Dr. Conrad Murray Tells Lawyers: I Want To Speak At My Sentencing Hearing

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-speak-sentencing-michael-jackson-death-trial

Dr. Conrad Murray has told his lawyers that he wants to formally address the court and Los Angeles Judge Michael Pastor at his upcoming sentencing hearing in the Michael Jackson death case, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the King of Pop's shocking death and is currently behind bars pending the hearing slated for Tuesday, November 29.

The doctor -- who has had his medical license in California yanked -- has told his legal team that he will be speaking at the sentencing hearing.

"Dr. Murray wanted to testify, and feels that if he had, there is no way he would have been convicted. Murray is livid that his lawyers didn't put him on the stand and has said he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy. Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions. Murray plans on appealing and wants the judge to give him probation only for killing Michael Jackson," a source close to the situation says.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Murray's decision to participate in a documentary about the trial could be used at his sentencing hearing.

The convicted felon sat down with the Today Show before being found guilty of killing Jackson on June 25, 2009.

"I don't feel guilty, because I did not do anything wrong, I am very, very sorry for the loss of Michael... Michael is a personal friend. It's heartfelt. It's been painful," Murray told Today's Savannah Guthrie.

Murray's interview with Guthrie and a British reporter, as well as the documentary, which aired in the U.S. on MSNBC, could be played by the District Attorney during the proceedings.

It's expected that several Jackson family members will make victim impact statements at the hearing, and Michael's children could write letters to the judge that could be read aloud in court by the Jacksons.

Murray could be sentenced to four years in state prison.

Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions

That's the problem. If this is true, he REALLY doesn't understand.

he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy.
ok he plans to plead with the judge, begging him for mercy so he doesn't leave (throw) him in jail...

yet he
Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions.

doesn't wanna take any responsibility for his actions nor admit any guilt, are we in a twilight zone? Go ahead Felon Murray take your shot!
(Idk know how true this is considering it comes from RO, but knowing Murray's narcissistic nature, I wouldn't be shocked if this is indeed what he plans to do.

Dr. Murray wanted to testify, and feels that if he had, there is no way he would have been convicted. Murray is livid that his lawyers didn't put him on the stand and has said he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy. Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions. Murray plans on appealing and wants the judge to give him probation only for killing Michael Jackson," a source close to the situation says.
:doh::crazy:bs if this is true ill :rollin: becasue the only way u can get some sort of mercy is if you admit what you did and say you are sorry and plead for forgivness. saying im innocent i did nothing wrong aint gonna get you probation. im sure this is a joke cause murray thinks if he testfied he wouldnt have been convicted sorry but :rollin: and pastor made it clear if he wanted to testify he should. its his decision not his lawyers. out of all the :bs articles we have had over the last 2 years this one gets first prize. go ahead let murray speak pastor wont have to hear anything else. it will be 4 years and :ciao:

You know if he admitted his wrong doing and showed genuine remorse it would be in his own best interest, but he doesn't even have the brain capacity to comprehend that, I wouldn't even waste my time to hear what lies he has to say, just bring on the sentencing!

Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... hold on one damn second. This is truly groundbreaking news. So Murray's evil twin snuck into the room and gave MJ the propofol, failed to do proper CPR, neglected to call 911, and lied to the medics?! Of course, it's all so clear now!

On another note, I'm going to go and have my moon vacation now. I plan on taking my own chocolate spaceship, guided by flying pigs with space helmets. :girl_whistle:

'Murray is livid that his lawyers didn't put him on the stand'

How many times did Judge Pastor ask Murray if he wanted to take the stand?...it seemed to be nearly every day for the last week of proceedings. He was TOLD it was HIS decision ALONE! .......So now it is his lawyers' fault he didn't take the stand????
This man cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING he does, or any decisions HE takes!!!!!!! SMDH

Extract from media reports starting Oct 31st (p18 of media thread).
Dr. Conrad Murray told Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor that he has thought about whether to testify and has consulted with his attorney. But Murray says he hasn't made a final decision and will advise the judge in the morning of his decision.
Pastor asked Murray if he had made a decision after jurors had left the courtroom on Monday.
The judge told Murray he has a constitutional right to testify and the right to testify. He has previously given Murray the same advisement of his rights.

