesting her, it's still important, since he violated her personal space and tried to molest/rape her. I recommend that you seek at least short-term counseling for her, so that she can sort out what happened, and recover. It seems to be a good option.

Unwanted sexual contact is always traumatizing, no matter how old the victim or the attacker--so therapy is really what you want to look at, even if he didn't succeed in doing what he intended to do, he violated her space and made her feel unsafe--and that's traumatizing in and of itself. Like I said, try to be there for your sister as much as you possibly can, and don't force her to tell you anything she doesn't want to tell you--until she's ready.

He was just a random man that looked like he was in his 40's. It was in a little are next to a pavement surrounded by trees. She was alone there making her way to my mum's work when the man came up behind her. He started by saying how he thought she looked nice and asked for her phone number, which she refused to give, stating that she was fifteen but the man didn't care. He then asked her if he could touch her you-know-where, and when she again refused he tried to do it anyway. My sister didn't say if he actually managed to make contact with her but she ran away fast out of the small area where there were people around. I assume the man then ran off in the opposite direction. Yes, my mother knows and she contacted the police, but I doubt they will be able to find him without a name and address. He's definately a paedophile considering he was in his 40's and my sister is underaged at 15.

He was just a random man that looked like he was in his 40's. It was in a little are next to a pavement surrounded by trees. She was alone there making her way to my mum's work when the man came up behind her. He started by saying how he thought she looked nice and asked for her phone number, which she refused to give, stating that she was fifteen but the man didn't care. He then asked her if he could touch her you-know-where, and when she again refused he tried to do it anyway. My sister didn't say if he actually managed to make contact with her but she ran away fast out of the small area where there were people around. I assume the man then ran off in the opposite direction. Yes, my mother knows and she contacted the police, but I doubt they will be able to find him without a name and address. He's definately a paedophile considering he was in his 40's and my sister is underaged at 15.

Hmmm. He sounds like someone who is mentally ill, judging by the lack of sophistication in his attempts to lure your sister. The sort of questions he asked, especially, such as "can I have your phone number" followed by "can I touch you ....", which is not socially acceptable regardless of the age of the person inquiring or responding, especially in a public setting, such as the one your sister found herself in. The fact that he tried to do it anyway seems to add to the 'mentally ill' hypothesis, followed by his fleeing the area like a coward once your sister ran for it. Like you said, I doubt they'll be able to find him in the immediate future since the time spent was so brief, and he seems to be a random nut job who came out of nowhere. Well, since it appears as though his impulse control is poor and he's not too smart, they may be able to catch him yet if he re-offends. It was good of your mother to contact the police, then they'll contact you if he does re-offend and gets caught in a similar situation to the one your sister was in.

Well, yes, your sister's underage and he's an adult, that makes him a sexual predator, not a pedophile by technical definition because your sister's not pre-pubescent. What he did is still illegal, though, since it was unwanted sexual contact, and it involved a minor, which only makes things worse for him. I wouldn't put it past him to re-offend, like I said--he seems to have poor impulse control and a very poor grasp on socially acceptable behaviour (a.k.a. feigning normality) in a conversation, so it won't be long until he's caught. He's certainly no Humbert Humbert, that's for sure.

I wonder if he has a sub-normal IQ...sometimes, those individuals do things like this. It seems so random and strange, the way he went about things. I think that's pretty much a major clue as to what we can expect his mental state to be.

It's sad that things like this are becoming so frequent these days. Like Mikage Souji says though, I think this person acted in a way that would make one conclude that he is perhaps mentally ill and with a lower than average IQ as the majority or sexual predators are manipulative in their actions and try to build up their victims "trust" in order to touch them and then manipulate them into not telling anyone, therefore the molestation can continue over a long period.

Not many people of this nature would just go out and try to touch someone they just saw out and about in a sexual way which makes me wonder if he's a threat to society in a totally different way, as in not manipulating little children, but just touching whoever he happens to encounter, not a planned attack etc.

I hope you and your sister will be ok and that both of you do not allow this to hold you back in any way. She's bound to be shaken and it sounds like she's lucky to have such a caring brother to support her through this.

:bugeyed :bugeyed :bugeyed

God, the world is truly lost. :( I hope your sister is ok now. :angel:

Oh my God! :eek: I'm sorry that your sister had to experience something horrible like that.
I hope she feels better now!

Back