Priscilla Presley: Glee should cover Elvis

billyworld99

Proud Member
Priscilla8.jpg

The actress married rock ‘n’ roll star Elvis in 1967 and the couple went on to have a daughter, Lisa Marie, before divorcing in 1973. Priscilla is a huge fan of Glee – which follows a group of high school students who belong to a musical club - and thinks the cast would give terrific renditions of her ex-husband’s most famous songs.
Glee has already paid tribute to a host of music acts including Madonna, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson and Priscilla believes Elvis should be honoured next.
"I think it's great,” she told ET when asked if she is a fan of Glee. “They should be doing Elvis music on there one time... I think it would be great, why not."
Priscilla was also asked about Justin Bieber, the teenage pop star who is currently setting music charts alight across the world. The 65-year-old is unsure if anyone will ever achieve the same level of success as Elvis did but she does appreciate Justin’s music. Priscilla believes the music industry has changed a great deal since Elvis hit the charts in the 50s and she doesn’t think current artists can sustain such lengthy careers

"You know, today is such a different time. It's just a different time,” she explained. “Justin Bieber is actually doing great at a very young age, that's another phenomena. The test of time will be how long he can stay on top
Source: ET Entertainment

I don't see anything wrong with it, but then again I don't watch Glee. I loathe that show. Total froth.

billyworld99;3324182 said:
Priscilla was also asked about Justin Bieber, the teenage pop star who is currently setting music charts alight across the world. The 65-year-old is unsure if anyone will ever achieve the same level of success as Elvis did but she does appreciate Justin’s music. Priscilla believes the music industry has changed a great deal since Elvis hit the charts in the 50s and she doesn’t think current artists can sustain such lengthy careers

"You know, today is such a different time. It's just a different time,” she explained. “Justin Bieber is actually doing great at a very young age, that's another phenomena. The test of time will be how long he can stay on top
Source: ET Entertainment

Michael Jackson, the King Of Popular music, is more successful and beloved artist around the world (not the in the US) than Elvis.
Michael Jackson has sold more records than Elvis, and even Garth Brooks has sold more albums in the US than Elvis, afaik.
anyway, any media connections with Bieber are ridiculous, JB has not achieved anything special or notable or impressive to be compared to Elvis or MJ.

The Elvis agenda is :tease:, but OK, she was his wife....

She makes me sick... Can't stand Priscilla. Her lips look awful in that pic

She makes me sick... Can't stand Priscilla. Her lips look awful in that pic
I believe she looks even worse now that's not a recent pic. But apart from that she's proven time after time that she indeed is 'Godzilla'

I don't see anything wrong with it, but then again I don't watch Glee. I loathe that show. Total froth.

I can't watch it on here, but from the fragments I saw, I knew I couldn't watch it again. The show's title fits its contents, in my view.

If I was Elvis' widow, I'd be like....."No Gleee Nooooo.....Keep away from Elvis".........

But since Priscilla knows nothing........Glee will probably seem like a good idea to her.....

The entertainment industry doesn't need tributes..........or for that matter remakes, reboots and sequels are not needed either..........

What the industry needs is New and Different.........which are starting to sound like forgotten concepts or ancient philosophy.........and that's what they've become!!!!

............and I don't mean Lady Gaga..........she's just Madonna v2.0 (with a load of added plastic and electro rubbish)!!!!

First off the kids are way too young to cover the elvis era IMO and i dont think they could do elvis's song well.

Secondly how are dare she say that bout justin bieber, he's only a young kid! Hes doing what he loves to do and hes doing very well

First off the kids are way too young to cover the elvis era IMO and i dont think they could do elvis's song well.

Secondly how are dare she say that bout justin bieber, he's only a young kid! Hes doing what he loves to do and hes doing very well
she's bitching about the fact that Elvis' influence is basically non existent in today's music.

she's bitching about the fact that Elvis' influence is basically non existent in today's music.

I know but the thing is the young generation of today dont really know who elvis is or his music and its something that they cant help. Elvis era was wayy before they were born so of course his music well doesnt click with them i guess.

Well, there's no need to sound extreme. Elvis has got many fans, the influence in other artists is just not significant, true. I am not a fan, but I can appreciate his voice and energy on stage and a few songs, not to mention his kind soul, which, I'm sorry to say it, but Priscilla, for instance, only wishes she could have...

That's true, but they still know his name.
Yeah just like they know other folks names who're dead for a long time, Elvis' music isn't timeless nor classic. It's not something you can listen to nowadays and just go wooooooooooooooooooo in a club, the other day I was at an club and they played Remember The Time, people were dancing their asses of, and that clubs target group is 18-25 mind you.

i'm a teen and my age group first became aware of elvis because of the impersonators wearing the white glitter suit and imitating his speaking voice and then i've look him up on youtube

She doesn't think that anyone will achieve the level of success that Elvis did? She can't give Michael any credit can she?

