Quentin Tarantino Loves the Jacksons!

4veryoung

Proud Member
Has anyone heard quentin tarantino's itunes celebrity playlist? He really loves some "the jackson" album

quentin definitely knows his jackson's/michael jackson music because he got very detailed and didn't just pick obvious tracks...which i LOVED! this gave me a whole new respect for him. ya'll should take a listen...

http://castroller.com/podcasts/CelebrityPlaylistPodcast/1189738-Quentin Tarantino

That was so cool! Like a little Jacksons lecture :) Thank you so much for posting. Hopefully he will use some Jacksons stuff for upcoming movies.

yeah I also love the live album! Quentin Tarantino is so adorable. I can hear it in my head while he describes it.

I kind of agree his comment about The girl is mine and state of shock.
I did sometimes skip that song when I listen to thriller album. lol
I love state of shock. ha

Destiny rocks!!! LOL I also really agreed with Quentin regarding almost everything he said. Like how State Of Shock is such a great song!

This was nice and refreshing, thank you. Great mini-recommendations overall. I like the fact that he appreciates sleeper gems like Goin' Places as well, not to mention I totally agree with his opinion on TGIM. :devil:

Now use a Jacksons song for your last film Quentin!
I agree on Victory I like it a lot as well.

I honestly don't understand why both Destiny and Triumph didn't blow up after Thriller, how could they have stayed so under the radar. They are really good albums that got decent reviews at the time and you have Michael singing lead for every song except "wondering who". Not only that but many of those songs are actually written by Michael and could have been on any solo album of his no problem.
As for The Jacksons Live, I agree with him 100% In fact I have it at nr 3 in my fave MJ albums list (behind Dangerous and OTW)

I wonder if he is aware of the Live at the Forum double album, I bet he will love it after hearing his glowing Jacksons recommendations.

I honestly don't understand why both Destiny and Triumph didn't blow up after Thriller, how could they have stayed so under the radar.

Hmm, interesting question. Obviously the old fans were already familiar with The Jacksons albums (including Live 81), but it seems like a big part of the new fan base was only focusing on MJ. :/ Which is a pity, especially as - like Quentin also said so*, so it must be true :D - many of the songs could have been on OTW as well (or the other way around). Actually, I would like to read a study on this topic, why it turned out like this. For me it's hard to understand, as I remember I was very happy if I could get any Jacksons material, be it MJ, J5 or the Jacksons (it was before the digital era, so hunting down albums was much more difficult :D).

*Which is, BTW, completley the same what I think about the Destiny/OTW/Triumph triumvirate too.

Back