Conrad Murray lawyers ask for probation

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Conrad Murray lawyers ask for probation | abc7.com

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Attorneys for Conrad Murray have filed court papers seeking probation for the doctor for his involuntary manslaughter conviction in the 2009 death of pop singer Michael Jackson.

Murray is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday and could face up to four years in prison.

The attorneys cited the increased cost to the state in incarcerating Murray in protective custody. They also cite Murray's humble background and state he is not a dangerous person.

In court papers, defense attorneys asked for a "sentence of probation with substantial community service as a means of repaying his debt to society."

The prosecution recommended "the defendant be sentenced to state prison for 4 years, be ordered to pay appropriate restitution to Michael Jackson's children, and be ordered to pay all requisite fines under the law."

The prosecution estimates restitution, including Jackson's projected earnings from the 50-concert "This Is It" tour and associated funeral expenses, total nearly $102 million. The restitution would be paid to Jackson's children, considered the "victims" in the case.

(Copyright ©2011 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

https://twitter.com/#!/abc7MurrayTrial
abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Prosecutor are asking that Dr. Murray be sentenced to the maximum of 4 years in prison and pay restitution of nearly $102 million.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Defense attorneys have just filed their sentencing memorandum in the Conrad Murray case asking the judge to sentence him to probation only.
3 minutes ago

^Unsurprising, although Flanny does not seem very hopeful. Dunno about Cherry Pie.

And that $100M motion, very proper. Murray does owe at least that, although nothing will bring Michael back. =(

Imo he'll serve on probation only the least year of his sentence. Maybe the last half. Hard to say, but not the whole sentence, which I'm betting it will be around 3 years.

Unfortunately I do not think he will be jailed the full four years, although Flanagan is expecting him to be maxed. The reason for my pessimism is the current overcrowding issue in the prison system over there--perhaps he will only serve time at a county prison, or as you say have probation during the final year of his sentence. It would be a joke, though... although four years to be perfectly honest are a total joke.

Still, don't think Pastor likes him very much at all, and I think his sentiments regarding the present circumstances are similar to our own. He appears to be disgusted by Murray, as he rightly should be.

Anyone who isn't, regardless of their stance on Michael, has something not quite right upstairs.

LOL and im the popes love child (no offence) did baldy have his fingers crossed when he wrote that motion!!!

I guess murray has done a 180 after spending all of a few weeks in prison. yeah right. !!!!!!

I guess murray has done a 180 after spending all of a few weeks in prison. yeah right. !!!!!!
even if he sheds and shows remorse at sentencing it's gonna be fake, he'l;l cry only for himself not for what he did to michael. I hope Judge Pastor is not fooled

Wow, Baldy's really movin' his a-- to try and get Murray probation, eh! Unfortunately for him, actions speak louder than words (and in this instance, not even the latter are on his side [see Murray doc/interview]), so the prognosis does not look very good for homeboy.

I'm hoping he will get maxed.

Back