Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,880 Times in 5,167 Posts

Default Re: Puppy mills-close all of them please

Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,584 Times in 1,731 Posts

Puppy factory,Australia.
    It´s not better there

"How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space?
    How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson
    "Love no violence ever, remember a beautiful future promise of tomorrow "MJ

stop the killing of pets. Save lifes,spay and neuter your pets
    Adopt from an animalshelter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seEpf5L8x0M

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,880 Times in 5,167 Posts

Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are people who cares and want to change the dogs lifes for better

Some supporters of Oscar´s law

A year later it isn´t better for the dogs, but at least Oscar got away from it at last

Here is Oscars law:
    Abolish the factory farming of companion animals.
    Ban the sale of companion animals from pets shops/online trading sites.
    Promote adoption through rescue groups/pounds/shelters.
    http://www.oscarslaw.org/about.php
    "How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space?
    How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Beirut

Here is a petition to set standards foor puppymills
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/273/1...ls-in-lebanon/

Some people don´t care if animals are suffering they go over corpses to get some money.
    I´m thinking of the breeders in the first place, but I think in the petshops they should notice that most of the puppies and kittens who come there are not healthy.
    I suppose those who work there might see it and tell the owner of the petshop about it , but the owner just want the money and do nothing about it.
    Except for fire the worker who talked.
    Then there are other people who do anything to rescue these animals and care for them until they are healthy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

A petition to end puppy mills in Australia
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/514/3...-in-australia/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Buying a puppy online is bad, too

Whether you’re looking for a small dog or a big one, a Bulldog puppy or a Yorkie puppy, please don’t buy a puppy online. To buy puppies online is usually just as bad as buying them in a pet shop, maybe even worse! Websites that let you buy a puppy online often claim to be good dog breeders. They claim to offer cheap puppies for sale and will usually ship puppies right to you. They even us fancy terms like certified kennel, AKC registered, pedigree and health certified, and include photos of cute puppies for sale, like tail-wagging Maltese puppies, doe-eyed Chihuahua puppies or adorable German Shepherd puppies… but most of these dog breeders are operating puppy mills. When you support these online dog breeders, you’re supporting the cruel puppy mill industry.

Don’t be fooled.
    An informal online survey conducted by the ASPCA reveals that just as many Americans are now buying puppies online as buying from pet stores. According to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, hundreds of complaints are filed every year from victims who were scammed when buying a dog online. A truly responsible breeder will never ship a puppy to you without meeting you first. Even though they may advertise online, responsible breeders will not make the transaction online. Here are some of the most common scams online “puppy breeders” use on consumers:

The Bait and Switch
    In this classic scam, the website depicts dozens of photos of cute and cuddly, happy and healthy dogs and puppies for sale. What the consumer doesn’t realize is that these are stock photos used over and over again—or simply stolen from other websites. In this scam, virtually all contact is done via email, and the puppy is typically shipped without the buyer ever seeing the dog in person. The scam is revealed when the dog is delivered and the buyer is faced not with the adorable puppy from the photos, but a sickly dog, often of a different color or with different markings. Scammers count on people feeling guilty or compassionate and choosing not to send the puppy back.

Sanctuaries or Scamtuaries?
    Unfortunately, this next scam preys on animal lovers who want to help dogs in need. In this scenario, the puppy mill will actually set up its website as a “rescue group” or “sanctuary,” offering purebred puppies who have been rescued from shelters, bad breeders, even from puppy mills! The scam is revealed by the price tag—the “adoption fees” for these dogs often exceed $1,000! Breed rescue groups usually charge no more than a few hundred dollars—because their goal is not to make money, but to find wonderful homes for their rescues.

AKC-Registered
    AKC registry is a service provided by the American Kennel Club. While many people believe AKC registration means their puppies came from reputable breeders, being AKC-registered means nothing more than your puppy’s parents both had AKC papers. While there are some AKC standards, they do not restrict puppy mills from producing AKC-registered dogs. The fact is, many AKC-registered dogs are born in puppy mills.

Never buy a dog you haven’t met in person. Make adoption your first option or choose a responsible breeder.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Two recent cases of abandonment that left a total of 92 dogs along roadsides in Denton County, Texas have once again highlighted the need to stop the mass production of pets, but some still disagree about regulating breeders.

51 Maltese mixed breed dogs were found by police in Flower Mound and were followed by the nearby discovery of 41 Cavalier King Spaniels near Sanger who were all described to be in pretty rough shape with matted coats covered in feces and urine, dental problems and other health issues. Yet, they were all still described as sweet tempered.

They’re believed to have been abandoned by one or more puppy mill breeders who wanted to ditch the business in a hurry due to new regulations in the state.

Under the Dog and Cat Breeders Act, otherwise known as the Texas Puppy Mill Bill, that went into effect on September 1, breeders are required to register with Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation when they have 11 or more breeding females or sell 20 or more puppies and kittens during a 12-month period. Under these regulations, breeders will also have to submit to an onsite inspection before they are able to get a license.

“Unfortunately, there are a few of these really bad breeders who know they’re not going to pass inspections and are trying to get out of the business fast,” Peggy Brown, coordinator of community outreach and education for the Humane Society told NBC News.

Strangely, some are blaming the regulations for the dumping of these dogs, instead of acknowledging that the new law didn’t cause the problem, but exposed breeders who shouldn’t be in business in the first place.

The Responsible Pet Owners Alliance (RPOA) believes the new regulations are part of an extremist agenda to stop breeding altogether and is going a step further by filing a lawsuit in federal court against the state of Texas and Frank Denton, Chairman of Commissioners of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations. They want the new law to be declared as unconstitutional and invalid.