L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in
Dr. Conrad Murray declines to testify in Michael Jackson death trial
November 1, 2011 | 10:45 am

Michael Jackson’s doctor will not testify at his trial for involuntary manslaughter, he said in court Tuesday.
“My decision is that I will not testify in this matter,” Dr. Conrad Murray said.

Had he chosen to take the stand in the downtown Los Angeles courthouse, Murray likely would have faced blistering cross-examination by prosecutors.
Witnesses have testified that he lied numerous times and made egregious medical missteps in the care of the music superstar.

After informing Murray of his dual constitutional rights to testify and to remain silent, Judge Michael Pastor asked the doctor Tuesday, “What is your decision?”
Murray paused, looked to his lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff and then to his left at two other lawyers and said, “My decision is to not testify -- .”
His response was interrupted by a prosecutor who objected to a “narrative answer.” The judge asked Murray again and he replied, “My decision is that I will not testify in this matter.”
The judge asked Murray if his decision was his alone.
“You are making this decision based on your own free will?” Pastor asked.
“Yes,” Murray said.
Chernoff added that he had conferred with his client about the decision “many times” and that the doctor understood his rights “very well.”

Murray has pleaded not guilty and faces four years in prison and the loss of his medical licenses if convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...l-jackson.html

Last edited:
has said he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy.

LOL what is he gonna do... bend down on his knees & beg? gosh that would be funny to see though

ok he plans to plead with the judge, begging him for mercy so he doesn't leave (throw) him in jail...

yet he

doesn't wanna take any responsibility for his actions nor admit any guilt, are we in a twilight zone? Go ahead Felon Murray take your shot!
(Idk know how true this is considering it comes from RO, but knowing Murray's narcissistic nature, I wouldn't be shocked if this is indeed what he plans to do.

Did these guys make up this article? Muarry can make a statement to the court, because they ask "do you have anything to say." However, how can he plead for mercy when he shows no remorse as evidenced in his documentary and interview that Pastor already looked at. He already said several times that he did nothing wrong. He is not even admitting that giving prof without proper monitoring was wrong, and he expects the court to have mercy? Muarry lost his mind in lockup, that is, if he did not lose it before 09.

Here he goes again blaming everyone but himself. He blamed Michael, Klien, Adams, the poor assistant and now his attorneys. Doesn't stupid Muarry know there are transcripts of the judge asking him about his decision to testify.

Last edited:
This man loves to blame others for his doin! O_O The Judge told him it's his decision and he said no thank u! So what is the issue? Instead of jail it should be a mental insistution they throw him in! :crazy

That's beautiful. Remember guys, nothing is ever Conrad Murray's fault. Damn those two fiends Chernoff and Flanagan straight to bloody Hell for physically restraining Murray by chaining him to his chair and duct taping his mouth shut a la Casey Anthony. How dare they!?!?

It was very clear from his various struggles to break free from his bondage that Conrad Murray was dying to testify, but with Chernoff and Flanagan sitting at either side of him guarding the invisible fence which prevented Murray from taking the stand (or even opening his mouth to plea or motion for help) at all times, he could not do this.

At the end of the day, it was really Chernoff and Flanagan who prevented Murray from having a fair trial all along.

Poor Conrad Murray. :(

(I hope Judge Pastor understands!)

Murray would be making another huge mistake if he plans to appeal for mercy to the judge but not taking any blame or responsibility for his actions. He really hasn't thought this through has he?

I don't believe that for a nanosecond. I watched murray when walgren was giving the third degree to the addiction doc, Waldman, and murray was just staring wideeyed at walgren and you could almost see the thought bubble above his head saying, there is no way in hell i'm getting up on that stand to be pulvarised in the cross. The interview murray had in the us with someone guthrie, he got off pretty easy, eg what were mj's last words, and the interview with the ch4 guy when things got a little tricky murray just got up and said we'll do this in part 2, which of course never happened. No time outs with walgren during a cross-exam, Walgren would have destroyed him and he knew it - that's why he didn't testify. Coward.

