We want the L.A. 1989 concert on BLURAY campaign!!!

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
Estate and Sony, for BAD25 you guys really did an outstanding job! We are so happy, but we would be extra grateful if we also got a BLURAY for people with a home cinema set and big screen tv's!

People, it's time to let the estate knows this! There is much footage of it online, and it looks perfect! Take a look at 'THE ONE' DVD. When you see the segments of the song BAD, you'll ask yourself: "where they did get this footage from??"

Please estate, release this show on BLURAY! We all have big screen tv's. And after the succes of THIS IS IT, it is clear that there is enough demand for it!

Let's raise our voice as 1!

(if we don't try, we won't get it ever)

I just created a petition! Promote this everywhere you can! You can sign here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/michael-jackson-the-bad-tour-la-1989-blu-ray/

Check these HQ snippets out!:

Petitions by iPetitions.com

Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!

Last edited:
:lol:

I will of course support this!

Wembley - Tjek

NEXT ! :lol:

Hell yeah! Make it happen Estate! You still have four months to reconsider...

Just make the release a DOUBLE release!

2 concerts!!! - That would make the fan base go crazy! - Then who cares if Wembley isn't the best quality? - If we get LA '89 in great quality too - everyone will be happy!

If they do that it would be great!

I do not believe this. - Then again, we got the Wembley concert we asked for...

We always want more, at this rythm the estate will stop listening to us cause its pointless.

Dont get me wrong, i want blu ray as muuuch as you do, but lets say they release LA blu ray, you'll start another petition demanding studio footage...its just endless.

now after it seams wembley blu its very unlikely, i'm more and more beliving that if blu-ray it coming out one day, it gona be LA.

YEEEES, please.

I have George Michael last concert in London on DVD, it is crisp and crystal clear, way good enough with a great source. Given all the context, I prefer a good DVD instead of a so so BluRay. If their source is Standard Definition, they can't make it a great BluRay: just watch at the standard definition in TII, this is not the best thing in the film quality wise.

Guys, we're asking for the moon. We asked for untouched unreleased songs, we're getting them. We ask for Bad Tour in Wembley, and we're getting it. And now we're asking for a Los Angeles concert? Seriously? Can't we just be grateful for what we're getting? The Estate seems like they're really trying to please us, and then this petition starts.

dvd is yesterdays story. i have GM last tour on blu and is great.
DM last tour too, with great bonuses.
and no need evryone to repeat that bluray is useless if its only sd source is avaible. everyone knows thst.
if you still have sdtv, of course dvd looks great.

We always want more, at this rythm the estate will stop listening to us cause its pointless.

Dont get me wrong, i want blu ray as muuuch as you do, but lets say they release LA blu ray, you'll start another petition demanding studio footage...its just endless.

Guys, we're asking for the moon. We asked for untouched unreleased songs, we're getting them. We ask for Bad Tour in Wembley, and we're getting it. And now we're asking for a Los Angeles concert? Seriously? Can't we just be grateful for what we're getting? The Estate seems like they're really trying to please us, and then this petition starts.

It's for a future obviously. I don't think there would be another Bad tour release in next 5 years..
But from one point of view you obviously have a point. But from another - Michael in VHS? Seriously? It's 2012.

Last edited:
What's bothering me with this release is that if they release a Bad tour concert now, there's a good chance they won't release any other Bad tour concert for many years. So whatever quality we get this year, we might be stuck with for the next 10-15 years. If they told us, "We'll release the VHS quality this year, but next year we promise you a great 3 blu-ray boxset of the Bad tour", then I wouldn't be worried at all and I would just enjoy this year's release very much. It's the possibility that we might miss our only opportunity to get the Bad tour in HD that is worrisome.

They should release Wembley and L.A. together. I have seen many dvds with multiple concerts. Of course I am already satisfied that they are releasing Wembley concert but L.A. concert would be a nice bonus. If they have this great quality footage why not release it?

Last edited:
maybe LA was the only concert to be retained in decent video quality over the years? they may have digitalised the beta tape once the tour finished and perhaps thats why its the only gig to be featured in video montage and dvd releases... but if thats the case I think a release will come eventually but at the moment, for Bad 25, Wembley will be the one to come. :) but if the concert is that rare and unobtainable I'm glad that is being released in whatever quality they have it, but it must be viewable otherwise they wouldn't put it out there in the collection.

I'll start the petition as soon as I get home, won't today though because I'm gonna party tonight!

Hope they spin BAD. in the club...

Actually, people demanding L.A. 89 isn't something new. Ever since the whole 'Bad Tour' petition started, there was a poll between LA 89 and Wembley 88. Obviously, the majority of fans wanted Wembley.

This is just the fans who wanted L.A. raising their voice about it. I mean, they should've taken into account the quality of the concert too, not just the specific date. If they have LA 89 or any other concert in a better quality, they should just release that one instead of a VHS rip DVD of Wembley...

Again, people aren't being picky here, they just want what they consider to be a better choice for a concert release...

Why are we all so greedy? We should be thankful for what we are getting, and just be blessed that we are receiving something we all want to see so badly. Sorry guys, but we need to really just be thankful. Whether you like the quality or not.

"Whether you like the quality or not. "

when it comes to Michael Jackson, quality comes first ! in every aspect of the word quality.
Who does remember the Dangerous CD and LP released with this EPIC QUALITY GUARANTEED sticker on it ? This said it all.

55064307.jpg

They should release Wembley and L.A. together. I have seen many dvd with multiple concerts. Of course I am already satisfied that they are releasing Wembley concert but L.A. concert would be a nice bonus. If they have this great quality footage why not release it?

I just watched it this afternoon and it is just superb as great DVD on LCD screen with HDMI connection.

as will the wembley one also probably, unless we jump to conclusions! they wouldn't release it if it was unwatchable! ;)

We are jumping to conclusions regarding the Wembley show. Does any of you have the DVD in your hands? No. No one knows just quite what we are getting.

"why are we all so greedy"

we are not. we just wanting the best possible.

why do you pleasant yourself with so much less?

so sony can screw us again and again?

the cd's are just fine.

is it really to much to ask to bring something out for once without causing controversy in the fan-base?

don't tell me they didnt expect that this "personal vhs COPY" would cause uproar.

This is just plain ridiculous, after so much whining about Wembley we finally got it and people need to be thankful, just stop these campaigns

We are jumping to conclusions regarding the Wembley show. Does any of you have the DVD in your hands? No. No one knows just quite what we are getting.

Well one thing we know for sure is that we won't get a blu-ray from a VHS. Of course those who still have a small TV set and no blu-ray player will not mind, but you've got to understand the point of view of someone trying to watch a VHS on a big screen TV, it looks like a blur. Blu-ray was not invented so the picture would look even clearer on small TVs, it was invented because DVDs didn't look that good anymore on big-screen TVs. When you have a small TV, blu-ray is just a plus. But when you have a big TV, blu-ray becomes a must.

Of course, if VHS tapes are all that is left from Michael's performances, then we'll take them as they are. But if there are film recordings hidden somewhere, then it's the Estate's job to get their hands on it and to give us decent quality for a 2012 release. I wish the Estate would clarify this situation regarding the possible existence of master tapes.

Back