La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

mattykoo

Proud Member
COL EXCLUSIVE: NEW BOOK, NEW SINGLE, NEW ALBUM!

We've got some more exclusive news for our friends and followers.

Not only will La Toya release the follow-up to La Toya: Growing Up in the Jackson Family this summer, but a new single and album are on the way as well.

Fans have been waiting patiently for La Toya's long-delayed opus Startin' Over since the first mention of it in 2003 and will finally have their hands on the finished product this year! Both the book, Starting Over and the single, "Startin' Over" will see a June 21st release, with the album to follow soon after. And, in usual La Toya fashion, Church of La Toya will get an exclusive snippet of the single a week before release. Keep checking back here for further updates.

The book, La Toya's manager and co-author Jeffré Phillips tells us, is "absolutely incredible! La Toya speaks about her life in detail and discusses everything you ever wanted answers to."

To pre-order the book, click here: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Over...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304020066&sr=8-1

Source: http://www.churchoflatoya.net/

Re: La Toya to release new book and single on the same day

I do! Good on Latoya, I'm glad that she's still releasing music. And she needs that follow up to her first book, considering most of it was written during her abusive relationship where she was forced to tell a lot of lies about the family and Michael. Hopefully the second book will clear that all up.

Watch out Rihanna, Gaga and Katy! Queen LaToya is coming to snatch your wigs!

You've got to be kidding ME! "Church of Latoya"? *crickets* :bugeyed:unsure::doh:

In all honesty, Latoya has nothing to say that I want to hear at least, cause she stretches the truth and has her whole life, to fit whatever tale she wants to peddle at any given time... This is my opinion, and if someone doesn't like it, please skip over my comment, because I don't need anyone telling me how I should feel about the Jackson's...they're tacky and low-class, and willing to do anything for money, even against the wishes of their deceased SON! So I agree with the poster before, who cares!? Maybe 10, minus 1. Deal with it. :yes:

P.S. As much as I don't favor Nene Leakes, she WAS spot on about LaToya using that fake persona and living off Michael's name...facts speak for themselves....:no:

Last edited by a moderator:

Watch out Rihanna, Gaga and Katy! Queen LaToya is coming to snatch your wigs!

* That made me spit my drink all over the place LOL!!!* I'm sure they're watching on cruise control, wigs intact with masking tape, cause they ain't got no reason to hold them tight with glue! :) lol

Damn a single she's been working on since 2003 and it's coming out now in 2011?! Real promising! lol

I don't want to be rude but, Latoya claim to fame was her accusing MJ of being a Pedophile, so it's like really strange that she even have fans!? Fans of what exactly? She's has been living off of being MJ's sister for yrs!

But, I'm glad she at least told the truth about how she lied about him back then! But, she is still infamous for that and only that...oh yea for playboy too! lol What things to be "famous" for! SMH

She "lied" because she was in an extremely abusive relationship where she was forced to say things against her family. Please don't spread misinformation.

She "lied" because she was in an extremely abusive relationship where she was forced to say things against her family. Please don't spread misinformation.

I know what she said about Jack Gordan her ex-husband/manager! lol

That's why I said
"I'm glad she at least told the truth about how she lied about him back then!"

It was a lie and she cleared it up whether Jack told her to do it, it still came out of her mouth and being MJ sister it was HER responsibility to tell the truth! PERIOD! So chill out and stop being to sensitive I wasn't even talking to u! lol

No, she couldn't control what was said. She was being controlled by her husband at the time. It's called abuse.

I'm sensitive because I don't like people spreading misinformation about this particular subject.

No, she couldn't control what was said. She was being controlled by her husband at the time. It's called abuse.

I'm sensitive because I don't like people spreading misinformation about this particular subject.

U never seem to understand the first time do u? lol So I'll repeat! Whether it was Jack who told her to say the lie it came out of her mouth....so it was HER responsibility as MJ's sister to clear that up! Which she did exactly that because she knew as his sister saying something like that was very damaging to her brother!

Exactly, where am I being wrong for saying this truth!? Also, because of this lie it's why and ever since she's been so damn infamous! Another truth! lol

I'm not sure exactly what we're arguing about, but this is a hoot haha!

yeah yeah yeah...that's what she said.

Soon Jermaine will be blaming that hair of his for "Word to the badd".

Back to Latoya, we have no proof of Gordon holding a gun to head at the press conference she held in Italy. Because that's what it would take for mot people to sellout their flesh & blood.

