Guilty finding on Jackson's doctor a joke, says Quincy

Lucilla

Proud Member
:doh:

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/guilty-finding-on-jacksons-doctor-a-joke-says-quincy

DUBAI // Two days after Dr Conrad Murray, the personal physician of Michael Jackson, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, the star's record producer and mentor has spoken out against the result.

"It's a joke," said Quincy Jones, 78, Jackson's producer on the hit albums Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad, which together have sold more than 160 million copies.

Speaking in Dubai, Jones said if Murray had not been treating Jackson there would have been another medical practitioner doing exactly the same.

"People of Michael's stature get whatever they want, it just goes with the territory," said the producer, who has earned a record 79 Grammy nominations over five decades. "There were 40 other doctors lined up to do the same thing, whatever it is.

"I don't know why a guy would kill someone who's giving him US$150,000 [Dh551,000] a month."

MOD NOTE:
This thread has been moved to the case forum. Please keep all threads relating to Murray or the case in The Case forum so we have them all in one place for viewing _ Thanks

Shouldnt he be in a care home! after everything quincy has done his work with mj over shadows all of that. and doesnt that piss him off. go to hell old man

Last edited:
I can't believe this old bastard is still holding this stupid grudge against Michael after all these years.

Michael would have been a global superstar WITH OR WITHOUT Quincy by his side.

With friends like these, who needs enemies.

Old fart. I think that Quincy has never gotten over the fact that he was replaced by MJ. He is jealous that MJ continued to be great after he fired him. 2 Bad Quincy. I don't want him anywhere near new MJ releases or re-releases of Bad and Off The Wall.

I wonder if Quincy would feel the same if this was his child!

Did Quincy really say that?
Or its just a made-up story...?

There are several articles and interviews with Quincy and his comments that he has never said..., so... how relevant is this?

I Agree with Q.J i will not sit here and play blind to the fact that M.J wanted this and 100's of doctors was willing to do it because he was Michael Jackson the problem is would any of one them 100's of doctors show the negligence that Dr. Murray did Dr.Murray said in his new interview that he left out to make calls when in trail he said he went to the bathroom Q.J is old and may not know the facts of the case i'm sure he has other things to do then follow a trail still love and respect him and M.J #Legends

I Agree with Q.J i will not sit here and play blind to the fact that M.J wanted this and 100's of doctors was willing to do it because he was Michael Jackson the problem is would any of one them 100's of doctors show the negligence that Dr. Murray did Dr.Murray said in his new interview that he left out to make calls when in trail he said he went to the bathroom Q.J is old and may not know the facts of the case i'm sure he has other things to do then follow a trail still love and respect him and M.J #Legends

If he has other things to do instead of fallowing the trial then he should not open his stupid mouth and say that the conviction of Murray was a joke. Murray killed Michael Jackson, he was in that room, not the other 100 doctors. Murray didn't call 911, didn't perform CPR etc.

By the way by saying that Mike wanted this what do you exactly mean? He wanted to die? MJ asked for propofol in order to sleep NOT TO DIE that's why he has a doctor there, something that you and Quincy obviously don't get it. And by the way, just because he is a good producer and a "legend" doesn't mean that in this case his comment wasn't a total bullshit.

You should have paid attention to the context. He said the verdict was "a joke". Because if not for Murray there would have been other doctors and he added why would Murray want to kill MJ when he was supposed to get a $150.000 salary from him?

It's obvious Quincy doesn't know what he's talking about (it's not the first time).

1) Noone accused Murray of deliberately killing Michael. That's not what he was found guilty of. So that makes his argument moot.
2) I'm really fed up with this "if not for Murray there would have been other doctors" BS! Can someone who is parroting this mantra tell me how does that exonerate Murray? It weren't "other doctors" who didn't call 911, it weren't other doctors who lied to the paramedics and ER doctors, it weren't other doctors who gave Michael a deadly dose of Propofol. It was Murray. Other doctors, like Cheryll Lee or Dr. Metzger said no. So could have Conrad Murray.
3) Do you agree with Quincy that the verdict was a joke? So this man did everything wrong, lied, lied and lied and max. 4 years in jail, which in reality will probably only be a couple of months, is not something he deserves?

So according to Quincy there are lots of doctors out there who don't know CPR and don't call 911 when their patients need ambulance? What a moron.

If he has other things to do instead of fallowing the trial then he should not open his stupid mouth and say that the conviction of Murray was a joke. Murray killed Michael Jackson, he was in that room, not the other 100 doctors. Murray didn't call 911, didn't perform CPR etc.

By the way by saying that Mike wanted this what do you exactly mean? He wanted to die? MJ asked for propofol in order to sleep NOT TO DIE that's why he has a doctor there, something that you and Quincy obviously don't get it. And by the way, just because he is a good producer and a "legend" doesn't mean that in this case his comment wasn't a total bullshit.

