Showbiz Tonight talks about Prince & Paris

Vici

Proud Member
We know that Alan Duke told on HLN that Prince will be coming out more in the coming months. Then he tweeted this:

AlanDukeCNN Alan Duke
@Laurenmjlove I expect to share what we discussed later, but I promised not to do so yet.
18 hours ago

AlanDukeCNN Alan Duke
@Thrill3r Prince is 14 and seems to make his own decisions. It was his choice to meet with me. Why are some fans frightened by that?
18 hours ago

AlanDukeCNN Alan Duke
@MusicMechanik For those wondering, I did NOT refer to the trial when I talked to Prince Jackson. It was a nice time with a great kid.
18 hours ago

and now they all talked about the kids.. including Alan Duke who met and talked with Prince

----

But first, what about the kids, Michael`s two children? Like everyone else, they are on pins and needles waiting for a verdict so they can move on with their lives as well. And SHOWBIZ TONIGHT can tell you that they are already laying groundwork to follow in the footsteps of their father in show business. But would that be the wrong thing to do? Here is "SHOWBIZ TONIGHT`s" Kareen Wynter with a SHOWBIZ TONIGHT special report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

KAREEN WYNTER, HLN ENTERTAINMENT CORRESPONDENT: With amazing moves and a simulating voice, Michael Jackson became an entertainment sensation. Now SHOWBIZ TONIGHT can tell you his oldest kids want to follow their dad`s path. The heirs to the King of Pop are going into show business, says CNN`s Alan Duke.

ALAN DUKE, CNN WIRE ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR: Paris is interested in acting, being a teenage actress. And Prince is interested in the business side of entertainment. And I think we will see that very soon.

WYNTER: Katherine Jackson confirmed the news exclusively to SHOWBIZ TONIGHT. She is raising Michael`s kids and tells "SHOWBIZ TONIGHT" 13- year-old Paris and 14-year-old Prince are getting ready for their close-up.

KATHERINE JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON`S MOTHER: They are taking acting lessons. This is what they want to do and well, Paris really wants to be an actress.

WYNTER: The entertainment world, that doesn`t scare them at all?

JACKSON: Not at all.

WYNTER: Alan Duke says some powerful people in the entertainment industry are looking out for Paris and Prince.

DUKE: Will and Jada Smith helped both of them. They have been going to acting classes with Will and Jada`s children. And no doubt that that family will open doors for the Jackson children.

WYNTER: Since their father`s tragic death, M.J.`s kids stepped out on the world`s stage, most recently appearing at a tribute concert to Michael in Wales. And Paris proved at ease on camera when she spoke over the summer about her dad.

PARIS JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON`S DAUGHTER: One of the greatest and nicest guys ever.

WYNTER: But SHOWBIZ TONIGHT wants to know if the kids go into show business, are they risking heartache? Publicist Marvet Britto who helped guide the careers of Mariah Carey, Kim Cattrall and Angela Bassett, among others, says Paris and Prince face the crushing weight of expectation.

MARVET BRITTO, PUBLICIST, THE BRITTO AGENCY: You really are under a magnifying glass and the public expects you to be as great or greater than your -- than the legacy from which you come.

WYNTER: And there`s another risk. Their wealth and budding fame could attract false friends and users.

BRITTO: There are people who will try to attach themselves to Paris, Prince and maybe even young Blanket. Prince Jackson I know is thinking hard about who can he trust.

WYNTER: A weary Prince tweeted recently, People behind you are opportunists. People in front of you are enemies. And people beside you are lasting friends." Entrepreneurs are already approaching him with endorsement deals.

DUKE: Prince Jackson, as they say, is bankable. And yes, a lot of product would like his endorsement, would like to associate themselves with Prince Jackson because of his father.

WYNTER: Their father is gone but the children can count on savvy aunts, uncles, and grandparents to guide them through the minefields of show business.

BRITTO: They certainly have people. Aunt Janet, the very individuals who shape the legacy and built the Jackson five family are still alive and still very much in the lives of his children.

WYNTER: Marvet Britto tells "SHOWBIZ TONIGHT" one thing is key to the kids` success.

