*** The tracklisting of ’Songs For Japan’ ***

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Labels Sony , EMI, Universal and Warner have joined forces to release the 38-song album. Profits will go to the Japanese Red Cross to benefit the victims of the recent Japanese earthquakes and tsunami.
281x211.jpg

The album is available now to download from Itunes.apple.com and will come out physically on April 4.

The tracklisting of ’Songs For Japan’ is:

1. John Lennon, "Imagine"
2. U2, "Walk On"
3. Bob Dylan, "Shelter From the Storm"
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Around the World"
5. Lady Gaga, "Born This Way"
6. Beyoncé, "Irreplaceable"
7. Bruno Mars, "Talking to the Moon"
8. Katy Perry, "Firework"
9. Rihanna, "Only Girl (In the World)"
10. Justin Timberlake, "Like I Love You"
11. Madonna, "Miles Away"
12. David Guetta, "When Love Takes Over"
13. Eminem (featuring Rihanna), "Love the Way You Lie"
14. Bruce Springsteen, "Human Touch"
15. Josh Groban, "Awake"
16. Keith Urban, "Better Life"
17. Black Eyed Peas, "One Tribe"
18. Pink, "Sober"
19. Cee Lo Green, "It's OK"
20. Lady Antebellum, "I Run to You"
21. Bon Jovi, "What Do You Got?"
22. Foo Fighters, "My Hero"
23. R.E.M., "Man on the Moon"
24. Nicki Minaj, "Save Me"
25. Sade, "By Your Side"
26. Michael Bublé, "Hold On"
27. Justin Bieber, "Pray"
28. Adele, "Make You Feel My Love"
29. Enya, "If I Could Be Where You Are"
30. Elton John, "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"
31. John Mayer, "Waiting on the World to Change"
32. Queen, "Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)"
33. Kings of Leon, "Use Somebody"
34. Sting, "Fragile"
35. Leona Lewis, "Better in Time"
36. Ne-Yo, "One in a Million"
37. Shakira, "Whenever, Wherever"
38. Norah Jones, "Sunrise"

http://www.nme.com/news/john-lennon/55720

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/katy-perry/news/263574-songs-for-japan-38-track-album-released

They should have included Heal The World or We Are The World, or both.

BTW, can you see the marketing agenda?
What has the gay song - Born this way - got to do with the catastrophe in Japan.

Based on song titles, imo, the compilation is ridiculous..., not only because MJ is not included...

I agree with you guys, but I'm actually surprised they've included some good songs on this album! I know that a tracklist like that (with "artists" like Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber) sounds like an insult to the japanese people, but if the goal is to raise money to help Japan, they need something that's gonna sell fairly well, and you know that nowadays just a few people still hear (and buy!) real music, so this time I'm not blaming them.

What a crappy list of songs, sorry.. but it really is. Don't even know what to begin with. What a load of pure mainstream trash (not all of the songs, but most from that list). ..

No Michael song, what a joke, and am not even saying that as an ego-bruised fan or what not, that's like.. Who's really the first, or among the first, to think about when doing a world-conscious relief tribute, if not him?

I won't even ask myself whether they've heard about "People Of The World" he composed for J-Friends in support of Japan's Kobe earthquake from '95 or so. .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX7Q0bdG0MQ. Maybe J-Friends will be able to re-release this virtually unknown hymn at some point, it's most fitting for Japan given the seemingly unending dread and horror affecting it and the world.

I suppose it's a good money-raising strategy. Regarding the songs by Gaga, Rihanna, Perry, Bieber, Timberlake, etc. people are going to buy that crap anyway, so they may as well help out Japan while they do so. However, it would have been nice if they had included songs which are actually halfway relevant to the disaster, or at the very least inspire a feeling of "coming together." It seems as though only a few of these songs actually fit that bill, and that's with a generous interpretation of their lyrics.

On the converse, it's nice to see that they're somewhat inclusive when it comes to featuring artists. Although most of the tracks are mainstream crap, they do have some material from respected artists and talented non-mainstream voices like Enya.

However, the lack of Michael Jacksons song is utterly disappointing.

Its one of the best ideas because music does make the world go round:yes:

Back