Ok since you didn't read anything i said maybe i need to clear it up i said M.J wanted this it's the truth he wanted the
propofol of course he didn't want to die he had so much to live for he knew the risk of it but i understand he wanted to sleep Just like i don't think Murray meant to kill M.J he wanted the 150k a month why would he kill him on purpose i do think Murray made HUGE mistakes and acted dum that's why MJ is no longer here and thats why he was found guilty. that's what i meant and the part about the 100 doctors which i agree with Quincy there was 1 million doctors willing to risk there job just because M.J was "Michael Jackson" and sadly M.J knew it. and the comment about Q.J comments being B.S what did he say that was b.s besides saying the verdict was a joke don't be so quick to attack me because we don't share the same views i'm a fan just like you are that's the problem with many M.J fans today soon as some one has a different view you attack its a billion of us in the #MJFAM we will not all agree on everything

You should have paid attention to the context. He said the verdict was "a joke". Because if not for Murray there would have been other doctors and he added why would Murray want to kill MJ when he was supposed to get a $150.000 salary from him?

It's obvious Quincy doesn't know what he's talking about (it's not the first time).

1) Noone accused Murray of deliberately killing Michael. That's not what he was found guilty of. So that makes his argument moot.
2) I'm really fed up with this "if not for Murray there would have been other doctors" BS! Can someone who is parroting this mantra tell me how does that exonerate Murray? It weren't "other doctors" who didn't call 911, it weren't other doctors who lied to the paramedics and ER doctors, it weren't other doctors who gave Michael a deadly dose of Propofol. It was Murray. Other doctors, like Cheryll Lee or Dr. Metzger said no. So could have Conrad Murray.
3) Do you agree with Quincy that the verdict was a joke? So this man did everything wrong, lied, lied and lied and max. 4 years in jail, which in reality will probably only be a couple of months, is not something he deserves?

What Quincy is saying is the sad truth if Murray would have said no another Dr would of been there to do it just how M.J asked the nurse and she said no im sure he went on and found someone else in no way am i saying Murray's not guilty he is if i could control anything i would of made sure another Dr.would of gave it M.J b/c maybe they would of knew what they was doing im saying maybe Quincy didn't follow the trail so maybe he doesn't know all the things we know that's all im saying maybe he should do his research before he speak on things but hey he didn't say anything wrong besides the verdict was a joke

Although I commented on this topic yesterday in another thread. I still want to say I lost my respect to QJ long time ago. QJ is a great producer but as a human being, lots of his comments toward MJ showed how ignorant he is. Like he said MJ want to bleach himself to be white etc. It's clear that he didn't understand this trial. Yes, MJ might want propofol but the doctor always have choice. Many of the doctors testified in the trial said they won't do it no matter how much money they can get, and it's also what doctors should do. Murray said yes and he did so many reckless acts so the ending is like this. That's why he was the one on trial. QJ should really shut his mouth up if he doesn't know the thing.

What Quincy is saying is the sad truth if Murray would have said no another Dr would of been there to do it just how M.J asked the nurse and she said no im sure he went on and found someone else in no way am i saying Murray's not guilty he is if i could control anything i would of made sure another Dr.would of gave it M.J b/c maybe they would of knew what they was doing im saying minaybe Quincy didn't follow the trail so maybe he doesn't know all the things we know that's all im saying maybe he should do his research before he speak on things but hey he didn't say anything wrong besides the verdict was a joke
Maybe that other doctor would have monitored Michael. Maybe that other doctor would have bought the right equipment. Maybe that other doctor would have called 911. Maybe that other doctor would have cared

Ok since you didn't read anything i said maybe i need to clear it up i said M.J wanted this it's the truth he wanted the
propofol of course he didn't want to die he had so much to live for he knew the risk of it but i understand he wanted to sleep Just like i don't think Murray meant to kill M.J he wanted the 150k a month why would he kill him on purpose i do think Murray made HUGE mistakes and acted dum that's why MJ is no longer here and thats why he was found guilty. that's what i meant and the part about the 100 doctors which i agree with Quincy there was 1 million doctors willing to risk there job just because M.J was "Michael Jackson" and sadly M.J knew it. and the comment about Q.J comments being B.S what did he say that was b.s besides saying the verdict was a joke don't be so quick to attack me because we don't share the same views i'm a fan just like you are that's the problem with many M.J fans today soon as some one has a different view you attack its a billion of us in the #MJFAM we will not all agree on everything

First of all, I did read what you said and you didn't clarify what "he wanted this" was, thanks for clarifying it. Now, the fact that there were a 100 doctors who would have given MJ propof doesn't take anything away from what Murray did and Q.J by saying that is actually giving Murray a support.
I would have expected from Quincy, since he was MJ friend, to have given a bit of a support to his dead friend, but i guess i was expecting too much from a man who soon after MJ died he claimed that Mike didn't want to be black. Maybe Quincy was right in this case also, who knows.
I don't have a problem with people having different opinion than mine, i do have a problem with people making ignorant and foolish statements though. And for me saying that the verdict was a joke, is a foolish, to put it politelly comment.I also have a problem that Quincy Jones, who is so much respected among the show biz people and the general public and his opinion is valued deeply, istead of saying something possitive or at least supportive for his dead friend, he ones again throws him under the bus.

He has got a point when saying that 40 other docs would do the same, but thats all i agree with. I dont know if stars of MJs stature get all they want. His life was filled with tabloid bs, lawsuits etc and im sure he didnt want that.

quincy is right in one thing, michael would have get other doctors to give him propofol or anything to sleep.
but there are several other reasons why murray is guilty.

btw i thought quincy was a friend? :huh: did i miss anything?

TYPICAL,

He shrugged off the fact that MJ had lupus, and thought vitiligo was an "excuse".

Not surprised.

Back