Latoya, just like Jermaine, was desperate to be famous. She was jealous of MJ & his fame. That was THE ONLY reason she latched out to Gordon, she thought he was her ticket to fame.

I don't understand why people who hate the Jacksons bother to come to this section. We all know your opinion on them. "They are living off Michael, they didn't love him..." You don't need to spread that shit over every thread in 2300 Jackson Street. Why can't I discuss La Toya's new book and new single without having to see people hating on the Jacksons?

I think there should be a debate thread about the Jacksons because some people just can't help spreading their opinion in every Jackson-related thread.

Damn a single she's been working on since 2003 and it's coming out now in 2011?! Real promising! lol

Are you forgetting that Hollywood Tonight was started around 1999 and got released in 2010? Much Too Soon was started in 1981 and got released in 2010.

Doesn't the fact that La Toya spent time on this single tell you it must be quite good? She didn't just work on it for a few weeks and release whatever she could come up with in that time.

Last edited:

Thank you for that post! Very true.

Soon Jermaine will be blaming that hair of his for "Word to the badd".

:lol: I would totally accept this explanation. It has a life on it's own, so why not?

LaToya is cool. I have started to really like her after her stint on Celebrity Apprentice. She was so graceful and well-mennered. Kind too. I'm not sure if I'll read her book, but I'm rooting for her.

yeah yeah yeah...that's what she said.

Back to Latoya, we have no proof of Gordon holding a gun to head at the press conference she held in Italy. Because that's what it would take for mot people to sellout their flesh & blood.

Latoya, just like Jermaine, was desperate to be famous. She was jealous of MJ & his fame. That was THE ONLY reason she latched out to Gordon, she thought he was her ticket to fame.

Co-sign. I don't believe for ONE SECOND that Jack Gordon forced LaToya to do anything she didn't want to do. Just MY personal opinion.

In mean, if that "performance" was fake AND forced, then she deserved an Oscar. LOL!

Good thing Beyonce already released her first single from her new joint, otherwise it would have gotten LOST in the Church of LaToya.

Are you forgetting that Hollywood Tonight was started around 1999 and got released in 2010? Much Too Soon was started in 1981 and got released in 2010.

Doesn't the fact that La Toya spent time on this single tell you it must be quite good? She didn't just work on it for a few weeks and release whatever she could come up with in that time.
Michael Jackson was a perfectionist what exactly is LaToya? Her singing abilities are limited to say at best. Are you trying to compare Michael Jackson's music with that of Latoya's?! Seriously?!

As for her book, wasn't she vehemently denying it just 5 weeks ago?! How is it that she's coming up with one now? Oh yeah right I forgot.. she only takes years to complete songs... she's a fast one when it comes to books (and press conferences) silly me.

As for her book, wasn't she vehemently denying it just 5 weeks ago?! How is it that she's coming up with one now? Oh yeah right I forgot.. she only takes years to complete songs... she's a fast one when it comes to books (and press conferences) silly me.

She has to get her book out there BEFORE Jermaine's book comes out. LOL!

She was slow in the beginning, but I'm "guessing" that Jermaine's announcement lit a fire to her process and now it's just: LET ME GET MY BOOK OUT THERE BEFORE JERMAINE!!

Michael Jackson was a perfectionist what exactly is LaToya? Her singing abilities are limited to say at best. Are you trying to compare Michael Jackson's music with that of Latoya's?! Seriously?!

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I mean Mike sang ok sometimes but La Toya is the greatest entertainer of all time. Obviously.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I mean Mike sang ok sometimes but La Toya is the greatest entertainer of all time. Obviously.
Well, good for you then!

Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but it would be nice if people could speak out against the Jacksons without calling them tasteless names.

Disco can you please refrain from responding to my messages because I've noticed that anytime someone goes against or states FACTS about the JACKSON'S you get up in arms, and try and censor how that person should feel or say....life is not always going to be what you like, so let everyone have their opinion whether you like it or not. You're doing all this championing for the JACKSON'S while they're living high on the hog and you're probably not honestly..blind devotion isn't cute, if anything, it's dangerous. I called them exactly what they ARE, and I'm sorry if that truth makes you uncomfortable, but that is my opinion and I am very well entitled to it.

Bless you....my dog sounds better even when he's crying... Take a poll for your ascertation and I'm sure it'll read 99.9%MJ to 0.1. Maybe the apostles of Latoya should create a board for her and the rest, so they can live in their own land and not be challenged...just a thought

I can't believe someone actually thought I was being serious.

Back