Tabloid Junkie - Bridge: What is MJ singing/mumbling?

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
I opened a thread on this on MaxJax before it got closed down (with no legit replies).

I just can't seem to hear what he is singing in some parts, it's almost impossible with no a cappella but I'm sure someone with some skills can something out of it.

It's from around 3:05 to 3:22, please help me with it and listen to it in best quality possible. To help out, here's a filtered version, in an attempt to get the vocals a little clearer: http://soundcloud.com/justanotherbrickinthewall/tb-bridge

Help a fan out, this could also be interesting :)

This is what I have gotten out of it:

Everybody some things about them
Everybody got some freak to pop

Everybody got some vicious about them
Everybody got something to stalk

...some problem
Everybody talking about endless phantom

We gotta do something about them
Can't a brother talk about the news problem

Last edited:
Nah, those don't even make sense. I think he was just ad-libing random things... MJ style, as he sometimes does. Speaking his very own language, if you will. :lol:

Nah, I def. think he is singing SOMETHING. The line "Everybody got some vicious about them" is def. sung.

^^ I often wondered what he said in that bridge too...I personally think it's a mix of gibberish and actual words...It's like he sings actual words, and then slips into Jackonese...His ad libbing where he actually doesn't say anything...I doubt anyone actual knows what he sang other than Michael himself lol :D

Yes i remember that thread on Max Jax.....actually pentum i found what you wrote is the closest thing

I'm pretty sure at some point he sings/raps "everybody wants to read about it"

Bumping this for fun because I was just Googling this again, and there's basically no one on the internet who has tried to solve what on earth Michael is singing in the bridge here... Anyone is free to give it a try. My lyrics in the first post a gibberish, although the line "Everybody got some vicious about them" is def. there

Haha I tried to decipher this but I really have NO clue what he's talking about:D N'aww Michael:lol:

We need a capellas... Songs from HIStory are especially interesting to me in this sense - in Money, for example, he calls out people by name, and you can barely hear it!
I'll try to ask Brad Sundberg about it when I attend his seminar. Maybe he has a capellas.

Here is what I got. As I said the last time I transcribed some lyrics, the best technique is to listen to snippets over and over again until you get it. Using headphones on the max volume is necessary, though not necessarily healthy! I think it does some justice to MJ that we are trying to figure out what he really says, as it seems to me that internet lyrics and even the printed booklets are just totally wrong in some cases. I think he at least deserves the respect of accurate lyrics, come on.

(In the news today, from the strange and weird fact file. Singer Michael Jackson sleeps in an oxygen chamber. The singer says that the hyperbaric chamber has the benefits of reversing the aging process.)

(From the news desk, singer Michael Jackson has a shrine to Elizabeth Taylor in his Encino home. We'll have that and more, after this. Thank you.)

(We've got more ahead. Singer Michael Jackson has made an offer of two million dollars for the skeletal remains of the Elephant Man. Join us next for the news.)

(This just in. Singer Michael Jackson has a shrine to Elizabeth Taylor in his Encino home.)

(Michael Jackson's in the news again. This time, an incredible revelation.)

(Michael Jackson/in the news today/Michael/Elizabeth Taylor will take Vincent/going to play Michael Jackson/dined by candlelight/at our next/have a legion/home of)

Hoo (16x)

Ah, spread your lie to break the one you hate
Shaken up, their life you confiscate
Assassinate and mute them
Well
It's the hounding media in hysteria
With the news for you to run to break
Judge and kill
Expose the CIA
You be tellin' the press to spot what's
The black mystery in all human history

It's slander
You say it's not a sword
But with your pen you torture men
You crucify the Lord
And you don't have to read it (read it)
And you don't have to eat it (eat it, oh)
To buy it is to feed it (feed it)
Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves

Just because you read it in a magazine
Or see it on the TV screen
Don't make it factual (Yeah)
Though everybody wants to read all about it
Or see it on a TV screen
Don't make it factual
Actual
They say he's homosexual

In the hood, frame him if you could
Shoot to kill, they'll blame him if you will
If he dies, sympathize
As though love's first right is to blame the self-righteousness
In the black, they stab me in the back
In the face, to lie and shame the race
Heroin and Marilyn is the headline story of all your glory day

