Favourite MJ 'Falsetto' Song?

Best 'falsetto/high note' Michael song?

• Total voters

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
Michael as we know had an incredible vocal range. This includes the very high note or falsetto which we see on a number of Michael Jackson/Jacksons songs over the years.

Let's vote. Which song of Michael's containing a large proportion of falsetto singing is your favourite?

-Your Ways
-Give It Up
-Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
-Working Day and Night
-Someone Put Your Hand Out
-Butterflies
-All In Your Name

Which of these is best? :wub:

definitely Butterflies. i couldnt believe my ears when i first heard that little background improvisation thingy he does toward the end at about 3:50 still makes my jaw drop everytime i hear that part. the amount of control u'd have to have....man!!!

Wich one is the best?!!!!:scratch:I really don't know.

Wich one I love the most?:thinking:I don't know.Maybe Push Me Away but isn't on the poll.

I love when he sings in falsetto.I love all the songs from Triumph album and I think there's something special about his performance on those songs.Different from any other song on any other album.

But if I must vote I vote for ...damn it's so hard.....Someone Put Your Hand Out :)

I looooooooove his falsetto voice. :wub: Esp. during Best Of Joy.

I'm going to say Someone Put Your Hand Out. Just beautiful all the way through.

I like "Can't Let Her Get Away" most, but I voted for Give It Up. It's highly underrated.

Last edited:
hmm, even though I like Working Day and Night even more, I don't consider it a "falsetto-song", so I chose Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

Voted 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough'.

I loved how Michael described overdubbing his voice to strengthen the tone. I believe something similar was done in 'We Are The World'.

Yet he still sounded so pure and clear when he sang it live on the 'Destiny'/'Triumph' tours. I love how he breaks out toward the end: 'AH-AAH! Change!' At least that's what I think he's saying, lol. He really sounded liberated.

Without a doubt for me it's "all in your name" :wub: I love it!
It was a tie up with 'Butterflies' though. :innocent:

Don't stop to you get enough - made the Jacksonian falsetto famous.

I love how Michael was able to use his falsetto to convey pain as well as joy. Jill Scott was right: Michael doesn't sing, he emotes! :)

Went with DSTYGE. A groundbreaking track for MJ.

Man this is tough, I love Mike's falsetto it's so rich and warm. Going with DSTYGE what a track, it was close with SPYHO though

I love his "falsetto songs" but I adore how he surprises the listener with it mid song (Smooth Criminal, CLGA, even the Dangerous Demo)
That's the sign of a great singer knowing when to do it and how to do it.

Do you know what falsetto is?
Falsetto isn't a high range. Most of these songs were sung in MJs regular voice minus DSTYGE. Now there are some exclamations he may have hit in falsetto but that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also singing in falsetto isn't as impressive as singing songs in your full range(which MJ could do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know "DSTYGE" is general public's favorite and "Butterflies" is fans' darling, but I have to pick myself up from the floor every time I listen to "Someone Put Your Hand Out", so I pick that one. And don't get me started on that intro...oh, boy... that intro is fire, I'm telling you!

Back