Thread: The School / Homework Help Thread \ Healthcare Admin

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation The School / Homework Help Thread \ Healthcare Admin

Okay I am a college student taking classes in Healthcare Administration. I'm attending UV Phoenix and my next class is on the 22nd March.

I was hoping that whoever was already in the healthcare field, can perhaps help me if and when I ever need it. I am reading up on the material and its talking about a Doctrine of Respondent Superior. I'm also looking in my textbooks & its not in the index.

So if anyone can help me with this kind of stuff, please I would love to for you to explain it to me in words I can understand. This is alllll neeeewww toooo me.

email: xtiffxanyx@gmail.com

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: The School / Homework Help Thread \ Healthcare Admin

Sorry not me

need help? you can email me at sammansell1@yahoo.co.uk

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: The School / Homework Help Thread \ Healthcare Admin

Think you mean Respondeat superior. Anyway as per our trusty source of all knowledge, Wikipedia : "Respondeat superior" (Latin: "let the master answer"; plural: respondeant superiores) is a legal doctrine which states that, in many circumstances, an employer is responsible for the actions of employees performed within the course of their employment. Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respondeat_superior

This may be more useful: The legal concept of vicarious liability and the Doctrine of Respondeat Superior occurs when the servant (employee) commits a tort or civil wrong within the scope of employment and the master (employer) is held liable although the master may have done nothing wrong. In this article, legal cases are presented to emphasize the importance of these issues, which frequently involve physician extenders and physicians as employers in our current health care climate. Physicians need to be aware of this doctrine in the supervision of their staff and their day-to-day medical practice. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/433873

Basically, the employer is responsible for the actions of those he employs while carrying out their jobs. Or, you're the boss, if your employees screw up, you're ultimately responsible. Kind of like the captain of a ship. The junior officer may run the ship aground but the captain is liable.
    Don't know if this helps or not...

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up RE::::Re: The School / Homework Help Thread \ Healthcare Admin

Quote Originally Posted by cinzia View Post
    Think you mean Respondeat superior. Anyway as per our trusty source of all knowledge, Wikipedia : "Respondeat superior" (Latin: "let the master answer"; plural: respondeant superiores) is a legal doctrine which states that, in many circumstances, an employer is responsible for the actions of employees performed within the course of their employment. Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respondeat_superior

This may be more useful: The legal concept of vicarious liability and the Doctrine of Respondeat Superior occurs when the servant (employee) commits a tort or civil wrong within the scope of employment and the master (employer) is held liable although the master may have done nothing wrong. In this article, legal cases are presented to emphasize the importance of these issues, which frequently involve physician extenders and physicians as employers in our current health care climate. Physicians need to be aware of this doctrine in the supervision of their staff and their day-to-day medical practice. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/433873

Basically, the employer is responsible for the actions of those he employs while carrying out their jobs. Or, you're the boss, if your employees screw up, you're ultimately responsible. Kind of like the captain of a ship. The junior officer may run the ship aground but the captain is liable.
    Don't know if this helps or not...

yes it does thank you very much. I do have a example that is in a book I'm reading and I will post that example later. Thank you!!!