Concerts

*Completly dry*

Guests
As I really love to go to concerts, I thought we could have a thread about concert experiences!

So: Which bands/artists have you seen live in concert? Who was your favorite/least favorite? Did you take any pictures you can share? Who are you going to see soon?

Would love to read about it all! :D

I love concerts!! I've only been to 5 though.

My first was Nickelback in 2007.. my friend begged me to go so I went :D I don't like Nickelback but being my first concert I thought it was pretty cool. I don't remember much from it.. I just remember being really hot because it was in July and the venue was partially outside. Don't laugh at my second concert, but I saw the Spice Girls :giggle: Being a 90s girl, the Spice Girls was like the greatest thing of life when I was a kid :lmao: So when they went on tour my friends and I decided to go see them, because we wouldn't have been able to when we were children! The concert wasn't amazing, but it brought back a lot of memories... and they did a cover of Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) :yes2: My third concert was Coldplay in 2008 for the Viva La Vida tour! I like Coldplay, but at the time I really loved them so I was ridiculously excited for this concert! It was pretty good, but they didn't play my favourite song by them :(
I saw this Canadian band called Our Lady Peace in 2009 as part of our university orientation.. I don't like Our Lady Peace apart from 2 songs, so I had no expectations for this concert but it was a major let down. I left halfway through :eek:
Finally, the best concert I've ever been to HANDS DOWN is when I saw Arcade Fire in 2010. Simply amazing. Arcade Fire is my favourite band and so to have been able to see them live was life-changing :D I can't wait to see them again (I've made a vow to see them every time they're in Toronto.. which is pretty often 'cause they're from Montreal! Yay for me :p)
I don't have any concerts planned so far.. I hope I can go to one this year though

What about you? :)

So far:

The Black Sorrows, Lowrider, Jon Stevens, The Living End, Alice Cooper, Jay-Z, U2, Korn, Shihad, Guns N Roses and Weird Al Yankovic. I may be going to the LA Guns and Quiet Riot shows later this year with a friend which'll be awesome.

La guns, cool! Wish tracii was still in the fold though, he's irreplaceable :)

i've been to over 200 concerts. GNR, Joves, Kiss, Prince, GVSB, Manics, Crue, HIM, Fiona Apple, Afghan WHigs, Ours/Jimmy Gnecco, lenny, soundgarden, stp...to name a few

never got to see Michael unfortunately :(

Don't laugh at my second concert, but I saw the Spice Girls
:D Hey, that's really cool! Would have loved to see them. SO 90s! "I tell you what I want, what I really, really want..." :lmao:

Weird Al Yankovic
:punk: Did he do Fat and Eat it?

i've been to over 200 concerts. GNR, Joves, Kiss, Prince, GVSB, Manics, Crue, HIM, Fiona Apple, Afghan WHigs, Ours/Jimmy Gnecco, lenny, soundgarden, stp...to name a few
Wow, that's a lot! Always wanted to see Prince but somehow never got a chance. Next time he'll come close to me, I'll defintitely go! Which one was your favorite?

What about you?
I've been to quite a lot of concerts, never really counted them. Maybe I'll do a list some day to post it.
Well, my favorite concerts of course have been Michael's, obviously ;) Been to seven HIStory Tour concerts and MJ & Friends.
But as this is not the Michael-section, apart from him I'd say my favorite shows were:

Beyoncé's "The Beyoncé Experience"
Usher's "8701-Tour"
Janet's "Velvet Rope Tour"
Mariah's "Charmbracelet Tour"
Whitney's "Nothing but love Tour"
Tina Turner's "Tina! 50th Anniversary Tour"

And my least favorites:

Justin's "FutureSex/loveShow" - I really love the album but somehow I was bored during the liveshow. Maybe it was due to the strange form of the stage where you were always so far away from where the action happened.

Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez's "En Concierto" - not because the show was crap but because I had a seat bascially behind the stage. The sound was awful!

Madonna "Sticky & Sweet Tour" - I didn't like the concept of forcing every song into a dance-beat.

I haven't been to many concerts....

I saw Michael twice during HIStory tour. And in the 2000s I saw Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams, Pink and Dolores O'Riordan.

Phew, so many. Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours. Stones several times, U2, INXS, Bruce Springsteen, Janet Jackson, Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, etc.

Bad tour was my first big concert, still a precious memory.

I SO envy you for Bad and Dangerous! I was too young :( Well, at least I saw him, so I won't complain!

So, who's got pictures to share?
Here are some pics I took on recent concerts:

P!nk
Unbenannt-1.jpg

Joe Cocker
P1030081.jpg

Jamiroquai
P1030448.jpg

Usher
P1030275.jpg

P1030271.jpg

Pharrell Williams - N.E.R.D.
P1030591.jpg

I've only been to one concert....Madonna's Re-Invention Tour. I haven't been to any other concerts since or before then. I'm very picky about seeing live concerts. I'm only interested in seeing big names like Janet Jackson, Prince, Madonna and Kylie Minogue. I'm hoping Janet will make her way down to Florida for her second leg. My dream was to see MJ live in concert, sadly that won't happen.

Back