Have you ever been an admin/mod

twinklEE

Proud Member
Have you ever been an admin or mod online? Have you ever owned your own community? Doesn't matter if it's MJ related or not.

I was a mod on a non MJ site, and I was an admin on a non MJ site, but I gave it up, I also used to be a mod on a small MJ site, what about you? But those days are long gone :lol:

Years ago I did try to make my own MJ message board sites. So I could be the administrator and a mod. But I gave it up when no one wanted to be in my MJ message board sites. And I did post a message mentioning my MJ site at another MJ message board site where you can do that. But I just got ignore. Those sites are no longer around at least I don't think they are. And because of that experience I just didn't bother of doing that any more. It would be a big waste of time for me.

No. Because of my work schedule I'm never around any sites enough to make an impact. :( But I guess it's good I haven't been a mod because I've been to places where admins/mods are never active and it's not very helpful.

No, I haven't. I was asked to become a moderator at a non-MJ forum but I declined. It's too much work and responsibility imo. But I admire the people who do take their time to do this, it's an ungrateful job but without mods this place would probably have been a mess :)

I have my own website so ofcourse I'm the admin there:cheeky:
I've also been a mod at some other forum (not MJ related) and right now I'm the Dutch Mod for a TV series channel on viki.

I was a moderator at Daniel Radcliffe Forum and graphic design contributor back in 2003. That forum was quite big back then as it was known by Daniel himself. Sadly the forum closed or something like that :(

Yes I've been a mod on numerous forums, majority of the have been successful but I've have to give them up cause of studying and work, just didn't have the time to keep them up and running.

Although I do have a forum that I have just started of one of the famous musicals world wide called wicked

Yes obviously. It's a great job but being a mod on a board the size of this is a big responsibility. But I love it!

No, but I was once asked to on a small group online, but I turned it down because I couldn't guarantee I would be able to commit to that. Plus I'm not really the "leader" type :lol: I can't even imagine what moderating a huge board like this would be like.

I was a moderator for a fairly big RPG Online game for about a year until I had to leave the game.

The site I was a mod and then co admin was pretty big too, I think we had around 22 000 members..? I'm not sure anymore :lol:
It was a non MJ site though (but entertainment related) :(

I was a mod at this very site back in the day. I decided to retire because it was taking up far too much of my free time. Being a mod ain't as easy as it looks.

I was a moderator of the The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club board but gave up when traffic dried up.

i was a creator of one popular MJ board now ( i dont want to name it here), i was admin and designer, i retired some time ago...well...it was hard life experience....

Last edited:
Back