Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: MJ Estate Sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme Countersues / Tohme's Complaint [Merged]

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,440 Times in 7,257 Posts

Default Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme

Michael Jackson’s Estate Sues a Former Personal Manager
    By BEN SISARIO

Paul Buck/European Pressphoto Agency
    Tohme R. Tohme listened to Jermaine Jackson at a news conference announcing the death of Michael Jackson in 2009.
    The estate of Michael Jackson has filed a lawsuit against one of Mr. Jackson’s former managers, accusing him of breach of fiduciary duty and seeking to recover some of the pop star’s personal property.

The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, accuses Tohme R. Tohme — Mr. Jackson’s personal manager from early 2008 until a few months before his death in June 2009 — of making bad business deals on his behalf and of paying himself large fees in the process.

For example, the suit says that in addition to the 15 percent of gross earnings that most artist managers take in compensation, Mr. Tohme arranged for a retainer of $35,000 a month, plus expenses. Mr. Tohme, who was born in Lebanon and has styled himself a doctor, was described by The Associated Press in a profile as “a financier with a murky past.”

In offering what it says is an example of breach of fiduciary duty, the lawsuit contends that Mr. Tohme did not fully disclose to Mr. Jackson the extent of his business connections with Colony Capital, the real estate investment company that took over his Neverland Ranch in 2008, when the singer was on the brink of insolvency. After introducing Mr. Jackson to Colony, the suit contends, Mr. Tohme claimed a “finder’s fee” of 10 percent of the $24 million refinanced loan on the house as well as a 10 percent cut of any future Neverland sale.

And in a glimpse into his last months, the suit says that Mr. Jackson fired Mr. Tohme “no later than April 14, 2009,” the day after an auction of thousands of Jackson’s personal items from Neverland went on view in Los Angeles; that auction, which had been arranged by Mr. Tohme, was shut down before any sales were made. The suit says that Mr. Tohme still possesses property belonging to the estate.

Mr. Tohme, who was close enough to Jackson’s family and inner circle that he spoke at a news conference at the U.C.L.A. Medical Center announcing the singer’s death, could not be reached for comment.

But the Jackson estate said it planned on hearing from him soon. In a statement on Friday, Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the estate, said: “We expect Mr. Tohme to file a lawsuit against the estate. We believe the facts will show that Mr. Tohme’s claims are meritless and that Mr. Tohme engaged in wrongdoing with respect to Michael Jackson starting early in their relationship.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...sonal-manager/
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 639 Posts

Damm about time... But This Is Also a sad read. All these people just used him. The people who were suppose TO look after him and to have his best interests at heart didnt give a crap and just saw the $$. Tohme is an evil bloodsucker!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vici For This Useful Post:

elusive moonwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    I need to see the complaint first. No media posted it yet and it's not available on court's website. But- remember Tohme is claiming the's owed money. so yeah this seems an action to stop that at least $2.4 M claim.- also MJ art is an element in Mann lawsuit and I think it was reported that Livingstone-Strong has plans to sell them. It seems to be to stop that as well.
    thanks.maybe ill get attacked for saying this but why did this go on time after time. mj was screwed over by weisner and co the exactly the same. Power of attorney etc.being signed over. signing contracts without having a lawyer etc. then exactly the same thing happened again with thome. in the scheme of things it doesnt matter anymore its the least of our worries.ill just never understand how someone many claimed was a great biz man did and allowed such things to happen

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

It was once reported that Michael agreed to do the Bashir interview without an attorney present.
    For me there has to be more going on with Michael and his mind to continually be doing this-something wasn't right.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captainhulk For This Useful Post:

ExoticPrincess

How such a vulture ended up in Michael's circle is beyond me. I still don't understand to this day how Michael just signed over Power of Attorney just like that? I can only imagine the state of mind he was in during that period.

I hope the Estate comes out the winner on this.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,206 Posts

This makes me happy, it's truly about time. Take this fool down and please no settlements. Well if some believe that MJ was not mentally stable at times then isn't that what his family is saying? But, it's not like they made things easier Jermaine introduce Tohme to mike smh and the family were always waiting for handouts by MJ. They even wanted to be part of This is it too. <_< Poor MJ...did anyone care?

