Possible DVD release of Jackson 5 Cartoon!!

charismatic

Proud Member
[h=1]The Jackson 5ive - Possible DVD Release for the 1971 Animated Rankin/Bass-Produced Series?[/h]
[h=2]Look for the show to come home next year, according to one historian's blog[/h]Posted by David Lambert
blackpixel.gif
12/15/2011
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jackson-5ive-DVD-Plans/16317
blackpixel.gif
In 1971, animation producers Rankin/Bass put together the cartoon personifications of Michael, Marlon, Jermaine, Jackie and Tito with the ABC-aired Saturday morning show the Jackson 5ive. The half-hour program ran for 23 episodes, including a kick-off episode with Motown legend Diana Ross voicing herself. The actual Jacksons weren't part of the regular voice cast, though, as their busy musical schedules prevented it.

However, it's interesting to note that the voice actor who played Michael Jackson in this show, Donald Fullilove, is still active today (unlike most of his "brothers" in this show), and has been heard recently in American Dad!, Wall-E and Up. The group's musical producer in the show's adventures (a personification of Motown founder Berry Gordy), was played by Paul Frees...a voice well known in film and TV (including the original War of the Worlds, Steve Canyon, Mister Magoo, "Boris Badenov" inRocky & Bullwinkle & Friends, "Ignatz Mouse" in Krazy Kat, "Colossus" in Colossus: The Forbin Project , "narrator" of Hardware Wars, various characters in the animated productions The Hobbit, The Return of the King, and "K.A.R.R." in Knight Rider...he had also been the original Pillsbury Doughboy!). Other on-screen characters in the cartoon included Michael's pet mice, "Ray" and "Charles", and pet snake "Rosie".

Why the trip down memory lane? Well, nothing is official, and we're not even certain how accurate this is. NOT to cast doubts on the website who gets the credit for this info, or anything like that. It's just that during the past couple of years, especially as many of this sort of show come to DVD via manufacture on demand programs, and those programs often make plans to release an old show like this one, but then some sort of obstacle comes up and the title doesn't see the light of day. However, while we should take it with a grain of salt until the official studio announcement comes through (whenever that may be), we're pleased to pass along word from historian Rick Goldschmidt's "Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass" blog, posted there yesterday, that "RANKIN/BASS' THE JACKSON FIVE SHOW coming to DVD in 2012! " Our thanks to reader Phil Satterley for the heads-up! Stay tuned, of course, and we'll fill you in as further information becomes available to us.

Taken from:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jackson-5ive-DVD-Plans/16317#ixzz1giGxjiI2

I have only seen the J5 TV show on youtube, so of course, I'd love to have it on DVD or Blu Ray.

I'd love to see concert footage on DVD instead. Why not "Going back to Indiana"? What they did on stage those days were incredable! And I can't even dare to think about Live at the Forum 1970/1972 being on DVD. >That< would be awesome, not cartoons.

I'd go for anything Michael did solo or with his brothers. Put everything out and I'll buy it all!

everything else from TV has been going to DVD so I don't see one reason why not to release it

I'll buy that :) Many times I've thought of getting a bootleg of the series, but wait in the hope it will be released officially.

We need his tour footage. From Triumph tour to Dangerous tour. I'm not really interested in these cartoons :p

Back