Tom Barrack on Plans for Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

CherubimII

Proud Member
Tom Barrack On Bloomberg West

By Scott Rubin
Benzinga Staff Writer
March 10, 2011 10:55 AM

On his plans for Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch:

"Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness. The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it. We have not really wanted to do anything commercial with it. The estate of Michael Jackson--they have done a great job in managing the estate. We are kind of waiting for them to decide what really they would like to do with us and with it. We are just being good stewards of a very special place."

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/news/11/03/917493/tom-barrack-on-bloomberg-west#ixzz1GDepG7ZX

Neverland203.jpg

ranch%2520(18)-600x400.jpg

ranch-600x400.jpg

Last edited:
Tom Barrack On Bloomberg West

By Scott Rubin
Benzinga Staff Writer
March 10, 2011 10:55 AM

On his plans for Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch:

"Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness. The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it. We have not really wanted to do anything commercial with it. The estate of Michael Jackson--they have done a great job in managing the estate. We are kind of waiting for them to decide what really they would like to do with us and with it. We are just being good stewards of a very special place."

Neverland203.jpg

ranch%2520(18)-600x400.jpg

ranch-600x400.jpg

My beautiful, beautiful Neverland, I have always looked up to you as an abode of angels, as a temple of L.O.V.E, as the loveliest, brightest, most precious reflection of the true beauty, greatness, graciousness of our beloved angel of Light...I hope and pray and 'know' in my heart that one day soon you shall be restored to your former glory! Michael's beautiful Neverland, our beautiful Neverland shall once again be the wonderful place Michael always intended it to be...a place radiating Michael's joyful, child-like, pure spirit, his laughter, his innocence...a place sacredly holding his glorious Light and radiating it across the world, reaching out to every child, and to the child in each one of us, uplifting us, blessing us, motivating us to be in oneness with God/the Ultimate Truth/L.O.V.E, inspiring all to recognize, acknowledge, love, honour and appreciate the real Light, Love, Legacy of Michael Jackson-the greatest artist, humanitarian, human being to ever walk this planet!

We love you more and more and more with every breath dearest Michael, we are so proud of you forever and we shall always do you proud! Your legacy is shinning brightly, bedazzling the world, and the whole world is beginning to realize and honour the truth that you continue to be a blessing in every way, that you are forever, and that we are so forever grateful to you for 'you'!

Thankyou for ever and ever for everything...
You are our best of joy forever...

:flowers:

I think this is some good news! Glad to see they're waiting for the right time to do things, and giving the Estate the last say. I do hope that after this whole Murray trial is over, the estate can get to work on this Neverland project that will hopefully involve the fans at the end of it all. I would really love to see Neverland restored one day to some likeness to the way Michael had it, before all the ish went down, when he loved it most. And, of course, go and visit it!

I don't feel anything when I see it now, it does look beautiful but the magic has gone. Perhaps if the estate gets it back as a whole, then the feeling will return.

I hope all that he said is true, and that the intentions are as pure as that statement sounded. If so, I'm happy for now.

i think in a way it would be cool if mj was haunting that place. just to keep out all the a$$holes who want to make it into something he didn't want. Restore it all the way the way he had it. Give it to the kids! Michael would love that.

The spirit that is Neverland is no longer there, the act of restoring it is a good idea but the most important element will always be missing. Hopefully something great comes out of all this and I'm happy to read that The Estate does in fact have the final say in what goes down with Neverland 'cause that Barrack dude rubs me the wrong way.

Really? Many of you think the spirit is gone from the place? I guess, in very realistic terms, yes, it's gone. A lot of damage has happened there, and Michael is no longer with us. But...I dunno, I guess I still feel that if I ever get the chance to go there (in it's restored state of course) I will start to remember the good times! I won't think of the bad because i'm too focused on the good that did happen there. A lot of happy children came through those gates. Many were also changed forever the minute they left. I wanna go there and remember that!

I always wondered why Michael never completely let it go. He didn't want to live there anymore yet he never cut ties to it. That must mean something.

Really? Many of you think the spirit is gone from the place? I guess, in very realistic terms, yes, it's gone. A lot of damage has happened there, and Michael is no longer with us. But...I dunno, I guess I still feel that if I ever get the chance to go there (in it's restored state of course) I will start to remember the good times! I won't think of the bad because i'm too focused on the good that did happen there. A lot of happy children came through those gates. Many were also changed forever the minute they left. I wanna go there and remember that!

^^I am with you on this one. I guess our feelings depend on the persons we are. I remember landing in LA after June, and simply by being in the airport and knowing Michael often stopped there, I became emotional. Even riding from the airport, I was thinking that he rode along this highway, and I felt my heart tighten. I really felt he was a part of all that and his essence is still there, so our feelings about whether Neverland will still be magical will vary.

