Lena Katina's Demos

Severus Snape

Proud Member
Since Lena Katina is releasing her first solo album sometime this year or early next year, I've been revisiting some of her old demos from the time when t.A.T.u. temporarily went on hiatus in 2004, and from her time since before t.A.T.u. was ever formed, when she was just a 15 year old girl. I am greatly fond of Lena, and I love t.A.T.u. Her demos, however, are absolutely beautiful. It's a shame they were never released as full songs:

You (2004)

All My Love (2004)

I Know (2004)

Belochka (2004)

Yugoslavia (1999)

The lyrics to this last one concern the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful, although not penned by Katina. They were written by Alexander Voitinsky.

She has such a beautiful, sweet, and simple voice. I absolutely love her.

Additionally, here is a demo from her recording of "October and April" with Finnish rock band The Rasmus. In the end, they decided to go with Nightwish's Anette Olzon, though. I prefer the Katina version, though.

Will listen to them when time permits... But t.A.T.u. had some real awesome music that gave a lump in my throat listening to it, won't gonna comment on their appearance and all that, just say that their talent was raw.

Will listen to them when time permits... But t.A.T.u. had some real awesome music that gave a lump in my throat listening to it, won't gonna comment on their appearance and all that, just say that their talent was raw.

You should, they're amazing. I especially love Lena's voice. Yulia's a bit raspy for my taste, but Lena has such a sweet voice. Her Yugoslavia demo is what got her into t.A.T.u. in the first place, I think, she was against 400 others.

Back