Flanagan interview on In Session

jrsfan

Proud Member
Flanagan is giving an interview on In Session coming up if anyone interested.

I saw the interview on In Session at 10 am (EST). It was so-so. I mean, he's Murray's defence lawyer, so of course I didn't expect him to outright denounce the b--ch, especially considering Chernoff has an appeal in the works--it simply would not be in any of their best interest to do that. However, some things he said in his interview would clearly hurt any attempt at an appeal any of them may embark on--mainly, Flanagan is the only defence lawyer up to date who has actually described Murray's actions as "reckless," which he did this morning on TruTV. So, in that regard, his interview was far better than the laughable bite Baldy gave on CNN last night, basically expressing his butthurt about Murray "not having a fair trial."

Flanagan at least had the respect to not criticize the jurors, the verdict, or the justice system by not saying anything like that, and of course the honesty to state the "guilty" verdict was not exactly a surprise to any of them.

However, some of the other things he said re: Murray I thought were hysterical due to their erroneous nature--Murray, not greedy? Sure, Flanny, keep dreaming! I mean, since the appeal is still very much (to them) a possibility, I know they can't exactly diss their client on live television, but he didn't even seem to believe his own words.

I'm tempted to say actions speak louder than words, and the failtastic manner in which Flanagan presented the defence's cases/ x examinations pretty much tell us not even he believes his client is innocent, and is just going through the motions to get as much money and notoriety off this thing as he possibly can. He certainly did not seem as emotionally invested in this case as Chernoff, who was pretty much in tears when they announced the guilty verdict.

So...I don't know. He did have a point that the gloating over Murray's sentence is a little morbid, but if he could understand what that man took from us, see it from our eyes and the degree of our loss, then maybe it is not morbid after all... But, he is right in stating there are no winners in this case. Michael Jackson lost his life, and he made a point to state that. However, all these other lives (including Murray's own--not that I have any sympathy whatsoever for him) became broken over this man's recklessness, idiocy, and greed.

So, I guess in conclusion, I didn't expect him to throw his client under the bus (yet) when Chernoff's trying to whip up an appeal, but he did surprise me in that he was not 100% supportive of Murray like Gourjian was on CNN.

Flanagan's a strange one, though... Never really know where he's at.

Back