Any NIN/HTDA Fans here?

arnspecs

Proud Member
Curious to know how many MJ fans enjoy NIN ?

MJ of course was a big fan of the Downward Spiral which strikes me as fairly odd ... then again, he did like new sounds etc and Trent is always pushing the boundaries with new sounds. New album on the way soon btw! .... Any other fans ?

Have you noticed the similarity between Capital G and The way you make me feel. It was pretty funny when that first came out and everyone in the NIN forums were like .. WTF!? Was also cool to see so much love for MJ in those forums! Whod have thought

Have you noticed the similarity between Capital G and The way you make me feel. It was pretty funny when that first came out and everyone in the NIN forums were like .. WTF!? Was also cool to see so much love for MJ in those forums! Whod have thought

yeah, i remember and have noticed the similarity....definitely was cool to see that mj music has no boundaries. :)

I love them. Learned NiN through Mike and i absolutely love them. I had the Hurt cover by Jonhy Cash in my ipod and when i learned that it was a NiN song i was blown away. And yes, Capital G has some similarities with The W.Y.M.M.F especially the intro.

Often when I listen to NIN I think about the sounds Trent uses, and how much MJ loved NEW sounds. Him and Trent could have made one crazy song together!

Often when I listen to NIN I think about the sounds Trent uses, and how much MJ loved NEW sounds. Him and Trent could have made one crazy song together!

that would have been a jaw dropper, indeed :)

By Chris Willman August 30, 2019 Variety
trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-portrait.jpg

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are celebrating their highly unexpected CMA Awards nominations in high style… by Photoshopping their faces onto an image of Brooks & Dunn.

“New world, new times…” Reznor wrote as a caption.

Eyebrows were raised when the composing and producing duo showed up on this year’s slate of nominees from the Country Music Association. They earned the honor because they’re credited as producers on Lil Nas X’s and Billy Ray Cyrus’ “Old Town Road,” which got a single nomination for musical event of the year. Reznor and Ross did zero work on “Old Town” but were listed as co-writers and co-producers because the Lil Nas X track samples “34 Ghost IV,” a 2008 Nine Inch Nails song “34 Ghost IV.”

No word yet on whether Reznor and Ross plan to attend the CMAs Nov. 13 and show the world just what a head with a hole looks like as a hat act in person.

Is it bad that I only heard if them because of Miley's "on a roll" cover from Black Mirror? Lol

1/15/2020 by Joe Lynch Billboard
trent-reznor-march-29-2019-u-billboard-1548.jpg

Trent Reznor attends the 34th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Barclay's Center on March 29, 2019 in New York City.

Between inspiring the artist to notch the longest-reigning Billboard Hot 100 hit of all time and providing Black Mirror with its perfect pop parody fodder, 2019 was a big year for Trent Reznor -- but 2020 is set to surpass last year thanks to the news that Nine Inch Nails will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on May 2 in Cleveland.

Reznor, the primary creative in the long-running industrial rock outfit whose sophisticated approach to composition attracted fans from David Bowie to David Lynch, reacted to the news of NIN entering the Rock Hall on its third nomination.

“A sincere THANK YOU goes out to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame voting body - it always feels great to be recognized for your artistic efforts and I am honored. Many congratulations to this year’s fellow inductees (DM finally!) - see you back in Cleveland where it all began for me!”

The “DM” refers to fellow 2020 inductees Depeche Mode. Along with NIN, Depeche tips to the Rock Hall’s increasing openness to synth-based rock acts, particularly in the alternative realm. As for Cleveland, while Reznor was born in Pennsylvania, he moved to Cleveland to kick start his music career after dropping out of college. (An Academy Award and Rock Hall induction later, it’s starting to seem like he made the correct choice.)

The multi-disciplinary talent hasn’t always had the kindest words for the Rock Hall (although after the drubbing Hard Copy gave him in 1991, who could fault Reznor for laughing in the face of most institutionalized media). Still, after years of tepid statements toward the institution, Reznor backtracked a bit in 2019 while inducting the Cure at the 2019 Rock Hall ceremony.

“I remember saying to myself not so long ago, ‘How can I take this awards ceremony seriously if they’ll [induct] X, Y and Z, but they won’t even acknowledge The Cure?’ But then I got a phone call, and here we are,” he said at the Brooklyn ceremony while inducting Robert Smith & co. “Let’s just say I’ve never been so happy to eat my words as on that day.”

The artist to induct NIN into the RRHOF has YTBA (yet to be announced).

-- Additional reporting by Gary Graff.

Back