Something I don't understand about the defense's strategy

abigaillovesmj

Guests
From what I understand the defense will try to paint Michael as a drug addict and say that his other doctors have supplied him with drugs (painkillers?) but I don't understand what all that has to do with Michael's death. there were no drugs other than the ones prescribed to Michael by Murray in his system when he died. So even if he did take other drugs (which I don't believe) it has nothing to do with his death. So how can showing he was a drug addict help the defense? Does anybody have a clue?

From what I heard the defense was claiming that Michael was addicted to the drug and that he supplied himself with the fatal dose, therefore killing himself. That was the defense, but since I stopped following the trial a couple months back, I'm not sure if they changed their "tactic defense", which appeared to change to me.
That's why I'm counting down the days to September. I really can't wait to truly understand what exactly is happening.

Last edited:
From what I understand the defense will try to paint Michael as a drug addict and say that his other doctors have supplied him with drugs (painkillers?) but I don't understand what all that has to do with Michael's death. there were no drugs other than the ones prescribed to Michael by Murray in his system when he died. So even if he did take other drugs (which I don't believe) it has nothing to do with his death. So how can showing he was a drug addict help the defense? Does anybody have a clue?

It's just mudding the water in my opinion. Distracting from Murray and putting Michael on trial instead of him. Blame the victim. I hope the jury will see through it.

They just want to play with the jurors heads and confuse them and get reasonable doubt from them. Let's hope the prosecution won't let it happen

Its not a defence to the charge.murrays claim is that mj injectted himself and he did that cause he was desperate to sleep.they want to portray him as a desperate addict as that supports the claim of self injection

Just what Elusive said and they also want to show that he is an addict so that the jury would think that it is psychologically possible that an addict will overdose. They are really working on the mind of the jury here, because there is no evidence to prove he was addicted. So they are saying: lets show all these doctors were prescribing to him, and lets show he had XYZ medication in his house in order to have the jury doubt that a doctor could give the fatal dose. No one else could do it but the addict, Michael. Of course the fools have forgotten to look at the other pieces of evidence to see if it was possible for Michael to do so.

Thanks everybody for answering. I still find this weird though - didn't the autopsy say that it self injection is impossible (I remember something about the position of the IV with the propofol). I guess the defense is desperate.

Not impossible.highly unlikely. Hence why the defence then started with the drinking claims and the some random person came in and did it theory.the sekf injection claim may or may not be rekevent depending on what the judge says to the jury ontop of the coroner calling it a homicide regardless

Murray would be better off telling the truth than making up stories that hardly someone will believe.

LOL, I know he won't. I just think, unless he has something up his sleeve, his defense is so weak that makes his situation even worse than already is.

Muarry wants us to think that Michael killed himself. Remember he kept saying there was nothing I gave him that would kill him. Latoya thinks someone else was in the room and killed him at one point. Then she said later that the Estate admin had something to do with it. Basically, the only people it seems who think Muarry was responsible is US.

They want to make Michael look like a drug addict and basically say that he killed himself by self-injection. I'd love to see how the defense will go about doing this though. I don't think they will have strong enough evidence or any evidence at all to support this. I hope the jury sees that they are trying to shift the focus from Murray and make him the victim while prosecuting the real victim. Michael's the victim here but the defense will make him look bad...

Murray is a liar.

Murray is going for the "Casey Anthony" defense. His lawyers will try to make the jury members
doubt everything the prosecution says.
He wants the jury to care more about him, Murray, than his victim, our beloved Michael Jackson.

I just hope that the jury will look at MJ has a human being and not a celebrity

The self-injection theory can be easily refuted. A heavily sedated man woke up, sat up, self-injected in the leg and lay back dead? Even cartoon designers are not that creative.
If defense try to prove it was not Murray who provided the fatal dose, no sane jury will believe that Michael did it himself.

The self-injection theory can be easily refuted. A heavily sedated man woke up, sat up, self-injected in the leg and lay back dead? Even cartoon designers are not that creative.
If defense try to prove it was not Murray who provided the fatal dose, no sane jury will believe that Michael did it himself.

Exactly and after this sedated man injected himself he placed the syringe down.

Exactly. I have the same opinion.

We have been wondering about that since 09 and Muarry's actions have not given us an answer. Let's see, you are monitoring a person and they get up and kill themselves. How come you cannot show that that was the case? You cannot because you were not monitoring the person; you gave them too much medication in a short space of time; you forgot that they had a heart and lungs which cannot work efficiently with over-medication; you gave the person a fatal shot and hung out on the phone, so in essence, you killed the person. The best thing to do was to begin covering your tracks, but since you are an inefficient, pompous doctor, you cover your tracts in an inefficient manner. Hence, you were caught!!!!!

We have been wondering about that since 09 and Muarry's actions have not given us an answer. Let's see, you are monitoring a person and they get up and kill themselves. How come you cannot show that that was the case? You cannot because you were not monitoring the person; you gave them too much medication in a short space of time; you forgot that they had a heart and lungs which cannot work efficiently with over-medication; you gave the person a fatal shot and hung out on the phone, so in essence, you killed the person. The best thing to do was to begin covering your tracks, but since you are an inefficient, pompous doctor, you cover your tracts in an inefficient manner. Hence, you were caught!!!!!

Exactly Petrarose, It's about negligence.

Michael was not an addict...but now let's be fair:if someone is an addict that means any doctor can kill him/her, that his/her life doesn't matter?

Back