Chris Brown Loses Temper on Good Morning America

kopwatcher

Proud Member
A raging and shirtless Chris Brown stormed out of a Good Morning America's Times Square studio Tuesday, a source confirms to People. "He was visibly upset and appeared livid after the interview," the source said, of Brown's being asked about his 2009 felony assault case involving his then-girlfriend Rihanna. During an interview pegged to the release of his new album F.A.M.E., Brown, 22, told Gma anchor Robin Roberts, "It's not really a big deal to me now, as far as that situation. I think I'm past that in my life. Today's the album day, so that's what I'm focused on.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni8828388/
The temper tantrums haven't changed I see.

Well what can he expect, if he didn't want to be remembered for hitting a woman, he should never have put his hands on one.

If anything, acting in such a manner will only help bring more attention to the incident in question, and further detract from his original goal--promoting the album.

It's too easy to judge and so I'm not going to do it. I'll just say that I can understand his angst. It must be very challenging to try and overcome a situation years past that keeps being brought up everywhere you go.

Robin shouldn't ask about it. If she had to, she should mention it only once, not constantly go back and circulate around the issue. What is purpose of that? Chris makes music, ask about music. Geez...

^Right, but what these people were obviously looking for was a reaction, because things like that are gold for ratings. By giving in and acting in such a manner, Brown fell into their trap, so in essence--they manipulated him into giving them the desired result.

^Right, but what these people were obviously looking for was a reaction, because things like that are gold for ratings. By giving in and acting in such a manner, Brown fell into their trap, so in essence--they manipulated him into giving them the desired result.
true

I'm not a fan of Brown nor of his antics but I kinda get why he lost it

Robin shouldn't ask about it. If she had to, she should mention it only once, not constantly go back and circulate around the issue. What is purpose of that? Chris makes music, ask about music. Geez...

True and thats what ticks me off bout the media. They seem to act more like as if they are cops then journalists and it needs to stop. Cuz it anit their job to police ppl

true

I'm not a fan of Brown nor of his antics but I kinda get why he lost it

"Antics?!" You're making him sound like Fegelein from the "Der Untergang" parody videos! :p

Hosting a Fege-rave to get on your boss' last nerve is an antic. Beating up your girlfriend is domestic abuse. However, the media goading him on by repeatedly bringing up the point in an attempt to reprimand him is equally deplorable, in that it is neither their business nor their duty to do such a thing in an interview about his music. It is clear that their intent was none other than to provoke Brown, and they got what they wanted.

I "get" why he lost it too, but I don't think it was a good idea for him to do so.

It's too easy to judge and so I'm not going to do it. I'll just say that I can understand his angst. It must be very challenging to try and overcome a situation years past that keeps being brought up everywhere you go.

Yes.. I can understand that. ..

Only the real strong ones can make it. Hopefully, he'll redeem himself at some point. ...

I'd have to side with Chris on this one. That's the problem with the media - they just won't let things go. I see it all the time.

Yes, they're like a predator who doesn't let go of the prey until after they've breathed their last.

I'm glad people here can understand and sympathize. I think too many times people blindly judge, not taking in to consideration the circumstances. There are lots of people out there with emotional issues that are still good people. I do not know Chris Brown personally so I can't judge his heart. It's clear the media manipulated him to get a story. Unfortunately, he fell in to the trap that was set for him, but that doesn't make him a monster. I would never advocate violence against women, but I was not there, we do not know the situation and probably never will. We don't know what Rihanna said or did to him. All I do know is that it was a two way street and something tells me that Rihanna is also a guilty party. Again, I would never advocate violence against women. I'm only trying to express that we too often judge people and situations we know nothing about. It's fine if people write Chris Brown off for the rest of his life. Just don't go see his movies or buy his albums. Simple as that. However, let the man live his life and stop holding the past against him. If he is trying to change for the better, he has every right to and it is not our job to judge and hold anyone back from betterment. I really don't understand the sort of shock given the circumstances. Is a matador shocked at the reaction a bull has when it taunted? Is that bull held held responsible and condemned? Chris Brown has known anger issues and yet the media persists to provoke. I think the media and general public need to move on and stop beating Chris Brown over the head with a dead horse. Let him be. I'm not even a fan and don't own a single album or song, so this isn't a case of bias (in case anyone is wondering).