BRITTO: The best advice I would give Michael Jackson`s children is to stay grounded, to learn everything they can about the business, to educate themselves about the business.

WYNTER: Britto says if they do that, anything is possible.

BRITTO: I wouldn`t be surprised if they were able to be guided to be just as successful as Michael Jackson was.

WYNTER: And that would make them truly worthy heirs to the king of pop.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

HAMMER: That was SHOWBIZ TONIGHT`s Kareen Wynter, who joins us right now from outside the courthouse in Los Angeles where the jury has been busy deliberating. Also with me in New York tonight, Sunny Hostin, legal contributor with "In Session" on TruTV. I think it`s going to be fascinating to see what the King of Pop`s kids do as they grow up and they mature.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/04/sbt.01.html

I came across this last night after accidentally coming across the 20/20 segment and I have to say I went to bed saddened.

Why do we have a problem with this? Plain and simple. The way MJ acted about his children. He didn't want them being in this business.

yeah,,,I agree guys,,,,I dont like it not one little bit,,,,sigh....

Why do we have a problem with this? Plain and simple. The way MJ acted about his children. He didn't want them being in this business.

Well, actually, in his response to Barbara Walters in his interview with her, he indicated that if that was what his child wanted he'd say basically, "Go ahead, do it better than I did, but know what you're getting into to."

And his thoughts on this subject from his book, Moonwalk:

Michael Jackson said:
A lot of celebrities say they don't want their children to go into show business. I can understand their feelings, but I don't agree with them. If I had a son or daughter, I'd say, "By all means, be my guest. Step right in there. If you want to do it, do it."

To me, nothing is more important than making people happy, giving them a release from their problems and worries, helping to lighten their load. I want them to walk away from a performance I've done, saying, "That was great. I want to go back again. I had a great time." To me, that's what it's all about. That's wonderful. That's why I don't understand when some celebrities say they don't want their kids in the business.

I think they say that because they've been hurt themselves. I can understand that. I've been there too.

I hope this is something the children want, and not even partially because they are pressured or encouraged by family members to enter into showbiz. Anyhow, I still think they are too young.

Sure they are plenty of child stars, but how many have gone on to become successful adult stars? I can count the number on my hand. Even Michael knew this. He would not like this - he wanted them to have a carefree childhood, free of commitments and burdens, and focus on their education as kids.

We already know that most Jackson family members, and certainly their gaurdian, Katherine, are not the most savvy when it comes to making right decisions and steering the course. How would that affect the children? With poor advice and role models from the family, and the leeches that have attached themselves to Katherine and others (Howard Mann), there is much potential for Michael's precious babies to end up used and hurt before they reach adulthood. Sad.

WYNTER: Their father is gone but the children can count on savvy aunts, uncles, and grandparents to guide them through the minefields of show business.

Given their track record, I'm not so certain of that right now.:ermm: Here's hoping for the best, but I'm afraid those kids are going to end up learning a lot the hard, hard, way. Which I don't think Michael, as a parent, would have wanted for his children. And as like Rhilo stated, not many individuals that are famous when they are young, are able to transition into being successful stars as adults. Again, here's hoping for the best. I'm sure they're bright, but they're still young and definitely need good guidance.

Well, actually, in his response to Barbara Walters in his interview with her, he indicated that if that was what his child wanted he'd say basically, "Go ahead, do it better than I did, but know what you're getting into to."

Yes, he would have supported his children, had that been their wish, but what you have to understand is Michael's children were his priority. He would have adviced them, guided them and protected them to the best of his abilities if they wanted to pursue a career in showbiz.

He would never have pushed them into it or see what he could get out of it. There is also nothing to suggest that he wanted his children in showbiz as youngsters. Kenny Ortega testified that Michael didn't even bring his kids to rehearsals because he wanted them to focus on school work.

However, under the present circumstances, with the kids being surrounded by people who don't have their best interests at heart, I can see more negative coming out of it than positive. You seriously believe Michael would want his children around and working with the likes of Howard Mann, and Latoya's dubious buisness partners?

