"Is Janet Jackson Joining The X Factor?"

Thrill

Proud Member
Janet Jackson most certainly has the x factor but does she have The X Factor?

The pop icon appears caught off guard by the question when Anderson Cooper asks during an interview set to air Monday on his talk show.

"Oh my God," she said, before stumbling over her words a bit and laughing. .

When she finally found the words to answer his very pointed question, Jackson, 45, says, "No I'm not a judge on The X Factor."

But, there are two spots open on Simon Cowell's show after season 1 judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger were fired in January.

"You're not currently a judge on The X Factor," a giddy Cooper says.

"No, I am not," Jackson replies, "but that's all I really think I should say."

"Intriguing, I will say," Anderson says. "Intriguing."

Indeed!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20570980,00.html

The X Factor team have probably reached out to a few people to negotiate contracts. Looks like Janet is one of them, I hope she makes the cut.

They were talking about it today on Daybreak, a UK morning show. I think it would be a great move for Janet, plus she is a good example of the 'x factor' she can sing, dance and act. I couldn't see Janet as a judge myself though, but it would be interesting.

Plus she rubbed her ear when she replied saying no, isn't that supposed to be a sign of lying?

I thought I heard LaToya was in the running also.. she's going to be pissed if Janet gets it

Well, I was hoping of a new album from Janet this year... Still, I hope she joins the X Factor.

I don't see Janet signing up as full time judge for the show espically if she still wants to make movies and tour , I could see her as a mentor thou which she said she awlays said she wanted to do

Last edited:
I don't think it's necessarily a great gig to get, being an x factor judge. I think jlo did quite well out of it with her raised profile but has that pussycat doll, nicole someone, made headlines? Janet seems too classy and reserved for what simon wants - he expects drama, tears, tantrums, feuds from the judges, maybe i'm being cynical but i really don't think he chooses them on the basis of them actually spotting talent. Someone of Janet's stature is above this type of role, imo.

he expects drama, tears, tantrums, feuds from the judges, maybe i'm being cynical but i really don't think he chooses them on the basis of them actually spotting talent.

I agree. It's all about the DRAMA, on-stage and behind the judges table.

Simon Cowell already had one bite of the apple, he needs to come REAL BIG if he plans to stay in the game and hold on to any credibility he might have. It's do or die, in my opinion. Which will be tough, since there is an abundance of these types of programs on television now.

My feeling is that he is going to have to find 2 ladies that have HUGE personalities. Folks that will talk back and be very, very opinionated. I "think" Pink was another name being thrown around. Her street smarts and being a bit rough, might just work out. I definitely can see her standing up to Simon. LOL!

This news makes me happy. As someone who watched the 1st season, seeing Janet on the 2nd season just didn't excite me much. Too soft spoken.

JANET OFFICIALLY DECLINES 'X FACTOR' GIG

From the moment The X Factor let go of Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger, speculation ran rampant as to who will fill their mentor seats in season two.

On February 22, Simon Cowell revealed that Paula and Nicole would be replaced by two women, so naturally a short list of A-list ladies (who need no surname) began to formulate: Mariah. Britney. Pink. Janet.

Well, you can officially cut that list by one, because Janet Jackson tells TheInsider.com that she is "very flattered that X Factor let me know that I was being considered for next season, but it just wouldn't be possible."
Citing a previous commitment to her Number Ones Up Close and Personal Tour (which kicks off again this summer) and Lionsgate (the studio behind Tyler Perry's movies), Janet simply felt taking on a TV gig would be "unrealistic" at this time.

Janet's team added, "There have been absolutely no meetings between Janet and anyone with regard to X-Factor," so apparently her rumored participation was simply a fan fabrication. Although it's easy to understand why the hit-maker's name would be bandied about, since she's topped the charts for more than three decades!

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/50099_Janet_Jackson_Declines_X_Factor_Job/

Well I figured she couldn't commint anyway I don't now why people are talking about her being too soft spoken she can be critcal and I think would have made a good judge she's just not corky

Britney Spears In Final Talks To Be New 'X Factor' Judge

r-BRITNEY-SPEARS-X-FACTOR-large570.jpg

Long after her "Mickey Mouse Club" days, is Britney Spears finally headed back to TV? The pop superstar is reportedly nearing a deal to become a new judge on Simon Cowell's "The X Factor," The Hollywood Reporter revealed.According to a THR inside source, Spears' fianceJason Trawick is negotiating the final contract, which could be signed as soon as next week.

In January, "The X Factor" axed judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones from the Fox singing competition series.
If Spears joins Cowell and the only other remaining judge, LA Reid at the judges' table, that leaves one more seat to fill for Season 2 of the struggling singing competition.

LeAnn Rimes is reportedly in talks to judge "The X Factor,"
while Janet Jackson has officially declined her participation in the show.

Scherzinger recently told "Access Hollywood" that she was completely committed to the showduring Season 1. "Well, all I know is that I gave 110 percent to that show," she said. "I know everybody's talking about it. They're saying good, bad, they love me or hate me, but the one thing you can't say is that I didn't give it my all."
Scherzinger was originally tapped to co-host the series alongside Jones.

Bwhen British singer Cheryl Cole was abruptly fired as a judge, Scherzinger took her place at the table, and Jones was then left as the lone host of "The X Factor."
"I loved being a part of my ‘X Factor’ family," Scherzinger said. "Nothing could obviously prepare me for everything I had to go through, all the emotions and stuff, but I have no regrets."Though no official replacements have been named, that didn't stop HuffPost TV from naming a few people we think would do well on the show in February, Britney Spears included.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/britney-spears-x-factor-_n_1333764.html

If this happens, good call to hire Britney.

This would be a win win for both parties. Britney will bring major attention and her huge fanbase to the show and Britney gets to be on tv every week.

Very smart move.

I think Paula and Simon tried to recreate what they did on Idol and it doesn't work when it is different type of show etc. It's like when a popular soap couple go on a different soap and play new characters and they are put together again but it doesn't really work.

Britney would bring in younger viewers and I think 3 judges would be enough. I don't get why you need 4.

Back