Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 348 Posts

Default Re: GMA First Juror to speak out

if there is a doctor who provided the "standard of care", Michael Jackson will still be here. if there is the infusion pump, if there is the proper equipment, if Conrad Murray watched Michael Jackson, if he simply lifted Michael's chin if he found out Michael didn't breath, if conrad murray didn't delay calling 911... if Michael found other doctor... I had never seen any doctor like this, not did anything to care his patient, but did everything to kill him.

Propofol is the safe drug if used properly. and there do have the study showed it helped people with primary insomia.
    “I had good luck,” Liza says, comparing her life to the late King of Pop. “I had good friends. I had great parents, and I did not have people using me every second of my life. … I did not have people looking at me as a commodity without somebody else there to say, ‘Don’t treat her like that.”

Liza said of her friend Michael, “Think about it, that kid did more good for people than anybody will ever know, and all of his friends know it.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveforever For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loveforever View Post
    I had never seen any doctor like this, not did anything to care his patient, but did everything to kill him.
    Of course, what would have been the use of collecting informations and recordings of Michael if everything went well...

and I was so against any form of conspiration theories... smh...

elusive moonwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
    To that end maybe someone else would have got the right equipment maybe someone else would not have left him alone. Maybe someone else would have called 911 Maybe maybe maybe
    exactly. mj died cause of murrays actions. nothing else. if mj had got another dr hed prob still be here. the act in itself isnt dangerous but what murray did was. if mj knew what murray was gonna do u think he would have let him.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 1,300 Posts

Juror: We convicted Michael Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, because he didn’t call 911 first

Blames doc for providing drugs and not having life-saving equipment on hand

BY Nancy Dillon
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, November 9 2011, 11:39 AM

LIONEL CIRONNEAU/AP
    A juror in the Dr. Conrad Murray trial said she voted to convict him because he made a covert phone call to Michael Jackson’s handlers rather than dialing 911 in the moments after the drug-addled pop singer went into cardiac arrest.

Pool/Getty Images
    Dr. Conrad Murry is being held without bail after his involuntary manslaughter conviction on Monday for the death of Michael Jackson.

LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson's doctor sealed his fate when he found the heavily sedated pop icon unresponsive and failed to call 911 immediately, a juror revealed Wednesday.
    Debbie Franklin, a 48-year-old mother of two from Temple City, Calif., broke her silence on ABC's "Good Morning America" and described the nine hours of excruciating deliberations that led to Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter conviction Monday.
    She said the panel of seven men and five women did not immediately agree Friday, their first day hashing out the evidence.
    "We took a vote and it was not unanimous, so we said let's think about it over the weekend and talk about it on Monday," she told GMA. "It was stressful. It was a lot of work. Yelling, everybody was talking."
    She said it was Murray's actions, not Jackson's, that tipped the balance - particularly Murray's decision to leave a cryptic message for a member of Jackson's entourage rather than call 911 in the critical minutes after he found the King of Pop not breathing with a slight pulse on June 25, 2009.
    Murray, who never disputed that he gave Jackson the operating-room anesthetic propofol as a sleep aid, left his bedside for a bathroom break and then returned to find the "Thriller" singer in respiratory arrest.
    He said he found Jackson unresponsive around noon. The first call to paramedics went out at 12:20 p.m.
    "The three biggest things for us were the 911 call, not calling 911. That was a big issue, and not having the medical equipment in the room to put somebody under sedation and leaving the room," Franklin said.
    She said the Houston cardiologist was responsible for providing a bedroom pharmacy without proper monitoring or resuscitative equipment and should have been watching the superstar's every breath.
    "Even if Michael Jackson injected himself, which I don't think we believed, but we felt, even if he did, that wouldn't have mattered because Conrad Murray brought the situation there," she said. "He was the doctor. He was in charge."

She conceded Jackson "had a lot of issues…I believe he had addictions and dependence." But it didn't matter. Murray, 58, recklessly bent the rules when he gave Jackson propofol to fight the chronic insomnia that gripped him during rehearsals for his comeback tour, she said.
    "I really think they didn't have a lot to work with," she said of Murray's defense lawyers. "They tried to do what they could with what they had."
    Franklin said prosecutors were smart to set the bar low with a single count of involuntary manslaughter and not try for second-degree murder.
    "We absolutely agree that he did not mean to do this," she told GMA. "We don't think he even had a motive to do this. We think it was something that he was doing that was careless that got out of hand."
    She said she didn't feel bad that the judge denied Murray bail and had him led away in handcuffs.
    "I never gave it a second thought," she said. "It didn't bother me."
    But she's relieved her juror job is over and sentencing is up to the judge.
    "I'm glad I don't have to make that decision," she said. "I really have no feeling one way of the other what the sentence is. We did our job."
    The Grenada-born doctor faces up to four years in prison at his sentencing Nov. 29 and the loss of his career, at least in the U.S.
    The doctor's California medical license already is suspended, and Texas officials expect to yank his privileges in the coming weeks.
    "We've already initiated an investigation off his conviction," Leigh Hopper, spokeswoman for the Texas Medical Board, told the Daily News.
    "He has the right to a full hearing. In something like this, I don't think the process would take very long because there's really no disputing the facts of the case. He was initially convicted, and state law dictates that the medical board suspend the license of someone initially convicted of a felony," she said. "If he appeals and then a judge upholds the verdict, that final conviction would lead to a revocation of his license."
    Murray's Nevada license expired in July.
    ndillon@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1dEEYab7G

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundmind For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

The bottom line is this: yes, Michael was asking other doctors to give him propofol as he was desperately seeking something to help him sleep, but if any doctor (including Murray) is going to be stupid enough to agree to it in a home setting, the LEAST that person can do is to have the proper medical equipment, other medical personnel, called 911 immediately upon finding your patient not breathing, not leaving your patient abandoned and not lying to paramedics and ER doctors about what was administered.

