Enough for Today (Dancing the dream)

MIST

Proud Member
Enough for Today

Dance rehearsals can go on past midnight, but this time I stopped at ten. "I hope you don't mind," I said, looking up into space, "but that's enough for today."

A voice from the control room spoke. "You okay?"

"A little tired, I guess," I said.

I slipped on a windbreaker and headed down the hall. Running footsteps came up behind me. I was pretty sure who they belonged to. "I know you too well," she said, catching up with me. "What's really wrong?"

I hesitated. "Well, I don't know how this sounds, but I saw a picture today in the papers. A dolphin had drowned in a fishing net. From the way its body was tangled in the lines, you could read so much agony. Its eyes were vacant, yet there was still that smile, the one dolphins never lose, even when they die..." My voice trailed off.

She put her hand lightly in mine. "I know, I know."

"No, you don't know all of it yet. It's not just that I felt sad, or had to face the fact that an innocent being had died. Dolphins love to dance, of all the creatures in the sea, that's their mark. Asking nothing from us, they cavort in the waves while we marvel. They race ahead of ships, not to get there first but to tell us, 'It's all meant to be play. Keep to your course, but dance while you do it.' "So there I was, in the middle of rehearsal, and I thought, 'They're killing a dance.' And then it seemed only right to stop. I can't keep the dance from being killed, but at least I can pause in memory, as one dancer to another. Does that make any sense?"

Her eyes were tender. "Sure, in its way. Probably we'll wait years before everyone agrees on how to solve this thing. So many interests are involved. But it's too frustrating waiting for improvements tomorrow. Your heart wanted to have its say now."

"Yes," I said, pushing the door open for her. "I just had this feeling, and that's enough for today."

Michael Jackson

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/00looJtTXtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
&#8220;Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.&#8221;
MJ

I love that piece from Dancing the Dream, it moved me so much. The whole book does. It took me many attempts to read the entire book without crying.

I will never understand why Michael´s life was stolen from him.
Why did it happen to a man with such a beautiful soul?
I can´t do anything to save Michael, but I can try to help creatures in the sea

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aJMPTmbOvR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So profoundly moving. I think Dancing the Dream gives us more of an insight into Michael the man than Moonwalker ever did.

i want dancing the dream...i always did...but it's so expensive now days ...and after buyingn several magazines,moonwalk, cds...my mom thought i was buying too many mj stuff...so i had to stop...well she thinks i'd stopped...i never did. i bought vision, blood on the dance floor, triumph,destiny, this is it magazines...and man in music book....i just don't talk about mj at home. sorry for being off topic

i want dancing the dream...i always did...but it's so expensive now days ...and after buyingn several magazines,moonwalk, cds...my mom thought i was buying too many mj stuff...so i had to stop...well she thinks i'd stopped...i never did. i bought vision, blood on the dance floor, triumph,destiny, this is it magazines...and man in music book....i just don't talk about mj at home. sorry for being off topic

You MUST BUY AND READ Dancing The Dream.

If you can't get the book at least you must read all of his poems and essays.

http://breakofdawn.webs.com/Dance.html

But maybe you did that already. :)

So profoundly moving. I think Dancing the Dream gives us more of an insight into Michael the man than Moonwalker ever did.

To me, his music, art, poems, dance, and his humanitarian efforts and love for people around the world ALL will give us more insight into Michael's soul than any book anyone could ever write about him...THAT was his language..:)

I wonder what Michael thought about dolphine- and orcas shows at seaworld .
The animals are not free to dance their own dance there.

Back