Dancing The Dream 1st edition question

MJalen

Proud Member
I finally got my 1st edition of Dancing The Dream, but something seems different.
Everything is the same like other 1st editions, but the cover of the book is completely black instead of half black, half red with golden signature.

mydtd.png

unled3rr.png

Do you have the same version or any useful information? Thanks.

What if only US first edition has half black, half red cover?

Does anybody have US 1st edition with the black cover?

What if only US first edition has half black, half red cover?

Does anybody have US 1st edition with the black cover?

I think you are right... I bought mine the week it was released, and it says my all black version is printed in Germany for the UK, so maybe the first US edition has the red/black cover?

I think you are right... I bought mine the week it was released, and it says my all black version is printed in Germany for the UK, so maybe the first US edition has the red/black cover?

I think you are right too...I have the 1st ed published by Doubleday in New York, priced in Canadian and USD on the paper cover (on the inside fold) and the hard cover is half black- half red, with the signature.

I think the US Red and Black cover version is rarer, and more expensive as a result. Eitherways, the value of the book has dropped somewhat. I've seen them go for as little as $25-30 (black cover version especially) on ebay in the past few months

I live in the US and got mine when it first came out and the cover is half red-half black with Michael's gold signature. I didn't know there were different versions, that's interesting.

Last edited:
I live in the US and got mine when it first came out and the cover is half red-half black with Michael's gold signature. I didn't know there were different versions, that's interesting.

Yep, me too Nina. Never knew about different versions of the first editions.

My first edition copy has the black and red cover. It seems to be the US edition. I've had it so long now, I don't even remember where I got it.

i got a copy of it today half red half black says its first edition i am in the uk really lucky as i only paid 20p for it lol

My version of Dancing the Dream has the black cover on it & I was totally surprised to have gotten it as well, because my stepdad had actually BID on Ebay for it, I got just 2 days after christmas back in 2011, & was only having to pay $50 which seemed like a pretty good deal & I have to say, it's truly an AMAZING book with all the beautiful poems, not to mention STUNNING photographs of Michael! I love it & I'm thrilled to have the first edition of "DTD" :)

Can anyone give me a link where Moonwalk or DTD are being sold for a good price? I just searched on eBay and Moonwalk doesn't seem to show up, Dancing the Dream only appears on expensive biddings :sigh: thanks in advance.

Back