Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor"

ivy

Proud Member
MSNBC to Air Documentary About Conrad Murray Trial Four Days After Guilty Verdict
6:45 PM PST 11/7/2011 by Kimberly Nordyke

"Michael Jackson and the Doctor" will chronicle the doctor's involuntary manslaughter case from his point of view and reveal personal details of his relationship with the singer.

Not long after Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in relation to the death of Michael Jackson came word that a documentary about the trial is already completed.

MSNBC said Monday that Michael Jackson and the Doctor will have its U.S. premiere at 10 p.m. ET Friday. The program chronicles the trial from the points of view of Murray and his defense team, giving "an exclusive look into the past two years of Murray’s life."

Murray will reveal personal details of his relationship with Jackson, his role within the singer's family life, the intense pressures that Jackson felt leading up to his tour and what happened the day Jackson died.

The doc, directed by Tom Roberts, is from October Films, which spent two years with Murray and his defense team. It also will take viewers behind the closed-door meetings with Murray's attorneys.

On Tuesday, NBC's Today will air a preview of the doc, which will repeat on MSNBC at 9 p.m. ET Sunday.

Michael Jackson and the Doctor is an October Films and What's It All About? Productions co-production in association with MSNBC.
Zodiak Rights controls worldwide distribution rights to the documentary and has already secured pre-sales with broadcasters around the world, including Channel 4 in the U.K. and Nine Network in Australia.

Zodiak also said Monday that it has acquired international rights to an exclusive news interview with Murray that was conducted by U.K. broadcaster Steve Hewlett on Oct. 30. The company said this is the only interview Murray plans to give.

Jackson died June 25, 2009, of acute propofol intoxication after suffering cardiac arrest in his home. Murray, Jackson’s personal physician, had been charged with administering the fatal dose.

Following the reading of the verdict, Murray was remanded to custody without bail. He will be sentenced on Nov. 29 at 8:30 a.m. PT and could face up to four years in prison and lose his medical license.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-258400?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Re: MSNBC to Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov 11

It NEVER STOPS :mat:- How dare they pay off this killer
and allow him to profit from his crimes against Michael

and use Michael Jackson's name in the Title to further exploit him :mat:

Re: MSNBC to Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov 11

That's what I'm not understanding? How was this allowed, very confusing. But, he is mistaken after a GUILTY verdict to believe this doc will help him!-_-

Last edited:

I am confused? How can they do this?
I thought the conviction means he can't profit from this case.
This is ridiculous that he don't have the guts to be on stand but say on TV?
You got to be kidding me.

Yes we will get to see Murray looking all sad at MJ's grave, Murray sipping on his martini at the pool
Murray frolicking at the beach, Murray at Disney world - Murray groping his babymama. Of course we
knew it was all staged and he was professionally photograped and now we learn he was filmed during
all these fake ass events. Then we will get to hear how much he love MJ - POOR DR MURRAY

The media has no conscience $$$$$$$$$$$

"All I wanna say is they dont really care about us .. WHAT ABOUT US" ~Michael Jackson

The Love of Money is the root of all Evil ~ GOD and Michael Jackson

The judge said something today about restitution so whatever he made he will loose soon

NBC, Nine Network, C4 to rush to air Conrad Murray doc
Adam Benzine

NBC, MSNBC, Australian broadcaster Nine Network and UK net Channel 4 are among the broadcasters that will rush to air a documentary boasting exclusive access to Dr Conrad Murray (pictured), who was today convicted for the involuntary manslaughter of late singer Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship (1 x 50-minutes) and an accompanying exclusive news interview with Murray (1 x 15-minutes) have both been produced by UK indie October Films, in association with What’s It All About? Productions.

The documentary, from director Tom Roberts, promises to explore “the surreal world inhabited by Jackson in the last three months of his life,” while also examining “his fatal friendship with the doctor he handpicked to care for himself and his children.”

The two companies secured exclusive access to Murray in November 2009, prior to him being charged, and “filmed with Dr Murray throughout the intervening two years and have continued to record with him during the trial,” according to Zodiak Rights, which is handling distribution and pre-sales for the project.

Jane Millichip, executive producer for Zodiak Rights, said: “The combination of unique access and first-rate filmmaking make this documentary and news interview truly landmark television. The collaboration of MSNBC, NBC, Nine Network and Channel 4 has been vital in delivering this great piece of television.”

Nine Network in Australia is slated to be first off the block, airing the documentary this coming Thursday (November 10), while MSNBC in the U.S. will air the documentary a day later (November 11), at 10 p.m. EST and again on Sunday (November 13) at 9 p.m. EST. Channel 4 in the UK will also transmit later this week.