I think we all agree that propofol should never have been given, but Michael was not medically trained and I suspect some other doctor had given it to him in the past by playing on his vulnerabilities in order to get paid to provide it and not give him the right advice. Murray is medically trained, and whether he is an anesthesiologist or not, he would have known that what he was doing was dangerous and could realistically lead to the death of his patient. He may have convinced Michael that the monitoring he was providing was sufficient and safe - when he knew damn well that it wasn't. Michael may have believed him when he said that monitoring was enough - Mike wouldn't know any better as he is not a doctor.

And when you suspect your patient may have a dependency issue, it is even more imperative that you take extra precautions.

Some people can point the finger at Michael and say "he wanted it and he asked around for it so he has no one else to blame but himself" - but that is a load of crap. Just like in so many other aspects of his life, Michael had disingenuous leeches surrounding him praying on his vulnerabilities. In this case it was a doctor who probably lied to him that he would be safe - so that he could get his $150,000 cheque every month.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmehta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Just saw the interview. Now I know the majority of us feel it should have been Murder 2, but let's be realistic here, it would have never got an unanimous guilty verdict. I do feel IVM is the right charge and we got the guilty verdict. I'm sure Murray never meant to kill Michael, but it was his lack of duty and negligence that killed him. Fortunately we got the right verdict here and Murray is in jail. Whether he stays there remains to be seen. That's up to Judge Pastor.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophielo For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,094 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobmoo79 View Post
    Murray was the one who got caught breaking ethical standards, but somebody else would have done it instead if he hadn't, just as they had in the past.
    OR maybe Michael would have run into a doctor who not only said NO, but would have advised Michael that he has a sleeping disorder and needs to seek out somebody who is QUALIFIED in that area.

I don't have first hand knowledge in sleeping disorders, but I'm positive that there are GOOD doctors out there with that type of expertise who would have been more than happy to help Michael get a good night sleep, WITHOUT having to be monitored.

elusive moonwalker

"Even if Michael Jackson injected himself, which I don't think we believed, but we felt, even if he did, that wouldn't have mattered because Conrad Murraybrought the situation there," she said. "He was the doctor. He was in charge."
    exactly. and thats what we have said all along aswell.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 1,248 Posts

I actually changed my mind about the charges. I had thought the pros were right to be cautious and go for IVM but after all the evidence i thought they shd have gone for murder 2. I'm not sure i see anything in the juror's statement that suggests IVM was realistically the only charge they could agree on. She seems under the impression that murray would have to have meant it and have a motive, whereas the jury instructions and the pros would make it clear that wasn't necessary for murder 2. Any juror who might have been holding out on murray not being guilty of ivm appeared to be won round v quick. I'll be interested in hearing from the other jurors before i decide murder 2 wasn't a realistic option.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonnie Blue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,070 Posts

I don't know why everybody thinks Murray is a "nice guy". What makes him so nice? The fact he tapes his patient while he is under influence? The fact he is shopping for a documentary when MJ's body is not even cold yet? The fact he's a pathological liar? He lied in the police interview and he lies in his documentary as well. So what does make him a "nice guy"?

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

elusive moonwalker

I guess based on the character witnesses. but in the end they were irrelevent as they should have been

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

so what are tmz tryin to achieve with this post??

CONRAD MURRAY JURY
    Language Barrier in Jury Room?

English was not the only language used in the jury deliberation room in Conrad Murray's case ... this according to a relative of one of the jurors ... and there may have been a language barrier in the juror room.

We're told at least 2 of the jurors began discussing the case in Spanish during the 8-hour deliberation.

A relative of one juror -- we'll call him juror A -- tells TMZ ... another juror -- juror B -- had "some trouble" understanding some of the testimony. During the deliberations juror A had to translate the testimony into Spanish to juror B.

In the questionnaire jurors were required to fill out, the first question read, "Do you have any difficulty reading, speaking or understanding English.

A spokesperson for the court tells TMZ ... no juror ever requested a court-appointed translator at any time during the trial or deliberations.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Let's talk about Michael's "issue", difficulty sleeping especially after performing. Were the words insomnia or sleeping disorder mentioned in this inerview.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michae...88817687803025

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 4,025 Posts

Remember the talking heads on In session and others all said the jury was taking long because they were having conflict with causality. Well they never get it right but still insist in presenting their opinions as facts.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,359 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill View Post
    so what are tmz tryin to achieve with this post??

CONRAD MURRAY JURY
    Language Barrier in Jury Room?

English was not the only language used in the jury deliberation room in Conrad Murray's case ... this according to a relative of one of the jurors ... and there may have been a language barrier in the juror room.

We're told at least 2 of the jurors began discussing the case in Spanish during the 8-hour deliberation.

A relative of one juror -- we'll call him juror A -- tells TMZ ... another juror -- juror B -- had "some trouble" understanding some of the testimony. During the deliberations juror A had to translate the testimony into Spanish to juror B.

In the questionnaire jurors were required to fill out, the first question read, "Do you have any difficulty reading, speaking or understanding English.

A spokesperson for the court tells TMZ ... no juror ever requested a court-appointed translator at any time during the trial or deliberations.
    Maybe just giving a bit of info that jury i suppose?