It's slander
With the words you use
You're a parasite in black and white
Do anything for news
And you don't go out and buy it (buy it)
And they won't glorify it ('fied it, oh)
To read it, sanctified it ('fy it)
Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves (baby)
Just because you read it in a magazine (baby)
Don't make it factual (yeah, oh)
Everybody wants to lead all about it
Don't make it factual
See, but everybody wants to believe all about it (oh, release me)
Just because you read it in a magazine (somebody release me)
Or see it on a TV screen
Don't make it factual (believe it, baby, see)
But everybody wants to believe all about it (baby, believe me, baby)
Just because you read it in a magazine (believe, baby)
Or see it on a TV screen (believe it, baby)
Don't make it factual
Actual
She's blonde and she's bisexual

(Just sixty seconds and new Michael Jackson story/Now the revelation/He's new wave, just calls him "Biggie"/Jackson said, I was sorry/New story ahead/What is it/Reporting, from Puerto Rico)

Everybody got someone to think about
Don't everybody got some food to throw
Everybody got some vicious talk
Don't everybody got some news today
Ah, bah, bah, bah bah
Everybody talk about the end of their idol
We've got those who accept it from them
Can't stop anybody from it-then-who's-to-blame but them

(Got a story in Encino/Now a story from the wackier side of the news. Michael Jackson's pet chimpanzee Bubbles can be rented./The centerpiece of the property/thirty million dollars/Michael Jackson's private ranch in Santa Barbara/Sunday, February 19 and 20th/in a wedding date in a restaurant in Gary to cry/the many are Jackson's longtime friend Donald Trump/incriminating them in beating and torturing)

Scandal
With the words you use
You're a parasite in black and white
Do anything for news
And you don't go out and buy it (buy it)
And they won't glorify it ('fy it)
To read it sanctified it ('fies it)
Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves
Slander
You say it's not a sin
But with your pen you torture men
But why do we keep foolin' ourselves (baby)

Just because you read it in a magazine (believe it baby)
Don't make it factual (baby)
Though everybody wants to read all about it (yeah, oh)
Don't make it factual (so you better believe)
But everybody wants to read all about it (oh, yeah, baby)
Just because you read it in a magazine (baby)
Or see it on the TV screen (believe it baby)
Don't make it factual (see, Sunday Times got a friend of mine)
Just because you read it in a magazine (baby, 'mebody release me)
Or see it on the TV screen (believe baby)
Don't make it factual (better believe, yeah yeah)
Just because you read it in a magazine (baby, yeah yeah)
Or see it on the TV screen (baby, yeah yeah)
Don't make it factual (believe it baby)
Actual (oh oh)
You're so damn disrespectable

Last edited:
I never understood what he was saying either lol

so i just sing along and dance to the clear parts

LyricGuy;3900287 said:

Hey! I know i’m super late to this lol, but i’ve actually always thought he said “someday Times gonna ruin my life”. Which would be interesting considering i read somewhere in a “timeline of the allegations” article that Time was the first news outlet to publish something about the allegations. I went back and found it, and according to the article this was the gist of what Time published in 1993; “ The Los Angeles Times reports that the LAPD has begun investigating Jackson based on allegations that he possibly molested four children, including a 13-year-old boy.”

No idea if this is true and don’t really plan on digging through old news to find out who published it first and pissing myself off reading it all lol, however i was looking online to see if anyone else caught that but i guess not. This is the only serious analyzation of this song I could find so i thought i’d share, just thought it was interesting if those are the lyrics.

Wouldn't surprise me if Michael was saying something relative, he was clever with stuff like that

I only found out about the names stated in "Money" last year and it took the song to another level for me, something as simple as stating rich/money hungry people

michaelsglove;4315808 said:
LyricGuy;3900287 said:

Hey! I know i’m super late to this lol, but i’ve actually always thought he said “someday Times gonna ruin my life”. Which would be interesting considering i read somewhere in a “timeline of the allegations” article that Time was the first news outlet to publish something about the allegations. I went back and found it, and according to the article this was the gist of what Time published in 1993; “ The Los Angeles Times reports that the LAPD has begun investigating Jackson based on allegations that he possibly molested four children, including a 13-year-old boy.”

No idea if this is true and don’t really plan on digging through old news to find out who published it first and pissing myself off reading it all lol, however i was looking online to see if anyone else caught that but i guess not. This is the only serious analyzation of this song I could find so i thought i’d share, just thought it was interesting if those are the lyrics.
🤣🤣🤣Sunday times not a friend of mine

On an old website called MJIFC,there was a FAQ section and I remembered they explaining that at minute 03.48 you can hear "michael jackson married debbie rowe".

Of course it aint true.. but that was the myth circa 98/99.

Back