Snoop Dogg !!!!!

Up's N Downs was the first track I played after I bought my car! :D

snooppac.jpg

snoop-spike.jpg

^^^ I'll listen to this track again , i can't remember what it sounds like. Oh thx for the pics man. I saw the video in which Snoop has this outfit but did not spot mj on his t-shirt for some reason or is it my memory ? Anyway thx man, it's nice to see him wearing that t-shirt. Lol at the first pic haha, Snoop and his perm, it suits him though.

Snoop and Pac is a charismatic duet. They look so charismatic in the "2 of Amerikaz most wanted" video. They should have made a movie out of this i.e make that video a trailer of a movie in which they'd be the stars:

I like the song called "Candy" off the album entitled "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment", i chose not to post the video given the way women dance in it:

Oh and this one off the album entitled "No Limit Top Dogg", listen to it REAL loud:

Last edited:
It's a shame that they didn't get the chance to film the video for Wanted Dead Or Alive together as that is an amazing track!

I also seem to remember they collaborated on Out The Moon (Boom, Boom, Boo!) too?

^^^ This ? Was put together when Pac was still alive i guess ? :)

You seem to know more about rap than me lol, way more. I like the following freestyles:

Do you watch Snoop's internet show thrillerchild ? GGN News. :)

Last edited:
I don't actually :ninja: I've been out of the game for over 2 years now and only just getting back in :mello:

@ thrillerchild : Snoop should feel honored to hear that :D
People usually wouldn't play random sh*t in their brand-new car, right?
Forgot what Ups&Downs sound like, but am pretty sure it has a solid, banging beat.

(checking if this track was already posted...)
Ok, here you are.

Snoop Upside Ya Head (with his uncle Charlie Wilson)

If you can sit still all through the song, you must be feeling depressed, sick or something :)

I quite like little Snoopy. He is just so cool without trying to be cool, if you know what I mean. Though I can't say I'm too happy about his collaboration with Katy Perry, but that doesn't really say too much about him, as much as it says about how much I can't stand Katy Perry :D

In Snoop Dogg's song "Tha Shiznit," the following lyrics appear:

"The Lexus, flexes, from Long Beach to Texas / Sexist, hoes, they want to get with this . . . ."

Although in the song "Lexus" likely refers to the automobile, I prefer to envision that it refers to the late 90s starlet Lexus:

rsLexusLocklear_zps8e0a9843.jpg

If Snoop wanted to update the lyrics, he could have them refer to current starlet Alexis Texas:

"[Alexis], flexes, from Long Beach to Texas, Sexist, hoes, they want to with this . . . ."

rsAlexisTexas_zps5ed08581.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Nice post lol, i did not know you liked Snoop Dogg's music. Btw, i'm a fan of Alexis as well haha. Thx for the pic. :D

Thanks! But I don't want to exaggerate my hip-hop credentials! I was into it around the time these discs dropped:

220px-DrDreTheChronic_zps0acbcde4.jpg
220px-SnoopDoggyDoggDoggystyle_zps38b65256.jpg
220px-19_Naughty_III_zps244b4d47.jpg

However, I have remained a casual fan since then, enjoying mainstream hits like "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "P.I.M.P."

However, back to "Tha Shiznit," there's one other lyric you should be aware of: "Cause Snoop Dogg is Trump tight like a virgin, the surgeon"

0827328017899_zpsb754cfb0.gif

arco_zps7b9aea29.gif

Woah! There's a lot of videos to watch. I'll have to check them out after work.
Are any of them talking about his name change? Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

I really like Snoop....in spite of his lifestyle. Hey, it's all about the music, right?

Two of America's Most Wanted is ONE of my faves. Anything with Tupac. :p
Who Am I (What's My name) :cheers:
Gangsta Party

BBL :)

^^^ If you are referring to the videos in my first post, unfortunately, they seem to have been taken off youtube, but maybe you can still find them. The documentary did not mention the name change because it was put together before the name change. What do you guys think about the name change ? Some people say it's not sincere and just marketing. I do not really care about it as long as the music is good. :)

Last edited:
Shame he feels the need to disregard rap for a while but he's trying something new and if its funky I'm all for it :yes:

Well, i do not know if he'll ever really give up rap forever. "That's My Work Vol. 1" is a mixtape in which he raps, it came out in 2012. Bet.com review post on December 6, 2012 by Calvin Stovall:

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2012/12/06/mixtape-review-snoop-dogg-that-s-my-work-vol-1.html

Snoop Lion is taking a break from his reggae persona, meaning the big Dogg is back with That’s My WorkVol. 1, a compilation of new and unreleased tracks from him and his Dogg Pound crew. Alongside Daz,Kurupt and Soopafly, Snoop proves he and his legendary flow haven’t lost a beat since we last heard him rhyme on 2011’s Doggumentary. With the help of the DPG and featured guests like Dom Kennedy and The Hustle Boyz, Snoop crafts one of the strongest releases to come out of the West side all year.

From the "Intro" track, it’s clear that Snoop and company intend to keep things strictly West Coast as they take turns dropping gangsta couplets over a hypnotically bouncing beat and warped synths. Rumbling drums and plodding keys shape the tape’s soundscape, allowing the dogs to lyrically roam from gangsta party jams ("Keep a N---a High" and "We Came Here to Party") to more menacing trunk rattlers like "Goin Gorilla" and "F--- Yo Crew."

We've come to expect crisp flows and carefree lyrics from the legendary collective, but it's That's My Work'sbeat selection that truly sets it apart. Arguably the best collection of Cali-flavored instrumentals this side ofWiz Khalifa's Cabin Fever 2, the authentic West side vibe reverberates via the diverse mix of tracks. From the instantly-intoxicating vocal sample that drives "Getta Grip" to the soulful "Executive Branch," it’s the beats that will keep this tape in rotation through the winter.

The tape's more experimental moments may prove to be its most lasting. "Take A Climb," an off-key beat featuring the MCs dropping their filthiest rhymes and freakiest flows, would sound at home on a cleaned up commercial version or in an electro house party. Like the mixtape itself, the track is a sleeper. But with Snoop’s name behind it, there’s no limit to how high these West coast dogs can take things in 2013.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the following track, it's funny and the beat is so dope:

[video=youtube;5QYQ8mjWTwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QYQ8mjWTwI[/video]

I actually found myself starting to choke up a little when he was saying how he was last with him then pac was shot and Snoop didn't get the chance to squash the situation :(

Back