Battle of the Album Closers - Which is best?

Which is the best closing track?

• Total voters

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
Which song is the best ending track to a Michael Jackson album?

-Burn This Disco Out
-The Lady In My Life
-Leave Me Alone
-Dangerous
-Smile
-Is It Scary
-Threatened

All you people who start these polls are CRUEL!! :nono:

I chose Smile...But it was really, really hard to choose between that and Dangerous :p

The Lady In My Life, the song is so beautiful. :wub:

It was hard to choose between this and Dangerous.

I love them all but can't decide between Dangerous and Threatened.
how about Threangerous? :wild:

[youtube]NZFDJqj602g&feature=related[/youtube]

:D

I voted for Dangerous. Love Dangerous.

As much as I do enjoy Dangerous, I really feel Mike OUTDID himself with Threatened! Completely above and beyond all his closers! When I heard it played for Thriller on TII, I about shit myself! What an amazing composition with words and sounds!!!!!

The Lady In My Life - I like the way it ends on this sort of mellow/love-filled note. I'm not explaining it well but I know what I mean lol

Shouldn't Smooth Criminal be considered the closer of Bad as Leave Me Alone was just an added bonus track on the CD??

For me it's Dangerous, baring in mind it's function as album closer it fills the role impeccably. I just cannot get over what an incredible way this is to close an album. The album has seriously mellowed down, the track has been preceded by gone too soon, keep the faith, will you be there, and even before then whilst they have more kick to them, still melodic and dark tracks give in to me and who is it. The album could just have finished on an ahhh, we're all warm and gooey inside now after the emotional gone too soon type song, the same way Thriller finishes, or History, which are great for the context they are in also i hasten to add! But no, Dangerous the album finished on Dangerous the song, linking straight back to Jam with the huge synth hits, harsh snare drums and distinctive Riley dangerous era production, making complex and awkward the easy temptation to split the album into too halves of Riley and more traditional MJ in the later half, and forcing the listener to view the 14 track masterpiece as a whole. The intro is eased in by the unusual sound effects to not make the change too jerky from gone too soon, and to seriously rack up the anticipation of the clear mood change that is under occurance. The outro really makes sure the listener gets enough of the groove, they have to feel satisfied something particularly vital as it's closing not only the song, but the entire album. When the last chord is hit, it practically sells History as an advert as the listener is begging for more, and even when this is not the case, it makes you just want to reply back to Jam. He's ended on uptempo's on off the wall and vince, but for me this particular use is the one that nails the concept to the greatest degree, a master ending to a master album.

For me it's Dangerous, baring in mind it's function as album closer it fills the role impeccably. I just cannot get over what an incredible way this is to close an album. The album has seriously mellowed down, the track has been preceded by gone too soon, keep the faith, will you be there, and even before then whilst they have more kick to them, still melodic and dark tracks give in to me and who is it. The album could just have finished on an ahhh, we're all warm and gooey inside now after the emotional gone too soon type song, the same way Thriller finishes, or History, which are great for the context they are in also i hasten to add! But no, Dangerous the album finished on Dangerous the song, linking straight back to Jam with the huge synth hits, harsh snare drums and distinctive Riley dangerous era production, making complex and awkward the easy temptation to split the album into too halves of Riley and more traditional MJ in the later half, and forcing the listener to view the 14 track masterpiece as a whole. The intro is eased in by the unusual sound effects to not make the change too jerky from gone too soon, and to seriously rack up the anticipation of the clear mood change that is under occurance. The outro really makes sure the listener gets enough of the groove, they have to feel satisfied something particularly vital as it's closing not only the song, but the entire album. When the last chord is hit, it practically sells History as an advert as the listener is begging for more, and even when this is not the case, it makes you just want to reply back to Jam. He's ended on uptempo's on off the wall and vince, but for me this particular use is the one that nails the concept to the greatest degree, a master ending to a master album.

I bow to you!

It's hard to choose when it comes to Michael. I love 'em all but I am torn between Threatened, Leave Me Alone and Dangerous. Dangerous wins. I always love 'em MJ songs about evil women.

Which song is the best ending track to a Michael Jackson album?

-Burn This Disco Out
-The Lady In My Life
-Leave Me Alone
-Dangerous
-Smile
-Is It Scary
-Threatened
i keep trying to reply without the reply with quote button, but i don't know how. anyway..i don't know. Dangerous. I didn't know what was happening when i first saw the commercial for the intro sound effects for Dangerous and Michael's face rising out of water with some kind of hood on, then, i didn't think i liked the song, when i first heard it in its entirety. Then, all of a sudden, a couple of years later, the beat hits me in a place where i can't recover without feeling it down to my soul's feet. You dont just want to move...you HAVE to move. THere is so much magic and authority behind his sounds.

This is honestly very hard to choose...I like most of them as each of the album they were closers to..so I can't! but among my faves is Leave me Alone, I just love it as Bad's closer.

Back