Zodiak said it has brought on board more than 10 more international broadcasters who will swiftly follow with their transmissions.

The exclusive news interview with Murray was conducted by UK-based journalist Steve Hewlett on Sunday, October 30, and is billed as the only interview Murray will conduct.

Adam Bullmore, executive producer for October Films, said: “Made with remarkable levels of access and complete editorial independence, we believe this film was the most complete and accurate story of what really happened to Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray on June 25, 2009, and why.”

The news comes after a jury today found the Texas physician, who administered a powerful surgical anesthetic to Michael Jackson hours before his death in 2009, guilty of involuntary manslaughter following a six-week trial. Murray now faces up to four years in prison and the suspension of his medical license.

http://realscreen.com/2011/11/07/nbc-nine-network-c4-to-rush-to-air-conrad-murray-doc/#ixzz1d5A4wMWC

Gosh this is one of the sickest thing I've ever seen. The media just don't have integrity and dignity.

Re: MSNBC to air Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov

Let's see if the family will write a letter stating that this is in poor taste.

Arm yourself to hear a lot of lies about Michael from Muarry as he tries to show himself as an innocent doc who was charged for a crime he did not do. No doubt he will tell some nasty stories about Michael, because the trial was televised so this has to have something new in it to gain the media interest.

Re: MSNBC to air Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov

mediainquiries@msnbc.com

IN NEW YORK... IF YOU HAVE SKYPE, PLEASE PUT IT TO GOO USE. CALL. CALL. CALL. LEAVE MESSAGES...

Last edited:

what can we do to prevent this? we need a fast campaign like with discovery.

JMie maybe they gave Muarry the money already, so they may not want to stop this. The only thing we can use against them is "human decency, morality, ethics and I do not think they have any of those traits or know what they mean.

PS: The stupid thing is that this is done before sentencing and the judge will be looking at Muarry's behavior. I think that Muarry forgot that he could plead to the judge during sentencing. Now imagine the type of person Pastor is, who dealt with White and his nonsense, he is not going to look at this new information favorably. Muarry is suppose to show he is sorry or ask the family for forgiveness and this last activity does not show any of this. As Walgren said Poor Muarry!!!!

I wonder what Muarry will say when he is asked if there is anything he wants to say. I wonder if he will say as God is my witness I am innocent.

Last edited:

deleted.

ivy;3531853 said:
Adam Bullmore, executive producer for October Films, said: “Made with remarkable levels of access and complete editorial independence, we believe this film was the most complete and accurate story of what really happened to Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray on June 25, 2009, and why.”
Sorry, but what an :censored:

^^Agree. What really happened? I thought Muarry told what happened in his statement to police which we heard during the trial. You mean there is a another version. Waw why am I not surprised. How many different theories did the defense have again? now we have different truths of what really happened.

Anything he says now is a LIE. You tell the truth to save yourself from a guilty verdict. When he had the opportunity to do so he did not. Unless he only tells the truth when he gets paid for it, which is just like Muarry--always looking for 150,000 in payment!!!!!

After this doc you will see the panels on HLN, CNN, and trutv run with the information as though it is the gospel truth.

There have been many documentaries or interviews shut down because of harsh outcries from the public, fans, family, and friends of people. I'm trying to remember a recent case of a convicted killer who the media rushed to hear the killer's side of the story and promote that version as the truth of what really happened.

This is what is a slap in the face to Michael Jackson. This! Not some book or short interview segment or song release or anything remotely related. On the day that this man was convicted he is getting a chance to tell his sorry-a** version. He should have told it under oath.

This is what deserves an outpouring of anger. Murray's version no longer matters as he was convicted. Murray has nothing to lose by saying anything he wants knowing that Michael can not refute it. He had his chance to tell his story in court; he refused. The public should now refuse to hear him since he would not be under oath to state the truth.

Just when you think that Michael really got justice . . .

The thing is the people who should take the lead in something like this is the grieving family, especially since Michael has surviving children. However, rest assured that we will not hear a peek out of them. The outcry will begin with the fans and then the estate.

Another thing is that they waited to give us short notice because they knew fans would protest.

There is still time to protest. I hear the open letter is being prepared as we speak.

Adam Bullmore, executive producer for October Films, said: “Made with remarkable levels of access and complete editorial independence, we believe this film was the most complete and accurate story of what really happened to Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray on June 25, 2009, and why.” :assassin: WHY DID NOT TESTIFY AT TRIAL??? ANYTHING FOR MONEY!!!

