Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Famous R&B band New Edition talks about MJ/J5 influence :)

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Famous R&B band New Edition talks about MJ/J5 influence :)

I totally agree. However, I strongly feel that New Edition sounded much, much better —— in general, as a group —— after Bobby Brown left and Johnny Gill took his place. The unique development of their whole musical sound (as themselves, rather than their directly copycatting off of The Jacksons’ earlier “ ‘Motown’-era” sound), the content/subject matter of their songs’ lyrics, EVERYTHING had changed about them, since they matured and grew up from the little children they once were, and developed into the MEN they became. My most favorite songs of N. E. are, “Can You Stand the Rain?” and “Home Again.” I just L-O-V-E these songs; Both of them are great.
    Last edited by GGVVGGCC22331122; 04-10-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Mitchell Coleman Jr. feat Ralph Tresvant ~ I Can't Help It (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    This version of “I Can Help It” is really a nice “Smooth Jazz” cover version/remake. But, it doesn't beat Michael’s own, not by a long shot —— the song which Stevie Wonder originally wrote, by the way —— that’s on his “Off the Wall” album, produced by Quincy Jones.

Yet, we hear Michael’s strong influence on the style of Ralph Tresvant’s vocals, big time. What’s interesting to me, though, is that Ralph’s voice had really deepened a lot (sounding very much like the Baritone his voice developed into, rather than that of a much higher pitch/tone), yet, it still is recognizable as himself.
    Last edited by GGVVGGCC22331122; 04-10-2019 at 05:37 PM.