Ben is in the HOT SEAT!!!!!!!

Sophielo

Proud Member
Sorry that this has been on hiatus for a while but lets bring this back with a passion. For all those that made requests in July until now please resubmit them if you still want to to this. In the meantime I'll start with the requests from this month so.........Hello Ben :ciao:

So Ben, first of all what is your favourite Michael Jackson song?

What is your favourite ice cream flavour?

If you were going into a bar what would you order to drink?

Where do you live ? Where do you / would like to go on holidays ?

So Ben, first of all what is your favourite Michael Jackson song? Very very hard to say, because it depends on the moment, and the mood I'm in. Special mentions for Human Nature, One day in your life, Thriller, because they remind me of a lot of sweet childhood feelings. And Ben, because when I was a little Ben myself, that song sounded : kqshoerhgkqzndflmqekjrg Beeeeeeeennnn!!! Of course I was AMAZED that Michael was singing to ME!! (I'll pass on the disillusion afterwards...)

Favorite ice cream : mint

Drink in a bar : probably beer

Job : elementary school teacher; actually 20 8 year olds.

Pets : yep, got the most amazing dog named Jack, the kind with a beard.

Siblings : 2 sisters, I'm the middle one.

Location : physically? North east of France, but I'm in exile; just asked to be transferred back home in the Caribbean where I was born and raised. Please cross all your fingers.

Holiday place : I'm in love with the UK, from the northern coasts of Scotland to the white cliffs of Dover. I like the US too, but it's not as exotic to me anymore.

Pets : yep, got the most amazing dog named Jack, the kind with a beard.

Location : physically? North east of France, but I'm in exile; just asked to be transferred back home in the Caribbean where I was born and raised. Please cross all your fingers.

thanks. A dog with a beard ???? A scottish terrier ???? I 'll keep all my fingers crossed, even my toes.

100_1036.jpg

Guys, Jack. Jack, these are the guys.

He comes from a shelter, was weaned too early, beaten, and obviously not fed correctly because he was eating cigarettes butts and paper towels when I got him. He's some kind of reincarnation of Gandhi.

@Bouee, thanks. I really want to leave. :(

Hi Jack !! I loove dogs .... too much. I go crazy around dogs ! All my dogs came from shelters too. Well I'm glad Jack found a loving home !

I love animals, they have this innocent look. And never lie. I had a cat for 11 years before. He died of cancer. :'(

OMG I nearly missed Ben in the hot seat. *rubs Jacks tummy*

I think I might be able to guess some of these.

1. Favourite book?

2. Favourite film?

3. If you were invisible for a day is there anyone you would like to slap? (can be more than one) :)

4. Do you have a favourite era of history?

5. Michael aside, who do you admire most and why?

6. Favourite quote?

1. Favourite book?

2. Favourite film?

3. If you were invisible for a day is there anyone you would like to slap? (can be more than one) :)

4. Do you have a favourite era of history?

5. Michael aside, who do you admire most and why?

6. Favourite quote?

I was wondering how long it would take you to torture me here... Indeed, not too many surprises for you :

1) LOTR :)

2) LOTR :p

3) Just slap? my former school principal who hated my guts but I won (hehehe), my supervisor who's the most incompetent idiot ever, Latoya (more than once), Janet (wont get over the fur thing, it's juts so mean and selfish). And a few political leaders.

4) The middle ages. I might have spent a former life there, in the UK. It's the only explanation I've found

5) JRR Tolkien, Victor Hugo. Visionaries, in different areas. They both blow my mind.

6) It's more than a quote, it's a way of life :

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/entries/130-Desiderata

That's very cool Ben. I too hope you get your transfer, everything crossed :)

What's your favourite food from the UK? ;)

What's the best thing any of your student kids ever said to you or about you?

What's your favourite food from the UK? ;)

What's the best thing any of your student kids ever said to you or about you?

It depends, you got some tins for me? :wild: BAKED BEANS RULE!!! And you guys have the best tea ever.

Oh wow, tough one, there have been so many over the years.
- It would be cool if you were my mum (that one made me cry because his mother was such a b****)
- You're my favorite teacher in the whole world
- You're tooooooo beautiful (1st graders are easily impressed by a dress, lol)
- You have a MOTHER???
- I cant sing that song, who do you think I am, Michael Jackson?... By the way, could you play the zombie song again?
- People were mean to Michael Jackson, it was not his fault if he was sick and had all his skin color fading away. Poor man. :)cry:)

Last edited:
If you could be reincarnated as anything- What would you come back as?