She doesn't think that anyone will achieve the level of success that Elvis did? She can't give Michael any credit can she?

I know, that comment is ridiculous but it fits into the American media's agenda, I guess. Elvis was nowhere near as successful around the world as the Beatles or Michael Jackson were. Elvis might have been bigger in the US and the Beatles might have been bigger in the UK, but if you talk about international appeal (including continental Europe, Asia and Africa) nobody was bigger than Michael.

To be honest, I never even heard an Elvis song until a few years ago. His music is never played on the radio or on music channels and he's never mentioned in the media, at least not in my country.

Yeah just like they know other folks names who're dead for a long time, Elvis' music isn't timeless nor classic. It's not something you can listen to nowadays and just go wooooooooooooooooooo in a club, the other day I was at an club and they played Remember The Time, people were dancing their asses of, and that clubs target group is 18-25 mind you.
That's true - in a club I want beats and dance - but the oldies amongst us can appreciate his music. If I heard 'Return To Sender', 'Wooden Heart' or 'Crying In The Chapel' I'd be singing along. Glee really should stay away from artists that have no relevance to the younger generation.

I know but the thing is the young generation of today dont really know who elvis is or his music and its something that they cant help. Elvis era was wayy before they were born so of course his music well doesnt click with them i guess.
Elvis was born in 1935 - a full 53 years before I was born, and I love his music. Sure, he didn't write much of it but he sang it so beautifully. And the cultural impact in the 50s with the 'teen rebellion and youth rebellion against the elders' movement was totally unheard of; well before the Beatles.

Elvis was a great musician in his own right but I don't think Glee should cover him. Glee has a certain style of music that they do and I can't see the cast being able to perform one of his songs.

drewhiggins;3326462[ Elvis was born in 1935 - a full 53 years before I was born said:
Yes but what i mean by young generation is like teenagers + younger as that is mostly the age of most glee viewers

Yes but what i mean by young generation is like teenagers + younger as that is mostly the age of most glee viewers
Ah I see. I've watched Glee once because it was on and that's what everyone else was watching and I just couldn't be bothered leaving the room. It seems to me they get a big hit from whatever decade - seemingly the 80s and an apparent infatuation with Journey - and really just suck the life out of it and make it something it isn't.

To be honest, I never even heard an Elvis song until a few years ago. His music is never played on the radio or on music channels and he's never mentioned in the media, at least not in my country.
The reason for his name never being mentioned in the media is because nothing much regarding him has really happened for the best part of almost 35 years. It's not like there's any controversy surrounding his name; whereas someone like Michael, well there's controversy all around him so his name is always bandied about. No recently unearthed musical gems or anything regarding Elvis has really come out in those years.

And then you have the wannabees trying to be Michael Jackson or the next King Of Pop and of course Thriller and his death as well as the decisions the estate and Sony have made regarding his posthumous releases. That's likely going to continue for the next five years. His fans are mainly still young-ish whereas Elvis' die-hard fans are probably in their 50s and 60s.

Even though I don't like Priscilla for having treated Michael the way she did, but I must admit she is very good at keeping Elvis' legacy alive. I think she's right - Glee covering Elvis will be extremely good for his estate, because it will remind young generation of his music.

I watched a film about Elvis not long ago and I remember Priscilla said, "I will die protecting Elvis' legacy because he deserves it". I think other families (yes, I am looking at you, the Jacksons) should learn from her.

Someone should tell Priscilla that there is already someone who achieved and surpassed the level of success of Elvis Presley. It was her former son in law,Michael Jackson.

Someone should tell Priscilla that there is already someone who achieved and surpassed the level of success of Elvis Presley. It was her former son in law,Michael Jackson.
But what was Elvis' success level, truly? You could say the same for the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, AC/DC and any number of past and present bands and artists around.

Even though I don't like Priscilla for having treated Michael the way she did, but I must admit she is very good at keeping Elvis' legacy alive. I think she's right - Glee covering Elvis will be extremely good for his estate, because it will remind young generation of his music.
I just can't see kids and the younger generation getting into Elvis.

they should cover the songs that mjs estate owns defo lol then the kids get paid!

i'm a teen and my age group first became aware of elvis because of the impersonators wearing the white glitter suit and imitating his speaking voice and then i've look him up on youtube
lol same here, b4 becoming a mj fan all I knew about elvis was them big impersonators in the white jumpsuit

they should cover the songs that mjs estate owns defo lol then the kids get paid!
exactly..

Back