"I always want to do music that influences and inspires each generation. Let's face it: Who wants mortality?" -MJ

I'll ALWAYS
    LOVE YOU MICHAEL!! <3

My MJ FB
    page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-am-...44452185586019

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluetopez View Post
    Well if some believe that MJ was not mentally stable at times then isn't that what his family is saying?
    I honestly think that he gave people a chance and saw the good in people and trusted them that they would not mess up... then when they DID in fact **** him over he ditched them (maybe too late sometimes), just like he did with Weisner and Tohme. But yeah like elusive said, this happened several times and you all know "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"... BUT I honestly think he just trusted that these people who worked FOR him would make sure everything worked smoothly and being trustworthy. Thats what you expect of your workers.
    Last edited by Vici; 18-02-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    He that filches from me my good name.. Make me poor indeed.. /Shakespeare

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vici For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^I agree! How was he gonna really know that the next person would also screw him over like the last? He would have no friends or employees if he didn't trust someone sometimes. I just feel really bad...and people wonder why he was paranoid and then some have the nerve to downplay it. Smh

"I always want to do music that influences and inspires each generation. Let's face it: Who wants mortality?" -MJ

I'll ALWAYS
    LOVE YOU MICHAEL!! <3

My MJ FB

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluetopez For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,100 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vici View Post
    I honestly think that he gave people a chance and saw the good in people and trusted them that they would not mess up... then when they DID in fact **** him over he ditched them (maybe too late sometimes), just like he did with Weisner and Tohme. But yeah like elusive said, this happened several times and you all know "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"... BUT I honestly think he just trusted that these people who worked FOR him would make sure everything worked smoothly and being trustworthy
    yup I agree with you...Michael was very trusting and always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt...but once they crossed him ...he gave them the boot. I am SSOO happy that The Estate is bringing this suite against Tohme....it is LONGGGG in coming..and I hope that he is reviled for the snake in the grass that he really is. Just look at all those dollars figures that he tried to get Michael to be liable for....Michael's friend my ass...he too used Michael for monetary purposes. THIS here is why he let no one around Michael while he was incharge...he wanted NO ONE to get into Michael's ear and tell him what kind of thief Tohme really was. I hope Branca and Mclain make him look like and idiot. Like I said already this is LLONGGG in coming...and if anything it will be a small amount of Justice for Michael. Thome has hidden under his rock for far to long and I STILL believe that he was more involved in what happened to Michael than we know.
    "His stirring voice, his musical genius, his creativity and his generosity and his huge heart was extinguished forever." Panish

"When you want to be close to me, listen to the music the L.O.V.E is stored there and will not die..!" ~ #MichaelJackson ~

Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it, my music, I know I will live forever...MJ...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xthunderx2 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,569 Times in 1,515 Posts

Finally!!

I can't believe MJ was tricked into agreing such outrages deals. MJ actually signed and paid Tohme???

So greedy and bad people surrounded MJ in his final years!

Hope the estate wins and hope MJ Estate gets back the $900 million art collection!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,440 Times in 7,257 Posts

Michael Jackson's estate files suit against his former manager
    February 17, 2012 | 3:54 pm

Michael Jackson’s estate filed suit against his former manager Friday, demanding the return of millions of dollars and accusing him of duping the pop star into an extraordinarily generous compensation package in the years before his death.

The suit asked a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to void agreements that gave Tohme R. Tohme a 15% cut of Jackson’s pay as well as a $35,000-a-month salary and a cut of the sale of the Neverland Ranch.

Tohme, who the suit claims had no background in the entertainment industry, helped negotiate the terms of Jackson’s final doomed comeback attempt, a series of London concerts. After Jackson’s 2009 death, he filed a claim against his estate, saying he was owed at least $2.3 million.

Estate lawyers wrote that it was Tohme who owed Jackson money and asked he be ordered to turn over records of his management of the singer’s affairs.

Tohme declined to comment beyond saying that he was filing his own suit against the estate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...-manager-.html
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xthunderx2 View Post
    home has hidden under his rock for far to long and I STILL believe that he was more involved in what happened to Michael than we know.
    If he was fired before MJ passed (Juliens auction fiasco) then why did he still have MJ's $5 million and only gave it back to the estate in July after MJ passed?? There is so much more to this man..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Vici For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    The suit asked a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to void agreements that gave Tohme R. Tohme a 15% cut of Jackson’s pay as well as a $35,000-a-month salary and a cut of the sale of the Neverland Ranch.
    What do the estate want with this suit aside of trying getting back the art collection? What does "void agreements" mean here? Does it mean that the estate only is trying to block his aim of the $2,5 million or are they also somehow trying to get him repay some of the amounts he STOLE from MJ?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Hope the estate wins and hope MJ Estate gets back the $900 million art collection!
    Yea I always thought that it was pure B.S that this collection was given to Brett Livingstone Strong just like that... just for helping MJ draw?! O_o I mean no way would he just give 900mil away to thank someone. That's like way to generous even for MJ lol That collection should belong to MJs children and nobody else.
    Last edited by bluetopez; 18-02-2012 at 01:00 AM.

I'll ALWAYS
    LOVE YOU MICHAEL!! <3

My MJ FB

Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,159 Times in 2,357 Posts

WTH? I said WTfrikkinH?? :blink:
    I can't believe Michael would sign all those documents without his lawyer present.

Yeah Estate, shut Tohme's money hungry ass DOOOOWWWNNN! !

Missing Michael.....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Silouette For This Useful Post: