Jury Deliberations - Discussion thread as we wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivy

Proud Member
To discuss anything and everything related to the trial as we wait during jury deliberations

I have some questions. If they decide he's guilty, who will adjudicate on a matter of Murray's penalty - judje or jury? And when it would be announced - that day or later?

I really can't see how it can be anything other than a guilty verdict, but we can't get into the minds of the jury. Going by the charge, law and instruction though it just has to be!

If they announce that they have come to a verdict today I think it will definitely be a guilty verdict.

When will the feed start today?
Imo there wont be a feed until the jurrors work into the courtroom to give the verdict. nothing will happen other than maybe reports on any requests the jury makes.

I really can't see how it can be anything other than a guilty verdict, but we can't get into the minds of the jury. Going by the charge, law and instruction though it just has to be! If they announce that they have come to a verdict today I think it will definitely be a guilty verdict.
agree. the quicker the verdict the better for us.if it drags on then there are hold outs and it will get to a stage where u cant be sure either way

I would be good if we could know what kind of questions they were asking as this would give us an insight into their thinking.....

I have some questions. If they decide he's guilty, who will adjudicate on a matter of Murray's penalty - judje or jury? And when it would be announced - that day or later?
Judge decides on the sentence i believe. not sure about sentencing and when it happs. it varies. sometimes happens pretty much straight away other times there can be delays.i think it will be straight away with this case

I would be good if we could know what kind of questions they were asking as this would give us an insight into their thinking.....
I think with mjs case we found out the questions at the time. Trying to remember.i remem they asked for avizos testimony that was used to convince the haters he was lieing

I don't think we will be happy with the sentence whatever it is. IMO the charge isn't high enough anyway but add to that the issues with over crowding etc I don't think he will go to jail. I will take some satisfaction in a big fat guilty but there is no way to punish him properly for what he did.

are they going to show anything today? (except for a possible verdict)

no. jury deliberations are private. It won't happen on camera.

judge. most probably at a later day. he will set a day for sentencing hearing and hear from both sides (can even listen to the victim's family) and make a determination.

When will the feed start today?

it won't. jury deliberations aren't public. it won't be shown.

Thanks elusive, I hope we do get some early insight to how things are going. I feel so nervous waiting for this....

I expect they'll reach the verdict sometime today or Monday and they better make the RIGHT call and if they don't, I just wanna go down to Calfornia and go personal. I hate the California laws, I hate they're justice system.

I would like a guilty verdict today then he gets taken away in handcuff's then he gets brought back on Monday in a orange jump suit and shackles so the world can see he's a
criminal and the judge tell's him that he has to serve the full 4yr prison sentence. I know the last bit won't happen....just me wishing.

Last edited:
I really hope we get the verdict today. I dotn want to cancel everything next week, just because I have to wait and wait and wait :(

Well i hope they won't drag feet on it. There's nothing to decide slowly. Pros have done the best job, the much better job than defence did

I'm really hoping for a speedy (today) and JUST (guilty) verdict. My emotions have been a roller coaster through this whole thing and it magnified from yesterday. I'm a wreck ...

I hate waiting which is why I hope it is today. Apparently none of the jury members were taking notes during the closing statements which is quite telling, like they've already made up their minds.

From what i read not many notes were made at all during the defence case.

I'm really hoping for a speedy (today) and JUST (guilty) verdict. My emotions have been a roller coaster through this whole thing and it magnified from yesterday. I'm a wreck ...

I am thinking the same thing. I'm so nervous that my stomach hurts.

Jurrors are now in the deliberation room according to abc twitter

i'm so nervous, i couldn't eat all day. i feel really sick right now

just a question if there is a guilty verdict. Are there victims impact statements like after rapes/murders and such crimes. Or will it not be cuz its "only" involantary manslaughter".

I gotta work today,,,but my thoughts and prayers are with all of you here and the Jurors in that room. May God be with them all..and help them to make the right decision so that justice will be served for our Michael. I love you Michael....that is forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back