“This new law tramples on important constitutional rights,” said Executive Director Mary Beth Duerler in a statement, “and will have a negative impact on the state’s economy; affecting veterinarians, pet supply stores, groomers, pet sitters, and sales taxes. ”

The group is opposed to warrantless searches of breeders’ property, different regulations for different breeds, the denial of licenses without the possibility of appeal and the fact that breeders will have to submit to and pass a criminal background check.

Evidently, they believe leaving dogs in conditions like this are perfectly acceptable and breeders should be able to operate with impunity.

As for the abandoned dogs, being dumped on the side of the road may, ironically, have been the best thing to ever happen to them as they are now receiving the love and care they need from the Humane Society of Flower Mound, the Humane Society of North Texas and several rescue groups in the state who are preparing them for new lives in forever homes.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/puppy-mi...#ixzz2A3I9QJmk

“This new law tramples on important constitutional rights,” said Executive Director Mary Beth Duerler in a statement, “and will have a negative impact on the state’s economy; affecting veterinarians, pet supply stores, groomers, pet sitters, and sales taxes. ”

What about the dogs ,shouldn´t they have rights too?

Every dog has a right to get veterinariancare when they need it
    Every dog has a right to have clean water and food every day
    Every dog has a right for walks every day,heat when it´s cold,cool when it's hot
    Every dog has a right to love and be loved
    Every dog has a right to live-and don´t be killed because loving home is missing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

At Long Last! Puppy Mills No Longer Populating L.A. Store Windows.Last week, the City Council banned the retail sale of dogs (and cats and bunnies).
    By Maria GoodavageNovember 7, 2012Comment.
    Bad news for puppy mills! Those wretched backyard pooch factories just lost a major customer. So did a whole lot of pet stores that sell these cruelly manufactured pups.

Last week the Los Angeles City Council banned the retail sale of dogs (and cats and bunnies). You know the song “How Much is that Doggy in the Window”? It won’t have a whole lot of relevance around Los Angeles anymore.

Los Angeles is the 28th city in North America (the tenth in my home state of California alone!) to ban retail sale of dogs. It’s also the largest city to do so. Toronto recently enacted similar legislation.
    “It’s a very good day for the people and animals of L.A.,” Elizabeth Oreck, Best Friends Animal Society national manager of puppy mill initiatives, said in a KHOU report. “Not only will this restrict the flow of animals coming into our city from pet mills and backyard breeders, it will help alleviate the pet overpopulation problem in our shelters by providing more opportunities for rescued animals to find homes.

Some 70,000 pets are killed in Los Angeles County shelters every year. Best Friends worked with the city for 2.5 years to help enact the law that should take a bite out of these needless pet deaths.

Puppy mills and backyard breeders are responsible for most of the dogs sold at pet stores. Their conditions are usually deplorable. Adult breeder dogs can spend their entire lives outdoors in chicken coop-like cages, bearing litter after litter, sleeping in their feces, with wire for flooring, and little or no human contact.

The puppies are often sickly—sometimes from careless inbreeding, sometimes from the bad conditions of the mother dogs, often from both. And too many of those cute little buggers you see at pet stores don’t make it.

I knew a woman who paid $1,000 for a Yorkshire terrier puppy at a pet store. She had no idea what a puppy mill was at the time. Three days later, the pup was dead. She got a nasty wakeup call about the truth behind the “doggy in the window.”

.The Los Angeles ordinance will not ban the sale of responsible hobby breeders. Adopting is the best way to go, in my opinion, and if you’re hankering for a particular breed, you can probably find one via rescue groups or sites like Petfinder.com. But if you want to buy that special breed, there will still be plenty of far-more responsible breeders to choose from.

If you walk into a pet store in a community that has banned the retail sale of dogs andcats, and see some on display, don’t be alarmed: They’re not for sale. (Unless the store is in flagrant violation of the law.) They’re up for adoption via various rescue groups and shelters. What a great ending to a sad story that’s been going on for far too long.

Los Angeles is a trendsetter in many ways. Let’s hope the banning of retail dog (and cat) sales will quickly catch on all over North America. I think it may well. Since the Los Angeles vote, Best Friends has been deluged with requests from other municipalities.

“We are witnessing a cultural shift that comes from true grassroots advocacy in action,” says Oreck. “It is only a matter of time before there will be very few places where one will be able to walk into a pet store and purchase an animal from a puppy or kitten mill.”

What’s a puppy mill to do in this environment? Close up shop and stop the cruelty? Yeah, I’ll take that option.

Have you ever bought a dog or cat from a pet store? Would you have done so if you’d known that your pet was likely from a puppy/kitten mill? Do you think it’s about time for this legislation, or do you view it as an infringement on the right to do business?

I, for one, have a very waggly tail about the ban. How ’bout you?

Do you think it’s about time for this legislation, or do you view it as an infringement on the right to do business?"
    http://www.takepart.com/article/2012...2012-11-9-Mali

Dogs and cats shouldn´t be business, they are living creatures with feelings.
    They can do business with things, not living animals.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Children give puppymill dogs voices

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sheryl Crow talks about puppymills

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

A dog who has litter after litter taken away from her and when she can´t produce more then she´s useless

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Do you remember Lassie?
    He or she didn´t have t live like this

Cruelty at Calstead Collies

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

When Billy was rescued it was the first time the door to the cage was opened for a long time

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Many of the dogs who was born in a puppymill are submitted to animalshelters.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post: