The X Factor USA -- It’s Michael Jackson Week!

bluesky

Proud Member
The X Factor USA Top 7 Performance & Elimination Spoilers! It’s Michael Jackson Week!

BY ROBERTA FERGUSON ON NOVEMBER 28, 2011 | COMMENT
x-factor-top-7.jpg

The top seven will be performing on this week’s performance episode of The X Factor USA — and we’ve got some handy scoop for you!
This week, like last week, will also feature a double elimination. In addition to that, we’ve learned that Wednesday’s show will feature tracks from the Michael Jackson songbook!
On Thursday, we’ve learned that British rapper Tinie Tempah will be performing his new song, Pass Out.
So after learning that this will be Michael Jackson week, we will speculate who will be singing what.
Rachel Crow – You Are Not Alone
Drew – Human Nature
Astro – Smooth Criminal
Marcus Canty – Bad
Chris Rene – Beat It
Josh Krajcik – I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
Melanie Amaro – The Way You Make Me Feel

These are just guesses, based on what we would like for the top seven to sing. We have yet to hear the actual song list for Wednesday’s show. If you know, you can always email us!
Update: Astro just tweeted this message out to all of his Astronauts, “Done at rehearsal space. Headed back to studio to tweak the track! Gotta get MJ perfect!”
TELL US: What do you want the top seven remaining contestants to perform on Wednesday night? What is your favorite MJ song? Sound off in the comments — we want to know!

http://earsucker.com/2011/the-x-fac...limination-spoilers-its-michael-jackson-week/

thanks for letting us know! I am excited, I love the X Factor USA!

I will see this week performances as the show's way of supporting Michael after the trial.

Cool. I am going to watch this. I just hope they'll chose other songs than the suggested ones. MJ didn't do just Thriller and Bad. He had other great albums with amazing songs!

This is great news! A good andidote to all the trial crp.
I hope the Estate have put together a nice shiny new montage video and some killer stats to impress the audience. It would be nice if the montage included some later MJ videos like maybe some clips from the HIStory tour, potentially MSG and some HIStory era videos too.
Usually these shows concentrate on J5, OTW, Thriller and BAD too much. Give MJ credit for all the post 80s work!

I've been wondering if the UK X Factor will do MJ week this year. So far nothing.

The X Factor USA is like watching legends perform compared to the UK version. I always hate MJ weeks on talent shows though, as a fan nothing can even compare.

I dont really watch x factor USA but will do for MJ week.
It's really good. I've been following from the beginning and a lot of the times, it's been a nail biter. Lol.
A few contestants have already performed some of MJ's songs.....they did pretty good.

Thanks Bluesky for the post. :) I look forward to seeing how they represent.

I think it's a good thing when people sing Michael's songs. There is no way they will sing it like Michael (no one will) but it's good exposure. Over the years before Michael died I see like shows and people would sing everybody's songs but not Michael's. There might be people who don't know Michael or his songs. They watch and like the song and want to find out more about Michael. That's how I look at it.

[h=3]HEE HEE! IT’S MICHAEL JACKSON WEEK![/h]POSTED: 11:09PM on 11/28/2011

You know you can’t have a singing competition without paying tribute to one of the greatest artists of all time – Michael Jackson. This week, the Top 7 finalists will be competing head-to-head while channeling their inner MJ!
We can’t imagine how challenging it’ll be for the finalists to put their own spin to the King of Pop’s legendary songs. And we can’t wait to find out who’s going to be performing which song.
Who’ll take the ballads? Who’s going to moonwalk onstage? Who’s going to thrust their hips? And of course, who’s going to have the show-stopping performance that typified MJ? We have a feeling that Style Architect June Ambrose is going to have a ball with this week’s theme. Let the white gloves, military jackets, and glittery socks rock THE X FACTOR stage!
Michael Jackson clearly needs no introduction. If anyone has the X factor, it’s him and Paula Abdul even has him as one of her all time greats. With hundreds of millions of records sold worldwide, he is undeniably one of the most enduring artists in history and his album Thriller is the best selling album of all time, like ever!
His music videos for “Beat It,” “Thriller,” and “Billie Jean” transformed the music video format into an art form. His mark on the world transcends just the music industry. From style to popular culture to dance, he has made insurmountable contributions as a singer, performer, and pop icon. He was also an incredible humanitarian and philanthropist, and continues to be through the amazing charitable work he inspired.
A global phenomenon for over four decades, Michael Jackson passed away at the age of 50 in 2009, but his spirit still lives on and his influence still permeates every aspect of our lives.
IMMORTAL is the new album from Michael Jackson, released on Nov. 21 2011, and is the soundtrack for Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil currently travelling though North America.
Through IMMORTAL fans can experience Michael Jackson’s music again. MJ’s greatest original recordings are re-imagined, offering a unique take to Michael’s artistry while preserving the power and familiarity of his unparalleled voice and his legendary tracks. It’s a must buy album, and a must see show for any die-hard MJ fans.
So the Top 7 have a lot to live up to, right?! We can’t wait to see what the finalists will have in store for us this week. Which of them will make the King of Pop proud?
Be sure to watch the Top 7 perform this Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 8/7 on FOX! And watch the results show this Thursday, Dec. 1 at 8/7C when Tinie Tempah performs and two more finalists will be eliminated! You don’t want to miss it.
What do you love about Michael Jackson? Which Michael Jackson song should each of the finalists sing? Hit us with your comments below!

http://www.thexfactorusa.com/articl...on-week?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

I've seen this show but if they're honoring MJ by singing his songs I will most definitely be tuning in tonight. :D

LA Reid has been promoting Immortal on Twitter while talking about X Factor's Michael Jackson week.

I've been wondering if the UK X Factor will do MJ week this year. So far nothing.
I have also been hoping for a Michael Jackson week :( , really disappointing. However, there have been some candidates who have performed MJ songs:
Amelia: Billie Jean (awful), The Risk:Thriller and Janet: I Want You Back

Great! I'd also encourage fans to post their positive comments about Michael on the site!

They are asking us to tell them what we like most about Michael and that's a nice platform we can use to talk about Michael's amazing greatness as an artist as well as a humanitarian and human being!

I'll sure be writing in! :)

And young ASTRO sampled NEVER CAN SAY GOOD-BYE". :)
...and one of the Top 8 girls sang "I Want You Back" on first audition! :)

And one of the Top 8 contestants in over-30 category was a woman who sang (as a child) ending vocals on "Heal The World" on "Dangerous" album. :)

By the way, who is your favorite?

Imagine that! Josh was up first with Dirty Diana. He rocked it out but Simon had some bold
critisism for him. *shrug* That's Simon for you. Lol!

Tuned in to check this out (never watched this show before except a little of the first one of the season) and was surprised to find Katherine, MJ's kids and Bros there!

I think it's a good thing when people sing Michael's songs. There is no way they will sing it like Michael (no one will) but it's good exposure. Over the years before Michael died I see like shows and people would sing everybody's songs but not Michael's. There might be people who don't know Michael or his songs. They watch and like the song and want to find out more about Michael. That's how I look at it.

Well actually, American Idol had an MJ week a few months before his death.

Oh I didn't expect to see MJ kids when they said the family would be there. I thought they meant the brothers? lol I just saw the kids and I was like OH! O_O lol

Dang. I'm gonna have to record and watch it later. Anyone in school have finals in the next few weeks? :bugeyed

Anyway, it's really wonderful that there is more and more promotion like this for the Immortal album. Is it the trial that has caused all these MJ "promotions" to happen? Books, TV specials, an album, I've even seen them reairing commercials for the Michael Jackson Experience game. Haven't seen those commericals for over half a year. I guess there was a molecule of good that actually came from the whole mess. All these celebrations of Michael's work will help remind everyone what Michael was REALLY about, great way to put the trial behind us.

Back