The band Bread

HIStory

Proud Member
It was mentioned by Frank Cascio that Michael loved the band Bread and he made Frank get to know them and they became Frank's favorite as well. To be honest I have never heard of this band before so I looked up a couple of songs from them. It's great music indeed. They were popular in the 70s.

Bread was a rock band from Los Angeles, California. They placed 13 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart between 1970 and 1977 and were a prime example of what later was labeled soft rock.

The band consisted of David Gates (vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, violin, viola, percussion), Jimmy Griffin (vocals, guitar, keyboards, percussion), Robb Royer (bass, guitar, flute, keyboards, percussion, recorder, backing vocals), Mike Botts (drums; joined in 1970), and Larry Knechtel (bass, guitar, keyboards, harmonica; replaced Royer in 1971).

Yes Bread was a very popular band in the 70's They had a lot of great songs mostly ballads
and beautiful melodies and lyrics which I think attracted Mj to the Band. some of my favorite
songs were "Lost without your love" , "Baby Ima Want you" " I want to make it with you"

thanks for this !!! I just listened to the first one, and it was a hit in the 80s, at least in Europe. Culture Club did a version of it, that's how I knew it :

I have to go now, but I'll come back to listen to the other songs !

^^ I knew the first melody was familiar. I have heard the Boy George version before but not the original.

Back