By the way, every few months, this guy pops up with a story of Neverland, so I will simply wait until the Estate says something.

I agree with you.:agree:
I believe one day Neverland will be opened up to all of us, again.
World Summit of Children at Neverland Valley Ranch - michael-jackson photo" height=327 alt="Various > World Summit of Children at Neverland Valley Ranch - michael-jackson photo" src="http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7600000/Various-World-Summit-of-Children-at-Neverland-Valley-Ranch-michael-jackson-7637783-467-327.jpg" width=467 border=0>

I agree..

Last edited:
Part of me thinkg " neverland is never to be neverland when Peter Pan left and died.
but I do think it's nice if they can restore it and for other people to have the chance to see how beautiful this place is.
I really hope Mr. Barrack would hold on his words that the estate would have a final say.
It would be more sad if they ruin this place.

I'm intrigued by the thousand years of Indian history Barrack always mentions. Does anyone know anything more about that?

I don't trust Barrack. Besides there is no Neverland, it is Sycamore Ranch Valley. CC owns the title, and they changed the name, years ago.

I would love to see it completely restored and open for underprivilidged children as well as fans. :yes:

princessleia;3289003 said:
I'm intrigued by the thousand years of Indian history Barrack always mentions. Does anyone know anything more about that?

This is from that article that Barrack mentioned it:

This, the manicured park with the giant floral clock and movie theater featuring isolation boxes for immunocompromised children—default B-roll for all TV coverage of Jackson—comprises just 32 acres. It scarcely hints at the grandeur of the full property, which is nearly ten times that size, with 67,000 oaks and sycamores, the odd rattlesnake and mountain lion, and a former Chumash Indian worship site overlooking a savannah-like plain. “You’ll feel something, which I think was what drove him,” Barrack says of the Chumash site. “And I don’t mean that—I’m not coming from outer space—but you will actually feel it, I promise.”

http://nymag.com/news/business/69782/

And there was this:

One story that was especially interesting to me was that it was rumored among the staff when Michael still lived in Neverland and before the trial that Michael had planned on purchasing the land just on the other side of the highest point of land on Neverland property. As you look through the front gates and straight up to the highest point just on the other side of that point you will find Zaca Lake, also referred to as the bottomless lake because it is so deep. According to Michael’s previous employee he had planned on buying Zaca Lake and the surrounding land which also lines right up to the border of the Neverland property. This land is also known to be an old spiritual Indian ground connected to another old Indian spiritual ground and town named, Ojai. I was intrigued when he further explained that Ojai lays just across the way in the adjacent, sister mountain range. Chumash Indian legend has it that these two are connected by a ‘spiritual energy bridge’ which looks much like a rainbow and this rainbow over looks Neverland.

Maybe someone else knows more.

I think this is some good news! Glad to see they're waiting for the right time to do things, and giving the Estate the last say. I do hope that after this whole Murray trial is over, the estate can get to work on this Neverland project that will hopefully involve the fans at the end of it all. I would really love to see Neverland restored one day to some likeness to the way Michael had it, before all the ish went down, when he loved it most. And, of course, go and visit it!

I really hope for this to happen too!

I always wondered why Michael never completely let it go. He didn't want to live there anymore yet he never cut ties to it. That must mean something.

I'm wondering the same thing, and came to the same conclusion. Neverland must have still meant something to Michael or else he would have sold the whole thing IMO.

I don't trust Barrack. Besides there is no Neverland, it is Sycamore Ranch Valley. CC owns the title, and they changed the name, years ago.

Whatever Barrack does, whoever owns the ranch and however it is renamed, it has gone down in history as Neverland, Michael Jackson's ranch.
His vibrations will never be gone from the place.
This title CC owns carries a very special weight. It's not just like any other distressed asset they own. Hopefully, if they are smart enough to realize the accountability involved, they will restore it and use it according to Michael's vision.

it was a very special place and I think children from all over the world should be able to visit again this magical world created by Michael...

I think I would still feel the magic if I was to go there for sure.

^^I am with you on this one. I guess our feelings depend on the persons we are. I remember landing in LA after June, and simply by being in the airport and knowing Michael often stopped there, I became emotional. Even riding from the airport, I was thinking that he rode along this highway, and I felt my heart tighten. I really felt he was a part of all that and his essence is still there, so our feelings about whether Neverland will still be magical will vary.

By the way, every few months, this guy pops up with a story of Neverland, so I will simply wait until the Estate says something.

This is exactly how I feel. I was there last summer, and at the gates of NL-- I did feel his essence there. As marebear said--Michael never let go of NL. Even though some of his worst memories were here because of Sneddon et al, I still feel that when he said "it was the totality of who he is" it was for all time. Some of his happiest moments were also there.

Back