The thing is the people who should take the lead in something like this is the grieving family, especially since Michael has surviving children. However, rest assured that we will not hear a peek out of them. The outcry will begin with the fans and then the estate.

Another thing is that they waited to give us short notice because they knew fans would protest.

This is just so, so wrong. Please don't let the family sleep on this one. No one needs to hear what Murray has to say now. What would even make people think that he would open his mouth to tell the truth. He should not have the right to profit from his crime nor even put his spin on it in the media/public.

rainbow_mj;3531899 said:
Adam Bullmore, executive producer for October Films, said: “Made with remarkable levels of access and complete editorial independence, we believe this film was the most complete and accurate story of what really happened to Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray on June 25, 2009, and why.” :assassin: WHY DID NOT TESTIFY AT TRIAL??? ANYTHING FOR MONEY!!!

Why? Because it came out of Murray's mouth, the convicted killer that is.

I'm not surprised as there was already a rumour this was coming,but I feel sickened to the core.

A convicted murderer shouldn't be allowed to profit for his crimes.It's wrong on so many levels.
I don't understand how the media can get away with such disgusting ways.

Thing is,he has no credibility,he tells nothing but lies,he even lied to paramedics in an emergency situation.Still,the media and general public will go along with whatever he says and incorporate his statements in the vision of the truth that most satisfies them.

:puke:

There is still time to protest. I hear the open letter is being prepared as we speak.

Oh thanks for this news. Of course I will sign and do what I can, but we need some strong support like from the estate. The last time they did and it helped a great deal.

So basically this Zodiak person has gotten contracts with networks in Australia,the US and the UK as well as more than 10 other international broadcasters! The media world wide is plain awful! And Murray and his evil disciples No Words - SMDH. :no:

Listen, it's best we all email and write in to complain. Do remember this though, after the 2005 trial and even before, there have been documentaries insinuating that MJ was guilty for the most hideous of crimes against children. We all know they were not true but the documentaries played out regardless and this will be the same. It's so unfortunate. They continue to vilify him even in death. Extraordinarily disgusted.*Let's hope they listen, however money means more to
These companies than our disgruntledness. It should be the estate that should be stopping this, not us alone.

I doubt anyone will care to watch this seeing as hes with bubba now. the networks must be so upset.

This is sickening. I cannot fucking believe this excuse my language. How can they get away with airing this BEFORE Judge
Pastor even sentences Murray? Surely they cannot do this.....

It doesn't only shows Murray's true colors, but it also shows what a disgusting monster the media have become. If people were upset by the News of the World scandal why aren't they upset by the immorality of things like this? Until people keep feeding this monster it will never stop.

This is sickening. I cannot fucking believe this excuse my language. How can they get away with airing this BEFORE Judge
Pastor even sentences Murray? Surely they cannot do this.....

maybe the only good thing that will come out of this will be from Judge Pastor...maybe it Will have an effect on his sentencing. the family will have a chance to go before the judge and state their feelings about murray. I hope they take righteous anger with them.
Yes, how can murray peddle his documentary and make any money? Where is the law?
This sickens me to my very core.
These media organizations are a real source of many problems with our society today. How can anyone think this is a proper and right thing to do? What happened to setting examples of decency, morality and ethics...What happened to truth? Oh I forgot. It is all about ratings and the twin gods: money and power.

Why does the media insist on being consistently anti-MJ no matter what?
I could understand why this documentary might be shown in the event that Murray was found 'not guilty'. I wouldn't agree with it of course, but I could understand why. However, Murray was found GUILTY and so the blame for MJ's death sits firmly on his shoulders. We know that, the jury know that, and anybody who observed the case will know that.
Why sympathise with the criminal by portraying his point of view? What about the victim? The purpose of this documentary is to show MJ as being desperate, drug dependent and in a complete mess. Murray will of course state that he was only trying to help MJ, that he is innocent and that MJ ultimately brought his death on himself, which of course is irrlevent.
Where is the TV documentary showing Mj's last few months from his point of view? Where's the documentary showing MJ's doctor giving him bad medical advice and acting contrary to the hypocratic oath he took? Where's the documentary that shows MJ being optimistic about his comeback and working hard to achieve it. Can we all rise up against these networks to demand for fair treatment??

CONTACT EVERY NETWORK AND DEMAND THIS SHOW IS CANCELLED!!

CHANNEL 4:

Webform
http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us

0845 076 0191

or write via
Channel 4 Enquiries,
PO Box 1058,
Belfast,
BT1 9DU.

Back