Tough one... I thought about a dolphin for the freedom and the exhilarating speed.
But I guess in the end I'd like to come back as a much wiser and more peaceful person. I'd like to reach that peace.
"The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred" : thats who I'd like to be

Ultimately though, I'd like to go back as a Hobbit of the Shire, but that's another story. :)

Last edited:
Hi, Mirabella (cute name btw),

That signature is in Quenya, language of the Elves of Valinor. Ok, you can only understand what I'm talking about if you're a Tolkien fan, which I am. :D
It's the actual translation of I'll be there always.

Hi, Mirabella (cute name btw),

That signature is in Quenya, language of the Elves of Valinor. Ok, you can only understand what I'm talking about if you're a Tolkien fan, which I am. :D
It's the actual translation of I'll be there always.

Thanks!
oh no unfortunately i havent read Tolkien's books and even haven't watched that movie.

Unless you hate that kind of stories, which happens (although I dont get how lol), you're missing out, big time.

wow what wise answers, Ben ;)
Awwww Jack is a sweetie :blush:

Okay, What inspired you to become a 1st grade teacher?

What lessons you teach are the most 'rewarding' ?

Okay, What inspired you to become a 1st grade teacher?

What lessons you teach are the most 'rewarding' ?

I cant talk of inspiration actually. Call it luck, destiny, I dont know. I was watching TV on day and I saw a kindergarden teacher. Thats when I knew I wanted to do that. The first part of my training year was a nightmare, and the irony was I hated kindergarden. :hysterical:

First students I had were a revelation. It was me, it was were I was supposed to be. I am not a 1st grade teacher btw, lol, I teach 3rd grade this year, and also had 4th and 5th graders.

I dont think there are any lesson that is more rewarding than another. It's the light in the eyes of a kid that suddenly gets it thats amazing. When they finally realize they're not dumb at all, that they can do it.

I cant talk of inspiration actually. Call it luck, destiny, I dont know. I was watching TV on day and I saw a kindergarden teacher. Thats when I knew I wanted to do that. The first part of my training year was a nightmare, and the irony was I hated kindergarden. :hysterical:

First students I had were a revelation. It was me, it was were I was supposed to be. I am not a 1st grade teacher btw, lol, I teach 3rd grade this year, and also had 4th and 5th graders.

I dont think there are any lesson that is more rewarding than another. It's the light in the eyes of a kid that suddenly gets it thats amazing. When they finally realize they're not dumb at all, that they can do it.

Sowwy about the BOLD stuff :blush: it must be really 'rewarding' to see that 'gleam' in their eyes of 'I did it'...

That's OK, lol I had 1st graders too.

It's not rewarding for me, but to see they understand how smart they truly are. I work in a poor neighborhood, and they usually think, as well as their parents, that they're dumb. :(

WOW thats COOL... YOU surely create your HIStory too ;) caring for these kids...

don't you ever get sad, hurt or angry if you see the 'condition' of those kids???
I know it would make me :cry: then again... I'm the 'over sensitive' one concerning kids...
I admire your job :clap:

It makes me incredibly mad most of the times, incredibly sad. Physically sick a lot of times. Called an idiot and looked down on by nice colleagues who told me repeatedly that those kids were not mine.The worst part is being so helpless, because as much as I do at school, they still go back to the same lame parents at the end of the day, and get their self confidence crushed once more. It's an endless battle, emotionally exhausting for me.
But you just cant give up, otherwise it would mean absolutely no one cares.

It makes me incredibly mad most of the times, incredibly sad. Physically sick a lot of times. Called an idiot and looked down on by nice colleagues who told me repeatedly that those kids were not mine.The worst part is being so helpless, because as much as I do at school, they still go back to the same lame parents at the end of the day, and get their self confidence crushed once more. It's an endless battle, emotionally exhausting for me.
But you just cant give up, otherwise it would mean absolutely no one cares.

okay, I :clap: what you do and how much 'passion' and L.O.V.E you put in your job... The world NEEDS more peeps like you...

Anyway, Don't know if this is already asked but...

At the end of a day at work... What is your ultimate relax? What really calms you down and gets you 'ready' for another day in the 'battlefield' called "work" ?

?Hope you a great day though ;)

Back