Shalott

Severus Snape

Proud Member
"I'm half-sick of shadows...

lady_of_shalott_by_iheartmichaeljackson-d3cgpyx.jpg

I wanna see the sky. Everyone else can watch as their dreams untie, so why can't I?"

Beautiful. ...

Is that you in the drawing?.. ^ And was it done in crayons or charcoal and watercolors?

I get that you're inspired by Voltaire the writer for the last name, or is that your real one? ^ Or maybe by Hugo Ball's Cabaret Voltaire, lol? It would seem only fitting that you're a fan of both. ^ Love it, btw. ..

No. You can see what I look like from the MJJC members' pictures thread:

billie_jean_is_not_my_lover_by_iheartmichaeljackson-d3b4t17.jpg

She looks very different from me (I'm on the left), as you can see (by the way my eyes are not blue, even though they look like it in this picture for some reason.) No, this is the Lady of Shalott, from the poem by Lord Tennyson: http://charon.sfsu.edu/tennyson/tennlady.html

I wouldn't be so vain so as to do a self-portrait. As for the medium used in this portrait, it is watercolour and coloured pencil. Voltaire is my name, for the same reasons as the Philosophe.

Thanks for posting your pic, wow, so not expecting that! ^ For some reason, I've imagined you to be blued-eyed and blond or brown-haired, but you're stunning nonetheless. .. Really.

I saw Mik's face, whee. Lol.

Can't wait to read the poem that inspired the drawing, thank you.

Back