Last edited:
Travis;3308970 said:
It's clear the media manipulated him to get a story. Unfortunately, he fell in to the trap that was set for him, but that doesn't make him a monster. It's fine if people write Chris Brown off for the rest of his life. Just don't go see his movies or buy his albums. Simple as that. However, let the man live his life and stop holding the past against him. If he is trying to change for the better, he has every right to and it is not our job to judge and hold anyone back from betterment.

I agree. They should just let him move on with his life--and obviously they regressed to the time of the beating not even for Rihanna's sake nor for any concern about domestic abuse, but simply to provoke him and get a story out of him. It's obvious, and I don't know why Brown didn't see through that attempt--the worst he could have done to them was to remain calm and not play their game. That would have truly upset them, but I also understand that, given all the scrutiny which has been focused on this story in the past, Brown would be in the right to get upset. It's not necessarily productive to bring old issues back--the media is not Chris Brown's therapist, and they are neither trained nor authorized to deal with domestic abuse situations, so they should really shut their trap and keep the questions strictly about his career and not his personal life--but that wouldn't give them good ratings, I suspect...

Travis said:
Is that bull held held responsible and condemned?

In a way, yes:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/bull_ies_kill_beast_after_all_kmqypqggq0QNeOSdW4uMUL

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/sports/playmagazine/601bullfight.html
NYtimes said:
Except in the unusual case that a bull is spared for having shown exceptional bravery in the ring, all the bulls die. Even in Portugal, where bulls aren’t killed in the ring, they are killed afterward, a hypocrisy that spares the spectator but not the animal. Every lidia — an individual bullfight between a bull and a matador — is a ritual orchestrated to injure and then exhaust the animal so that it can be more easily killed.

Travis said:
Chris Brown has known anger issues and yet the media persists to provoke. I think the media and general public need to move on and stop beating Chris Brown over the head with a dead horse. Let him be. I'm not even a fan and don't own a single album or song, so this isn't a case of bias (in case anyone is wondering).

I agree.

I'm glad people here can understand and sympathize. I think too many times people blindly judge, not taking in to consideration the circumstances. There are lots of people out there with emotional issues that are still good people. I do not know Chris Brown personally so I can't judge his heart. It's clear the media manipulated him to get a story. Unfortunately, he fell in to the trap that was set for him, but that doesn't make him a monster. I would never advocate violence against women, but I was not there, we do not know the situation and probably never will. We don't know what Rihanna said or did to him. All I do know is that it was a two way street and something tells me that Rihanna is also a guilty party. Again, I would never advocate violence against women. I'm only trying to express that we too often judge people and situations we know nothing about. It's fine if people write Chris Brown off for the rest of his life. Just don't go see his movies or buy his albums. Simple as that. However, let the man live his life and stop holding the past against him. If he is trying to change for the better, he has every right to and it is not our job to judge and hold anyone back from betterment. I really don't understand the sort of shock given the circumstances. Is a matador shocked at the reaction a bull has when it taunted? Is that bull held held responsible and condemned? Chris Brown has known anger issues and yet the media persists to provoke. I think the media and general public need to move on and stop beating Chris Brown over the head with a dead horse. Let him be. I'm not even a fan and don't own a single album or song, so this isn't a case of bias (in case anyone is wondering).

i agree.

I think what happened with Rihanna should stop being brought up. It was 2 years ago and they have both moved on.

No one will forget it, and he will always be associated with, and asked about, knocking seven bells of snot out of Rihanna. He may not like it, but he better accept it otherwise his temper will get him in more trouble.

I'm not a fan of Chris Brown in any way, shape or form, but I sympathise with him here. Obviously what he did to Rihanna was horrible, despicable, etc but he was there to promote his new album. I only sympathise because the media did this with Michael too. They just won't let things go. If he has a lasting career, what he did in 2009 will forever be brought up. I guess he just has to learn how to handle his emotions and not get upset or violent.

It will not be forgotten but I don't think he should be asked about it every time he does an interview. He needs to find a way to deal with it when asked but the same time they don't always have to ask him too.

It's sad that he had to get violent about it.

Getting upset and acting pissed or whatever, not coming back is one thing, but to damage their property, that's childish to me.

I can see him being offended by getting constantly hounded by the same questions probably every day, and he probably doesn't like that his band with him has to be associated with it all the time, either, so like most people in this thread I can sympathize. But there's no need to get that childish about it.

The dancing was pretty good, I guess, but the autotune on his voice is so messed up. Why can't he just sing the song?

Back