This is typical of the Jacksons. I'm not one bit surprised. They have a history of ruining children lives. These people are already positioning themselves to exploit those kids before they even turn 18. They are pushed by the leeches that have attached themselves to them since day one. Why is KJ not doing the same to Jermaine, Randy, Rebbie, Jackie and Marlon kids? The role of KJ is to make the best decision on the kids behalf before they turn 18. That''s why she's a guardian and NOT to sell them to the crooks and highest bidders so she can give the money to her useless and jobless children. Shame of you KJ. Shame on You.
How does Prince,14, intends to focus on the business side of entertainment without going to school. Business requires qualifications and skills. and you get those by attending school.

Last edited:
On Oprah, and other interviews the kids said their dad was grooming them for show biz careers. So what's the fuss all about.?

On Oprah, and other interviews the kids said their dad was grooming them for show biz careers. So what's the fuss all about.?

Michael's no longer here. That's my issue.

MJ was not grooming them to start a career at the age of 14. Does Lost childhood rings a bell to you?

Show biz is cut-throat, but have faith in the kids.

I don't have faith in the people around the kids, namely the Jacksons and their business partners, to do what's right by them. Anybody who has followed their behaviour in these past 2 1/2 years, and is not blinded by Jackson family fandom would be able to see that.

Their father is gone but the children can count on savvy aunts, uncles, and grandparents to guide them through the minefields of show business.
Please somebody tells me this is a joke. None of the jacksons (besides Janet) have a career and continue till date to depend on MJ for a living. Plus none of them are educated to have any business acumen. in fact they have horrible business sense.

The only jackson i have to admit that still has a career in music is janet but still ummm i wouldnt couldnt call them savvy

They have savvy uncles and aunts and grandparents to guide them LMAO. the kids have high powered ppl in the industry looking out for them? yeah thats why dieter weisner is involved with them. this article just confirms that the children are the new cash
cows and will be bled dry just like mj was.

Funny thats not what mj said since the moment his kids were born.he wanted them to have childhoods and worry about what they wanted to do when they were adults.

lmFao at folks twisting and turning Michael Jackson's own words and those of his children to justify this f*ckery

We shouldn't be having this discussion. If only ConRAT Murder had never been so greedy.

MJ was not grooming them to start a career at the age of 14. Does Lost childhood rings a bell to you?

You are the one putting the start time for the kids careers. Mrs Jackson, and Paris both said they will enter show biz when they are much older. And it's a given the same with MJ.

They have savvy uncles and aunts and grandparents to guide them LMAO. the kids have high powered ppl in the industry looking out for them? yeah thats why dieter weisner is involved with them. this article just confirms that the children are the new cash
cows and will be bled dry just like mj was.
It's just embarrassing to see it happening because everyone and their dog called this. I mean everyone knew this is what the family was going to do.

No way the public aren't going to have a bad taste in their mouth if the kids do indeed get out there while their still young. The obvious question is going to be didn't the family learn anything from the MJ tragedy?

I don't even know what to say about this family any more. They saw how childhood fame tore Michael apart and yet that means nothing to them when it comes to selling his children.

I would like to say its up to them but I have a feeling they r getting lured into something and r being made to think its cool.

I think Michael would be okay with them going into the entertainment business BUT I think he would want them to wait until they were adults. Not now. Let them be kids as he would want them to be. It's not going to be easy though. They need to make a name for themselves and not just because they are Michael's kids. God I wish he was here to help them.

some ppl should read more into the article.. it says the kids (Prince) is bankable and companies/products is approachim him with endorsement deals.. they want to associate with him because of who his father was.

saying Prince is bankable? im sure MJ would support this *rolls eyes*

lmFao at [Shila] twisting and turning Michael Jackson's own words and those of his children to justify this f*ckery

Oh my!!! ;)

He would have adviced them, guided them and protected them to the best of his abilities if they wanted to pursue a career in showbiz.

I absolutely agree wth this, Rhilo. :)

The obvious question is going to be didn't the family learn anything from the MJ tragedy?

Never! This is something completely impossible for them. This family is a complete mess. May God protect PPB and guide them.

Yes, he said that. But do not forget, Michael is not here to guide PPB. :(

Last edited:
Back