Greatest Music Videos of All Time

KingMikeJ

Proud Member
Lets put here a collection of the greatest music videos of all time, not including Michael Jackson because if Michael was included no other artist would be in this list :D.

Music videos that make you go "Wow", simple videos with a powerful meaning, videos that have you in tears by the end, whatever you view as one of the greatest music videos of all time (excluding Michael).

I'll start with Hurt by Johnny Cash. It was the last music video before his death in 2003 at the age of 71 and it shows a frail old man looking back on his life wondering was it all worth it.

[WARNING: KEEP TISSUES CLOSE BY]

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wMH0e8kIZtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was from a special I watched (later rented and bought) from 1990 called Red, Hot and Blue -at the zenith of the AIDS crisis. The special was a series of videos of big pop stars at the time singing Cole Porter music. I had lost a lot of friends and co-workers by that time, and I literally bawled all through it.
This is Annie Lennox singing "Every Time We Say Goodbye."

Re: Sting ~ We'll Be Together

And here's another equally fantastic one. These two videos just kill me. k.d. lang. So In Love.

^^I love that. Just a stoned Paul McCartney galloping through the hillsides of France :lol:

One of my most favourite non-MJ music videos is Telephone by Lady Gaga ft. Beyoncé. It feels very MJ-like to me actually in the sense it's a long 10 minute short film with an actual storyline and characters. I also love how the music is often extended and remixed slightly at times from the CD version (just like Michael would do with his short films).

It was actually one of the first things that got me into Gaga.
[video=youtube;EVBsypHzF3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U[/video]

Gaga's music videos actually tend to be pretty good imo.

Red Hot Chili Peppers ~ Hump de Bump

Last edited:
Back