Are you a vegetarian?

Yes. I became a pescetarian (don't ask me why...and pescetarians are usually despised by both carnivore and vegetarian and vegan) when I was twenty, didn't eat meat besides fish for ten years and then cut out the fish as well.

I just can't eat it. Just can't. Was a progression and at some point the fish didn't feel right, either.

I'm okay being ovo-lacto.

No, I'm not. I cannot resist a piece of meat. And besides, I need to eat it. I feel weak If I don't.

I am trying to become a vegetarian although it is difficult as I can't live without meat....

Same here

At one time I used to be a big time meat eater. But now I have given up eating most meats. Chicken, fish, turkey, and shrimp are the only meats now that I will mostly eat. Pork products I had given up eating some years or so ago. Especially ham and regular bacon I will never eat that again. But yet every now and then I will crave things like hot dogs that has some pork in it. And same goes for pepperoni pizza. But other than that I will not eat pork. Turkey bacon is the only kind of bacon I will eat now. And red meat I really want to give up eating it completely. But when it comes to things like beef stew, meatloaf, and hamburgers it is something I just can't seem to say no to. But just like pork most red meats I will not eat anymore.

I became a vegetarian about 4 months ago and i feel great...i thought i would find it hard not eating meat but i havent eaten meat since :)

In theory, no. I have no qualms whatsoever about consuming animals. However, consuming them without acquiring some sort of food borne illness requires culinary skills... of which I have none. So, I don't eat meat unless someone else can be bothered to make it.

Vegetables and fruits require cleaning and preparation also, as well as munnies to buy [they run expensive here]. So I don't eat them either, unless someone else can be bothered to prepare them.

I usually eat ramen noodles, Pringles, soda, chewing gum, and candies, none of which really count as vegetables, as far as I know [you could count Pringles I guess since they're potatoes, but that's a huge stretch lol].

So, I guess you could say I'm a crapatarian. If it's overly processed, easy to prepare, and of dubious nutritional value, chances are I'm eating it.

I'm a veggie!!! I love it!

I've never really enjoyed the taste of meat, and often times I would only eat meat if that were the only option. But sometimes, if my dad would cook something like chicken and macaroni & cheese, I'd just have the mac & cheese. Other times, if I wanted to feel "full", I'd choose the meat option. The actual taste of meat, though, I do not enjoy. And I love animals. So I just decided to keep it out of my diet completely, as a choice. So happy I did!

Im a 'reluctant' vegan..... reluctant because I have been vegetarian since i was 15, but recently found out that i've somehow become lactose intolerent. And i don't like eggs. I essentially live on soya milk, apples and coffee!

I used to be a bit of a preachy vegetarian when i was younger, like i remember once a friend of mine was waving a packet of chicken (the wierd torn up stuff you put in sandwhiches) in my face to taunt me, and i spat in it.... which is pretty funny in hindsight

I'm not preachy about it all now... people can eat what they want, I'm too lazy to get angry about it!

I used to be a bit of a preachy vegetarian when i was younger, like i remember once a friend of mine was waving a packet of chicken (the wierd torn up stuff you put in sandwhiches) in my face to taunt me, and i spat in it.... which is pretty funny in hindsight

I'm not preachy about it all now... people can eat what they want, I'm too lazy to get angry about it!

I hate that kind. Lucky she was your friend, and she must have the patience of a saint to tolerate that, lol, although she was taunting you so she's kind of at fault too. But if someone spat in my food, I'd give them at least a black eye. Especially if that someone is a preachy vegetarian. People's food is a touchy thing.

I'd like to add I ate meat for the first time in a long time today--a whopper from Burger King. LOVE.

Oh, well, ever since I can remember I have had an utter distaste for meat. When I was little, you couldn't convince me in any peaceful way (lol) to eat it (I was forced by my mum to eat meat once a week though). Now I can say that I'm partly vegetarian, although not due to any moral objections, not being able to resist a chicken Shawarma once in a while.

No. And I don't ever plan stop eating meat. I cannot not to eat it. lol :D

My diet.

426175_326526504059378_100001060930367_1008523_2024381142_n.jpg

No, but I've thought about becoming one. It would be hard with my meat and potatoes loving husband. And... I love me some KFC too. Wouldn't be able to resist that.

Well, I tried for a few months to strictly eat SOYA stuff, veggie and pasta and I lost OMJ so much weight but NOW I do eat 'chicken' again as that 'veggie' stuff is quite 'expensive' though...
Then again I'm MORE a cereal, cheese, soya milk kinda girl NOW ;)
So, I'm NOT a STRICT Vegetarian but I 'dig' the healthy stuff though... MORE than before...

I could never be a vegetarian...Like others have said, I love meat too much! haha....I don't eat red meat a lot, but I loooove a good steak... It has to be cooked exactly like how I like it, (medium rare to rare) and I usually can't eat a whole piece, it's just too filling for me......lol...I eat some pork, not a whole lot...But I do LOVE turkey, chicken and fish the most though...Mostly shellfish, like crab! mmmmm! lol

Yes, I'm vegetarian for 11 years. I like being a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but sometimes it's difficult to buy healthy vegetarian food. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

I usually eat ramen noodles, Pringles, soda, chewing gum, and candies, none of which really count as vegetables, as far as I know [you could count Pringles I guess since they're potatoes, but that's a huge stretch lol].

So, I guess you could say I'm a crapatarian. If it's overly processed, easy to prepare, and of dubious nutritional value, chances are I'm eating it.

This is me too. :shock:

yes i work too closely with animals to consider them as food. I figure if i dont need to inflict suffering and death on an animal for me to survive than why would i? Its easy to be a vegatarian but i dont judge others everyones got to live their life as they want.

This is me too. :shock:

Yes, I love the lifestyle. Surprisingly enough, I'm not 400 lbs lol. I reckon that's because I don't vegetate, so my lack of vegetables does not affect my weight because I am not a vegetable. =P

yes i work too closely with animals to consider them as food. I figure if i dont need to inflict suffering and death on an animal for me to survive than why would i? Its easy to be a vegatarian but i dont judge others everyones got to live their life as they want.

Animals consider me food, so I consider them food. To be fair, though, I don't discriminate and am not opposed to eating members of my species either. I'm not under the pretense that humans are somehow better or worthier of life than the other animals. It just happens to be illegal to eat humans. =(

I was vegetarian in half year, then stopped, I don't eat steak, but I can eat little bit of meats, but most of the time I eat fruits, I want to be more healthy. I became vegetarian after I saw "Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky"

No, I would if I could but I can't, because I'm sensetive to the textures. I love some for which I love chicken, turkey and partridge fingers oh I love those. My brother's been eating healthy a little bit.

I am a vegetarian for 5 years. I love animals too much to eat it and to even think about eating it now, but for the first time it was very difficult to change the diet, really big stress for me:)

Why do you eat animals if you are an animal lover

Funny to bump into this thread again :cheeky:

Since August, I first had to stick to a stomach friendly diet and so I returned to the 'veggie' stuff...
Everything is expensive these days and I'm glad I can at least eat again :smilerolleyes:

I do understand peeps who eat 'crap' and 'meat' but for me... It was more of a HEALTHY decision to stuck with the veggie stuff and I must say... it's also stomach friendly 'cause you see I can now even go to work :bow:

I love the 'Garden gourmet' line at my local grocery store and especially the Veggie burger Deluxe :wub:
I eat a lot of toast bread, yoghurt, cereal :D

Back