Why take the stand? We already know everything we need thanks to that little TV performance, dont we? He wants to add a few crocodile tears to the picture?

While I don't believe that Murray ever had a serious longing to be on the stand, since he had about every opportunity..I can totally see why the megalomaniac in him would think that the lawyers 'screwed up' yaddayadda. Someone like Murray would not think he's in in jail because he's guilty as sin, nope, it's gotta be someone else's fault. Mike's already dead and blamed for it, so of course it's someone else's fault.

I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, that's how livid I think that guy is underneath the crocodile tears. "Livid" is a pretty good descriptions for the few seconds of him dropping that mask face he had on in the courtroom.

^His demeanour worries me to. I can imagine his resentment against mj growing in that jail cell and i fully expect him to sell stories about his relationship with mj when he comes out in x yrs time. He showed mj no loyalty whatsoever within 48hrs of his death in that 'tec interview, so after a number of yrs in prison, he'll prob say anything for the right price.

I have no doubt about that. He'll sell his "story" as soon as he can. Well, he already started actually, and he'll need money. I wonder if someone will be interested after the fiasco of the doc, but I'm pretty sure he'll write a book.

He deserves that Bubba cell mate

Poor Conrad Murray...
e3e94a6a211a112aa48fcbf589cf0db9.gif
Music_notes_by_b_the_N.gif

Well, you know, this is a bit scary. His words and voiced intentions, if true, indicate that he has totally divorced himself from the reality of what happened on 25 June. I wonder if he has convinced himself he IS an innocent man. Or is he just playing a game? By constantly acting in what he considers an 'innocent' manner has he deluded himself into believing he is innocent of any responsibility for his actions? He consistently acts as if believes he did the right thing. His obvious lack of remorse for anything not least of which the delay in calling 911 speaks volumes about how he thinks. Add this to the rest of what we know about him, his women and children, his failures to pay child support, his cardiology clinic with no registered nurse employed, his having a camera crew follow him for that damn documentary...well, this makes him appear as someone who thinks he can make his own rules, consequences be damned. And someone who thinks he can have his way if he only keeps repeating he is innocent.
But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success.

This IMO makes him a scary individual indeed. Who knows what he might be capable of if he does not get his own way?

of course he wanted to testify, but lucky for him his lawyers didn't let him. This guy's reality is not the same as everyone elses. I honestly believe the article when it says murray thinks he wouldn't be convicted if he testified. He has tickets on himself and thinks he can charm anyone. Look at how much he wants to talk.....doing interviews and documentaries.....he believes he did no wrong because he sees himself as above everyone else. He thinks so highly of himself that he no doubt thinks he could sweet talk the judge (and the jurors if he had the chance). His arrogance is his greatest enemy. Let him speak i say, look how bad it's made him look already. The judge listening to his self serving, entiltled, arrogant defence of himself will only serve to make him look worse. Every time he opens his trap he either lies or make you wanna slap him so go for it murray, can't wait to have another laugh.

Poor Conrad Murray...
e3e94a6a211a112aa48fcbf589cf0db9.gif
Music_notes_by_b_the_N.gif

:rollin:

After his shameful interview and docu i could imagine how wacky he'd look in the courtstand while Walgren's cross. So if it was defenders who adviced him not to testyfy he may thank them for that. It's a question of his disgusting demeanor and scuttle and not of anything else.
I see whatever he did or going to do he looks just like an idiot.

Let him speak, can only make the sentencing more severe!

Let him speak, can only make the sentencing more severe!
exactly let him stand there and speak on his behalf, let him restate what he stated in the documentary/interview, let him wipe away non existing tears like he did in that interview.

Yes I think you're right, if he speaks it will only make things worse for him. And I'd love it if he digged his own grave in court.

But I'm thinking about the family, especially the kids, and selfishly about myself : I'm so tired and disgusted by his lies and insults to Michael, that I'd prefer him to keep his mouth shut. It's like a slap in the face to Michael and his kids every time he says something.

Why can't he understand that what is done is done, the only thing he can do now to bring a little peace to everyone, including himself, is tell the truth ?

Back